Trailer Build
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Trailer Build

Trailer Build

Here's the new home for my new Ranger 305g, torch tanks, and gas air compressor. I built the trailer and cord racks with a combination of GMAW, SMAW, FCAW-G, and FCAW-S. The job box has all of my misc. tools as well as suitcase feeder. I'm very happy with the new welder, although it is a gas hog.
    Last edited by Mark_D; 04-09-2018 at 07:58 PM.
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Everlast Powerarc 200ST
    A pile of grinders.

Re: Trailer Build

That looks very handy
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Wouldn't worry about the fuel consumption.

My GXT starts when it's cold, starts when it's hot, just plain ol' starts...............and welds.

Gotta welder with one of those crappy Kooooobooooota motors, and it's crap when it comes to starting on cold days. Least I think it's a Kobotooooooooooo, all's I know is that I believe it's a 3 cylinder, and it ain't a Kohler.

Gotta run diesel in my tractors, and big trucks, don't have a choice.........but I hate the stuff.

I've had good luck with the little kubota diesels if they have glow plugs and a hot battery. They'll usually pop right off with 2-3 long cycles of the glow plugs.

As for the gas hog, my trailblazer burns as much or more than my 67' sa200 when you run them balls out. They both do a little better if you run them at weld speed and not use the auto idler if you're just pounding rods.
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"

The 305g has a nice arc. It runs my 8VS suitcase feeder beautifully. I have nothing bad to say about it other than it drinks gas. I'm getting ready to wire my house to use it as a backup generator as well.
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Everlast Powerarc 200ST
    A pile of grinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_D View Post
    The 305g has a nice arc. It runs my 8VS suitcase feeder beautifully. I have nothing bad to say about it other than it drinks gas. I'm getting ready to wire my house to use it as a backup generator as well.
    Good plan - I used my miller bobcat for that last summer during a 10 hour outage.

It knows how to burn gas quickly too but it was very nice to have power.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    Wouldn't worry about the fuel consumption.

My GXT starts when it's cold, starts when it's hot, just plain ol' starts...............and welds.

Gotta welder with one of those crappy Kooooobooooota motors, and it's crap when it comes to starting on cold days. Least I think it's a Kobotooooooooooo, all's I know is that I believe it's a 3 cylinder, and it ain't a Kohler.

Gotta run diesel in my tractors, and big trucks, don't have a choice.........but I hate the stuff.
    Those little 3 bangers should start right up...you use additive? You might be getting some gelling in the line...
    I like the Kohler too...but my Bota engines all fire first time everytime...even to 8 below...