Hitch receiver for forklift - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hitch receiver for forklift

Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    Ah, my old lift was like that I guess, but I never took the forks off.

My current lift is entirely different, although it has a carriage on it, I will need to go look at it and get a better look.

The forks themselves are on a large round rod, about 1" is diameter. They kind of swing on the rod, so when you tilt the mast forward, they rock out on the rod. To adjust them, you slide them in/out on each side of center.

For transporting, the forks flip over and onto the fenders, and the mast tilts forward...let me see if I have a pic of the carriage...yeah, I will need to come up with something entirely different if I want to do that, but have options...
    That bar looks very like the bar on some agricultural or earth movers quick attach for the front bucket. Could you make a hook to weld onto the top of for hires design so it fits your machine?

Something like the hook on this bucket

https://goo.gl/images/8sHjDD
    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by quietsailor; 04-17-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quietsailor View Post
    That bar looks very like the bar on some agricultural or earth movers quick attach for the front bucket. Could you make a hook to weld onto the top of for hires design so it fits your machine?
    Something that would hang like that could work, but I was thinking that I might be able to attach something on the bottom cross member of the carriage, then it would only be a matter of raising the carriage to level out the trailer while you move it around. Even if the forks did get in the way you could tilt the mast to position them between the ground and tongue, that goes true for Randy's design above also. Since my mast goes 30 fleet, in 10 foot stages I don't see a problem lifting even a few feet.

I'll need to figure a different setup.

Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    Since my mast goes 30 fleet, in 10 foot stages I don't see a problem lifting even a few feet. .
    Well it would be one way to move a trailer into a tight corner - lift it 30 feet into the air

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by quietsailor View Post
    Well it would be one way to move a trailer into a tight corner - lift it 30 feet into the air
    That would be good entertainment to watch...