Wheel adaptors - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel adaptors

Re: Wheel adaptors

Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    Welding that up will leave the spot where the dish attaches to the rim just MAYBE warm to the touch. Big difference between that, and running a bead on the rim itself, where the backside of the weld will be in the neighborhood of 2000+ degrees

You guys kill me
    you would think brakes and bearings never transfer heat to the wheel......

Quote Originally Posted by cd19 View Post
    you would think brakes and bearings never transfer heat to the wheel......
    It reminds me disk brakes turning white hot on formula one race cars... anyhow i don't want to weld rims with tires on them...

So just out of curiosity... can you simply drill out the new bolt pattern with out cutting out the bigger hub pattern and simply use the spacer to move the wheel out enough? or do you need to cut the hub out to fit? Im unsure of what you goal is.
    Miller thunderbolt 250
    Decastar 135E
    Recovering tool-o-holic
    ESAB OA
    I have been interested or involved in Electrical, Fire Alarm, Auto, Marine, Welding, Electronics ETC to name a just a few. So YES you can own too many tools.

The yellow wheel had 8 lugs with a 6 inch center hole I wanted to put them on a machine wit 10 bolt 11.25 center hole the yellow wheels were dished in a spot were the bolts would hit. These rims are half inch thick 46 diameter wheels with tire weigh several hundred pounds not something gonna put on a drill press.
    Trying to hand drill not a option
    By drawing the adapter in cad and cutting it on plasma table everything fit, simply pass a reamer through the holes and clean out the center with flap disc
    More luck than skill but the adapter fits as snug or better than the original wheel did
    By putting adapter on back side of rim it helped with offset I needed to get correct center to center spacing
    Mike

Come on man where are the mounted pics?
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

Name:  This_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif
Views: 227
Size:  41.6 KB

I'll post some, matter of fact when the project is done I'll have enough pictures to fill up the site.
    I'm in the process of converting a 4 wd combine to a sprayer.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ky farmer View Post
    I'll post some, matter of fact when the project is done I'll have enough pictures to fill up the site.
    I'm in the process of converting a 4 wd combine to a sprayer.
    Mike
    That's the only one I have right now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Those look like those riceland tires, or irrigation tires. Haven't seen them in years, so I might be totally wrong

seen some narrow sprayer tires like that too

you're overloading my little old guy brain

I bought the combine last fall , cheap cause a buddy bought it only for the like new tires it had. You are correct about a week after I got it I found the skinny wheels a guy had taken off a tractor he bought from down south. So yep out of a rice paddy in the delta. The comercial high clearance sprayers use them to, mine are 13.6-46
    Mike

K'kins cringes when I say................"Ya know, I've been thinkin'....."

We're not rich by any stretch of the imagination. (And I'm not kidding). I get into crap that takes weeks before it's done, but it's paid for, and it's all ours when it's done.

Some old farts run around with unsuitable women, often many years their junior. I don't. I spend all my remaining testosterone on old rusty junk. She's sorta happy (it's relative), and I'm totally happy. And we can still look each other in the eye over the breakfast table.

Until she stubs her toe on the sprocket laying in front of the washing machine Name:  erniefp.png
Views: 192
Size:  13.7 KB

60t sprocket for #40 chain.........genuine Martin Somehow she fails to see the joy in this.

And the Fleabay price (about 15 bucks) doesn't seem to float her boat either.

I mean, like, like...........I go to the clothing store with her, and sit calmly by while she flips thru the clearance stuff. And I say HOORAY when she gets a bargain. This all ought to be reciprocal methinks

Ever watch a woman flip thru a clothing rack.........................IT'S FRIGGIN' BRUTAL.........WITHA CAPITAL "B"

They just about rip that stuff offa the hanger. It's primal.

I don't know what you grow, so this is just throwin' it out there for a discussion.

I do forage crops. Hay Grazer, or Winter Oats.

I look at this new no till stuff, and wonder about it.

I do old fashioned clean till. More fuel, more wear and tear. But phenominal yields.

I've never seen no till produce what I can, with conventional tillage. And they have to spend a ton of money on chemicals..........not to mention what's happening to the food chain from all those chemicals (don't believe Monsanto when they tell you there's no effect, that's BS)

My seed is cheaper................not having to be Roundup ready, and all that horsecrap. I just don't see the upside of what's going on these days. I mean Hell......we beat soil erosion with the chisel plow here in the Southern Plains years ago, so don't come at me with the erosion factor.

Yes thrift stores always have women in them being thrifty.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

And WTF kind of horsecrap is it to patent seeds..........that's out and out BS. About the same as what the equipment manufacturers are doing with their equipment and all the electronic BS they're putting on it. Can't do crap to your stuff without infringing on a patent or license. That's pure crap.

Sam I have corn and soybeans, along with beef cattle, I didn't need a bigger sprayer bad enough to buy one the combine kinda fell in my lap so I went with it.
    Around my part of Kentucky no till vs conventional yields are about the same, and with our jacked up weather getting a few dry days in a row is a tough one, may need to switch to rice
    Mike