Led light Front face panel
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Led light Front face panel

Buddy at work gave me this battery operated led light for free.Found home for it wanted to share,see how long it last,gonna hide wires with some blk electrical tape.For free so nothing to lose.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Led light Front face panel

Can't see for sure, is that one of the rope looking lights?. Be interesting to see how well they weather.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

12" Flat strip.

Quote Originally Posted by admswelding View Post
    12" Flat strip.
    Haven't seen one of those yet. Uses like "AA" batteries? I've got a bunch of the flat panels but they are all 70 volt. Not sure what the heck to do with those.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

DAMMIT!
    Installing a LED emitter on my MM-200 just went on the things to do list.

Hopefully by the time I get to it the list will have decided if the machine wants white or blue LEDs.
    This job could cost me as much as 5 bucks.

Probably ought to set aside a RED emitter for the Lincoln vertical too, can't have machine jealousy in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil5 View Post
    DAMMIT!
    Installing a LED emitter on my MM-200 just went on the things to do list.

Hopefully by the time I get to it the list will have decided if the machine wants white or blue LEDs.
    This job could cost me as much as 5 bucks.

Probably ought to set aside a RED emitter for the Lincoln vertical too, can't have machine jealousy in the shop.
    There are lights in your shop,not always the case on rig welding at night.

Got a customer that runs New Holland Big balers at night, They have installed many feet of the rope lights over the knotters, in the twine boxes, etc. It's a huge improvement over a light behind you that just throws shadows where you are trying to work.

Whole new generation of cheap LED emitters has come to market that outperform what has been available. $1.50 30 watt emitter consumes 27 watts on 120 volts and delivers more lumens than a 2 light 4 foot fluorescent. Only problem with them is the heat sinking required for the electronics. The built in dissipator runs at 200°.

12 volt units too have become 100 times better than what was available 5 years ago. 12v PIR switches and dusk to dawn switches are cheap.

Shop is equipped with both systems for guaranteed lighting when the PoCo craps out.

MM-200 deserves a reward for 38 years of faithful service, units are in inventory, it's just a matter of deciding how I'll wire it. I'm conflicted about using a PIR detector to switch the light on and off when I approach the machine or just running it from the machine. Decisions decisions.