Newbie from Moody tx
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Newbie from Moody tx

So guys I have this lincoln Sae 300 1976 f227 code 6890 serial #A671748 ! Here about 2 months back I was welding with it after dark had the doors up and the wife said it was throwing sparks everywhere so I looked it over found it had bare wires from being dry rot and cracked and flaking apart! decided to replace the wires one at a time being ever so careful to not break or damage any other coils or parts and making sure I got all the wires replaced and put back where they came off from. Then I figured while I was renewing the 5 wires from the generator barrel to the panel I would go ahead and repaint the machine. Well its all back together and running but I can not get it to arc and weld! I have power to run the grinder from the 115 volt outlet and sparks from the welding leads when trying to arc to weld! I have done the muiltimeter hop checking ohms cleaning all connections ensuring i have good connections for the leads and scotch brighting the armature and checking the brushes and holders. During the repainting process
    I cleaned up and repaired the frame and there was a bolt welded the the generator mount where the battery negative wire was connected it broke off during tear down to ready for paint figured instead of putting it back there I would attach it to the frame instead would this be the culprit of not getting and arc?

Re: Newbie from Moody tx

Welcome Dee, you will likely have better luck on thee Lincoln forum, there are several here that know those machines like the back of their hand. Best of luck!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE 100% DUTY CYCLE
    DAD SAYS, "IF YA AIN'T GONNA USE YOUR HEAD, YOU BOUT AS WELL HAVE TWO A$$HOLES."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Re: Newbie from Moody tx

Thanks