1984 miller big 40 diesel blowing oil
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

1984 miller big 40 diesel blowing oil

Got 1984 miller big 40 diesel that runs and start great ,,, but blow oil out seal and pressure out dip stick,,, clean valve cover vent but doesn"t seem all pressure in oil pan area is not making it coming to valve cover breathing tube? Any advice ? Thanks

Re: 1984 miller big 40 diesel blowing oil

What motor Charlie?
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"

Pipeliner thinking TJD 27 4 cylinder diesel?same engine that i had on couple big 50, machine at my buddy welding repair place,,,he called local diesel shop the guy there told him thinking block oil passage to oil pan to valve cover? got healthy oil pressure 50 at idle thinking closed 80 high ? don"t quote me on that thinking those were ###,,, he tell me that oil drain back down after shutting off the engine to dip stick 30 second after,,,

Pipeliner,, it,, tmd 27,,, not tjd

That kind of crankcase pressure typically indicates bad rings or burnt piston.

Slim possibility of restricted exhaust and bad exhaust valve guides.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Also slight possibility of a blown head gasket pushing compression into oil return passage.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Pipeliner,, it,, tmd 27,,, not tjd

Okay Duane thanks for pointer hope to be something simple? its run and start great,,,, really made trade for this machine got three non running sa 200 and sa 250 gas 5 month ago, just feeling let guy down with oil leaking just little stump why not coming out crankcase breather tube ? off friday so planning go to shop check how bad it leaking try make it right for him

Pipeliner and duane got my manual on this engine said supposed be 40 to 60 psi little higher on start up thinking told me 80 on start up? So thinking possibly stuck relief valve?,,see find it clean see what happen

It appears I may be mistaken as I took your description to mean you had excessive crankcase pressure resulting in oil being pushed from the dipstick.

That being said, excessive oil pressure is sighted as one cause for high oil consumption.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Yea duane not sure of anything,, just trying find easy solution or easy way out!!! Like said have"nt put my eyes on the machine in 5 month,, so planning relay info to my repair buddy just going by his info over the phone ,he more electronic dude instead engine dude,, so going recheck pcv valve and hose manual said need to be air tight,,,, guess he took pcv cap off told me was not venting pressure off compared to taken oil fill cap with splashing and pressure he was thinking block oil passage to pan to valve cover ? So look like oil pump release valve is in pump so got drop pan to get to it !!! Not like sa 200 on side block!!!!planning see the machine friday

Yea duane not sure of anything,, just trying find easy solution or easy way out!!! Like said have"nt put my eyes on the machine in 5 month,, so planning relay info to my repair buddy just going by his info over the phone ,he more electronic dude instead engine dude,, so going recheck pcv valve and hose manual said need to be air tight,,,, guess he took pcv cap off told me was not venting pressure off compared to taken oil fill cap with splashing and pressure he was thinking block oil passage to pan to valve cover ? So look like oil pump release valve is in pump so got drop pan to get to it !!! Not like sa 200 on side block!!!!planning see the machine friday