WTB Miller Syncrowave 210 .....
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

WTB Miller Syncrowave 210 .....

Looking for a second tig for my shop, figured I'd toss a thread up before I just buy new. I'm in NH so I'd figure shipping would suck and be around $150 or so for a 210.

Ultimately looking for a 210, toyed with the idea of a syncrowave 200 but not sure I want a transformer.

Let me know.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Re: WTB Miller Syncrowave 210 .....

For the cost of a 210, I would rather buy an HTP Invertig 221. Either that or you should consider stepping up to a dynasty
    Last edited by Louie1961; 05-15-2018 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    For the cost of a 210, I would rather buy an HTP Invertig 221. Either that or you should consider stepping up to a dynasty
    Thought of that, but kinda wanting a syncrowave either 200 or 210.
    Just missed a good deal on a 200.

yeah, here's the thing however: With the Syncrowave 210, any extra features you want cost money for the software upgrade. Syncrowave 200's always seem overpriced to me compared to say a nice used Sycrowave 250 or 250dx. As far as features, neither a 200 or 210 is up to the level of the HTP Invertig 221. The HTP unit is $344 less than a new Syncrowave 210, and has a much better duty cycle than the Syncrowave (100% at 145 amps for the HTP vs 100% at 95 amps for the Syncrowave).
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

i dont know who told you that it cost money to upgrade a miller tig machine??? go to their website, its 100% free... i have a buddy that has a syc 210 and upgraded it no problem.... maybe back in the day they charged for it but not in 2018.... all you need to do is download the update and put it on an sd card and stick it in ur machine. done.

2017 Everlast Powertig 210ext
    Miller Multimatic 215
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP

I spoke with miller recently. The machines now come preloaded.
    As for the duty cycle, for what I do building piping and automotive fabrication it won't matter. I'm never going to be running 200 amps for 4 min or even 2 min straight. So, in my personal application duty cycle is a moot point. I'll be doing the same thing that my square wave 200 does with ease. The syncrowave 210 is attractive to me cause I can dump my snap-on mig. I have a limited space at my home shop. Although very much equipped with lift, band saws vertical and horizontal, and all the other tools in the world for automotive, its getting packed. I may buy a HTP for my shop to replace older welders.
    But to be honest, I sorta don't want all the features.

If I was smart, I would just be happy with this square wave. But a buddy wants a tig and I'd rather sell him mine then watch him buy some POS cause he is on a limited budget. Win win, he gets a decent tig, I can justify a new toy cause I'm helping a friend out.