ARCPRO Pipe welding school in mobile,al?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

ARCPRO Pipe welding school in mobile,al?

I'm really looking at going to a good school to learn pipe welding because the money seems to be pretty decent and seems companies and shutdowns are always in high demand for pipe welders. I found ACRPRO pipe welding school and its only a few hours away. If anyone has went there could I get some insight on your experience?

Re: ARCPRO Pipe welding school in mobile,al?

I think with any school, you're going to be at the mercy of the individual instructors to determine the quality of your training. Outside of that, it's basically time under the hood and available material that is going to get you trained up, and any legitimate school should be able to provide that.

I went to 2-years of welding school, in Hayward California. We never even looked at pipe. Later working with UA pipe welders, several of them told me their union had an agreement with the welding schools not to teach pipe welding in northern California.
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

Carl

Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400

I feel your pain. All the schools around my area either don't have classes at night or if they do I have to pay the full price for the class and have to start from scratch. It seems like things don't setup for me to succeed. Lol. This is why I'm looking for a school that specializes in pipe welding. I know that I will have to go threw the basics first before money is wasted on pipe to practice on but I will meet and exceed my goals.

I went to a testing laboratory/services welding school in 1978, maybe you have testing lab with a welding school in your area. I got on work permit with the Boilermakers after I passed a pipe test on a union powerhouse job towards the end of welding school. I think it's named changed sometime ago, it was a fine school. http://www.calumettesting.com/about-cts/

I go to night classes at the local community college and you have to take one semester of welding plates before they'll let you do pipe... That may be something to look into and it's a little cheaper