Oil/ cutting fluid dispenser
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Question Oil/ cutting fluid dispenser

Hey guys,

Looking for a mess free container to store, and dispense cutting fluid/tapping oil from.

Nearly all of the pump oilers Ive seen on amazon have had complaints of leaking, and some have complained about the plastic ones being ruined due to chemical degradation.

Can someone post up a link to a decent bottle/dispenser? I’d love to have a metal flex-neck pump style can, but a chemical safe bent tip squeeze bottle would be fine too.
    -Mark Smith

Vulcan ProTig200
    Century FC90

Re: Oil/ cutting fluid dispenser

I bought several of these. I like to take the draw tube out of them and then invert them when you wanna dispense the contents.

I keep acetone, water soluable coolant, and tapping oil in them. Never had any issues with them. I like them much better than a spray bottle, and the price is right too!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/250-500ml-C..._Ki51xdLrnVPSA
    -Doogie

Miller 350P
    Miller Trailblazer 325 EFI w/ Excel Power
    Lincoln LN25 suitcase welder
    XMT 304/22a feeder
    Miller Syncrowave 350LX
    Miller Econotig
    Hobart Handler 140
    (2) Uni-Hydro 42-14
    Hypertherm 65 plasma
    WEBB Gap bed lathe

Quote Originally Posted by Mmock4 View Post
    Hey guys,

Looking for a mess free container to store, and dispense cutting fluid/tapping oil from.

Nearly all of the pump oilers Ive seen on amazon have had complaints of leaking, and some have complained about the plastic ones being ruined due to chemical degradation.

Can someone post up a link to a decent bottle/dispenser? I’d love to have a metal flex-neck pump style can, but a chemical safe bent tip squeeze bottle would be fine too.
    I found a pot of cutting oil with a 1/2" bruch works best
    The pot was made from 2 1/2"x1 1/2" I'd pipe with 3/8' X 3" square plate welded

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    HF 170 welder
    HF 4x6 band saw
    South Bend 9N
    Mill
    B&D mag drill
    Victor torch

I use empty mustard bottles, they work fine for me, the smaller size I put by the drill press. The snout puts the oil where I want it and if I should hit a drill it's plastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I use this guy for tapping fluid. I have one sitting on the mill and another on the lathe. I removed the tiny cap for convenience
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#5525t4/=1d7bxkh

I use this for MEK but when the temperature went up in the garage, it leaked so I drilled a tiny hole in the top to the bleed the pressure. I just have to put my forefinger over the hole and squeeze, it's quite easy.
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#4527t6/=1d7bycw

I'm perfectly happy with both and would replace them with the exact same thing if I had to - therefore I recommend both! I'm a hobbyist/small business so lets say these are in my hand, 5 times a week.
    IG@brandonisneat

The old “spring bottom” oil can or a flux brush in a
    Spillmaster container .
    Pumps and lab type squeeze bottles always drip.
    Those lab bottles seem to dump oil if temp goes up or
    barimetric pressure goes down.
    Miller a/c-d/c Thunderbolt XL
    Millermatic 180
    Purox O/A
    Smith Littletorch O/A
    Hobart Champion Elite

The temperature in my garage does indeed get very hot. Don’t wont any seepage due to that.

I like the idea of the mustard bottle, got a nice little spout for when you only need a drop or two, and the lid should work fairly well. If only I ate yellow mustard..

Who knew finding such a simple container could be so complicated.
    -Mark Smith

Vulcan ProTig200
    Century FC90

We used to set up an IV drip for some of our jobs, they worked great, you could go from a drip to a moderate stream with the fluids we used. It wouldn't work well for more viscous fluids.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

I basically use a standard flip top thread cutting oil bottle and refill it all the cans I purchased always leaked like sieves even if I spent real money . the only oiler I use is my pressure oiler for ball oilers.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.