oxy/acetylene hose questions
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

oxy/acetylene hose questions

I am setting up a pattern burner with 3 hoses. One is for fuel gas, one for preheat oxygen, and the third for cutting oxygen.

Extended and repeated online searches don't show any sign of tri-hose in the same way they sell twin hose, that is with the hoses physically attached to each other. Just on the off chance, do you know if any such triple hose exists? I know I can make up a bundle of hoses and will do that if necessary.

Second question. I have seen very flexible braided welding hoses. For example, look at this:

Do you know where such hose is sold?

Thanks! metalmagpie

Re: oxy/acetylene hose questions

Bundle it, sleeve with siliconed fiberglass sleeving. Burn Oxygen hose should probably be 3/8.

The application is too small and scattered for a hose manufacturer to make triple hose.

Re: oxy/acetylene hose questions

I use a 3 hose torch on my table also, I just use a standard 1/4 inch two hose 50' and a 5/16 inch single green 50' for my torch. I have never had flow problems when cutting but the thickest I cut is 2 inch plate. The regulators get cold though with that much going through them. Mine run in a cat track with other waterlines, control cables and a air line.