Soil/Sand/Compost screen - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Soil/Sand/Compost screen

Not sure how to post a video, but it works. About as well as I expected. With dry material it does a reasonable job and some agitation from the bucket helps keep things clear. No doubt a motor would help significantly. I’ll probably try to mess with that at some point.

Now it seems I can’t even do pictures. I’ll try again later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it works great with the little loader feeding it yes, dry material is a big plus!!!

Working great!! If you want you can rescreen the oversize and get a little more product out of it. The hardest part about feeding a grizzly with a bucket is making it dump slow and steady. Try 1/2 buckets.
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

I’ll give the 1/2 bucket thing a try. At first I was dumping fast and while the screen didn’t load up I was getting quite a bit of good material off the back. I tried lowering the angle and it took a lot more jostling to clear so I went back to the original angle and slowed down. I think that’s probably the best way to go, although dumping quickly and screening twice might be just as efficient. I think the angle is about 35 or 40 degrees - I was shooting for a 3, 4, 5 triangle based on some hand shoveling tests with the screen.

Now to start thinking about a vibrator...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen pneumatic vibrators for a similar setup used for feeders. I dont remember much about them tho.

I think the name for your formed angle is L angle. Thats what I think its called anyways.
    _____Gauntlets_____

____Genesis 4:22___

An old washer or drier motor with a pulley attached and some 3/8" bolts bolted to the pulley will work. Start out with only one bolt and check the motor amps and work up to just short of full load amps. Even the commercial vibrators with adjustable stroke can be overloaded with too much stroke. You'd need a sheetmetal cover over the motor in order to mount it under the deck. If you could mount springs under the lower end then the entire deck will get an even stroke otherwise the lower end will be dead. Maybe lengthen the hinge straps a little too.
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw