Anyone do business with these people?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Anyone do business with these people?

I keep seeing this and some others on my F/B page and wonder if anyone has done business or knows anything about them. Their deals just seem way too good to be true.
    ashopfans.com

Re: Anyone do business with these people?

I don't see a Paypal option so I'm opting out

Good point I didn't notice that.

Thanks mickg, that's pretty much what I thought. Going to bookmark that website you sent me to also. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    I don't see a Paypal option so I'm opting out
    One thing you won't see on my website.....Friggin Paypal…...

I don't care how handy they are, I'll never use them again.....never.
    Heavy handed bunch of deaf, ignorant A'holes.
    Samson 510 CNC plasma table
    Hypertherm 85

Plus a shed full of cheap arsed crap.

"You don't stop laughing when you get old....You get old when you stop laughing".

Quote Originally Posted by Mick120 View Post
    One thing you won't see on my website.....Friggin Paypal…...

I don't care how handy they are, I'll never use them again.....never.
    Heavy handed bunch of deaf, ignorant A'holes.
    Sorry to hear that Mick. They have been good to me over the last 20+ years.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Repair
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Mick. They have been good to me over the last 20+ years.
    Yeah mate, they were also good for my business for over 8 years.
    The problem arose after one scumbag customer complained a day inside the 6 month time period.

His story changed four times during the 'discussions' I had with PP.
    PP didn't listen to a word I had to say, including photo's of the returned, well used product.

Even though I resold the returned 'perfectly useable' items at a discount (to very happy customers) PP have continued to refuse to listen to any reason, instead, making continuing demands I make full restitution, something I've refused to do.
    I'm a reasonable man, I've made an offer based on the amount I received on the resale however, they've turned a blind eye.

This has gone on over a period of almost five months.....I'm now awaiting my time in court and, quite frankly, looking forward to the opportunity, should it ever eventuate.....There's a principle at stake.
    Last edited by Mick120; 07-09-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    Hypertherm 85

"You don't stop laughing when you get old....You get old when you stop laughing".

That site is boleshiit. I checked my own sites and I'm hi risk and from the Russhin Ferderation. I can't even spell Russhin !

No phone number

No physical address

No clue even as to what country it's in.

No way

What a croc of sh*t......

This privacy policy describes how we collect, use and protect the customer information we have obtained. Unless the law requires or stipulates the otherwise, we will adopt reasonable measures to protect your privacy. The customer information is obtained from this website, its subwebsites or friendly links in order to help us to conduct our business better. We promise that the information will never be disclosed to others. We will also provide our customers with sufficient safety measures to protect the personal informaton of our customers. Generally speaking, the customers may visit our website on their own without telling us any individaul information. However, sometimes we may need some information, such as name and address. Before we collect the personal information of the customers, we will let the customers understand our objectives.
    If you agree to tell us your personal information, we may need to contact you, process your orders or provide the subscription service for you through the contact information you have provided to us. If you are not willing to provide the relevant information, we will also respct your wish.

Think I need to get out more.
    Hypertherm 85

It looks waaaaaay too similar to a website I came across when looking for a pair of ice climbing boots. The prices were way too low, too many items with totally different specs for the very same price, no phone, no email, no nothing... Beware! I don't recall if I even reported it...

My suggestion is to stay away from that website.

Mikel

Mick are you under legal contract with paypal when you use it for customers and thus would going to court work in your favor?
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

they do not give enough info to make sure they are legit. The prices are way too low to be real. You have to make an account in order to buy. I would say to stay away from them. It can't be legit.

Price too good to be true often is so I did a little digging.

The domain is registered using a Chinese registrar. The registrant is private so no telling who or where they are but I'd guess China. The domain was Create Date: 2018-06-23 so no telling how fly by night they may be. The domain lacks an MX (mail exchange) record so good luck emailing them when you don't get your stuff.

The kicker for me is the HUGE number of currencies accepted. I'm surprised they don't also accept bitcoin.

All the reviews I saw appear to be from prior to the domain creation date. Pure fiction.

Looking at the SSL cert is even more worrisome. The site is hosted by cloudflare and is using a Subject Alternative Name (SAN) cert that has a large number of sites secured using the same cert. I'd be highly suspect purchasing from any of them.
    Common name: sni40962.cloudflaressl.com
    SANs: sni40962.cloudflaressl.com, *.agelie.com, *.ashopfans.com, *.claim-guide.co.uk, *.encontrosevangelicos.com, *.femmol.com, *.gearckcolourl.tk, *.gearfktherer.tk, *.gearfxrainyt.tk, *.gearfycolda.tk, *.geargblookc.tk, *.gearhzgivet.tk, *.gearicbecausen.tk, *.gearnlmostq.tk, *.gearnyautumnr.tk, *.goderichminorhockey.ca, *.goderichringette.ca, *.hmha.ca, *.howickminorsoccer.ca, *.ildertonjets.com, *.kincardinesoccer.com, *.lakershockey.ca, *.lambethminorhockey.com, *.lambtonjrsting.ca, *.listowelminorbaseball.ca, *.listowelminorhockey.ca, *.listowelminorsoccer.ca, *.lucknowminorhockey.ca, *.maitlandicesharks.ca, *.mecond.com, *.mintominorhockey.ca, *.mitchellhawks.com, *.mitchellminorbaseball.com, *.motodftheses.shop, *.motodqonlyv.shop, *.motoefcomev.shop, *.motoeibecausec.shop, *.motohmthane.shop, *.motohyfallv.shop, *.motoigcouldd.shop, *.motoikcoldm.shop, *.motomkworks.shop, *.motomlautumnz.shop, *.motonfgranda.shop, *.motonithano.shop, *.motonyintoa.shop, *.motopllookf.shop, *.newtheshop.com, *.outdoorcomewbn.tk, agelie.com, ashopfans.com, claim-guide.co.uk, encontrosevangelicos.com, femmol.com, gearckcolourl.tk, gearfktherer.tk, gearfxrainyt.tk, gearfycolda.tk, geargblookc.tk, gearhzgivet.tk, gearicbecausen.tk, gearnlmostq.tk, gearnyautumnr.tk, goderichminorhockey.ca, goderichringette.ca, hmha.ca, howickminorsoccer.ca, ildertonjets.com, kincardinesoccer.com, lakershockey.ca, lambethminorhockey.com, lambtonjrsting.ca, listowelminorbaseball.ca, listowelminorhockey.ca, listowelminorsoccer.ca, lucknowminorhockey.ca, maitlandicesharks.ca, mecond.com, mintominorhockey.ca, mitchellhawks.com, mitchellminorbaseball.com, motodftheses.shop, motodqonlyv.shop, motoefcomev.shop, motoeibecausec.shop, motohmthane.shop, motohyfallv.shop, motoigcouldd.shop, motoikcoldm.shop, motomkworks.shop, motomlautumnz.shop, motonfgranda.shop, motonithano.shop, motonyintoa.shop, motopllookf.shop, newtheshop.com, outdoorcomewbn.tk
    Valid from July 9, 2018 to January 16, 2019
    Serial Number: 0c47ac6a6a0d945ad997be17f74b79ce
    Signature Algorithm: ecdsa-with-SHA256

Also the trust seals at the bottom are just images. A legit site takes you to a validation page. FAKE.
    Last edited by forhire; 07-10-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Mick are you under legal contract with paypal when you use it for customers and thus would going to court work in your favor?
    Contract or no contract, the claim against me went in four different directions.

1) Item not as described.
    2) Did not receive all items.
    3) Could not align machine torch.
    4) Items damaged.

All claims made over a period of over four months, which I have in writing, all of which I proved beyond any doubt were incorrect plus, all of which was completely ignored.

What bunches my shorts is, the purchaser used the items for almost six months, caused more damage in that time than my own has received in over eight years of use then, had the temerity to make continuing spurious claims, all of which were lies.
    I refuse to lay down and play dead....just not something I'm prepared to do.

The amount is sweet FA however, I'm also a man of principle so, standing my ground.

PP are now using a collection agency that continue to bombard me with threatening txt and emails.
    I've tried logging on to their web site (as they suggested) using their own reference number but, it refuses to accept anything. (digitally recorded)
    I've returned calls, only to end up talking with someone in Mumbai or Manilla that, only speak broken English, reading off a script.
    It's got to the point where I refuse to reply to anything.
    Bring it on I say.

PP can get well and truly rooted.
    Last edited by Mick120; 07-10-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Hypertherm 85

Yeah sounds like you have a good reason to sue paypal. If you can prove you are the one being wronged on all aspects then you might be able to find an ambulance chaser type attourney that wants to get rich and famouse taking on Paypal. Hard to believe paypal is coming after you with collection calls that's pretty bad.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 07-10-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Yeah sounds like you have a good reason to sue paypal. If you can prove you are the one being wronged on all aspects then you might be able to find an ambulance chaser type attourney that wants to get rich and famouse taking on Paypal. Hard to believe paypal is coming after you with collection calls that's pretty bad.
    I neglected to say, regardless of what I had to say, PP found by way of the purchaser and, refunded him the money.
    I've told them, all I'm prepared to pay is what I received for selling the used items which, I thought was more than fair.

They want to continue playing hard ball.....I've told them to please go ahead, I'll see them in court.
    Hypertherm 85

PayPal is a great tool, but their refund policy is so GOOD that it allows those with not so legit intentions to take advantage of it. Get items, use them, return... Just state that they have not received all the items (hard to prove against that), etc. More or less just like Amazon's policies... I know quite a few people who buy several models from several brands of one particular item just to try them all, compare them by themselves and return the ones they don't like. Or buy one item, use it for the intended purpose once, and return it. Usually quality expensive items (tools or appliances) just because they don't foresee using them in the future.

All this is great for the customer, not so much for the bussiness end.

I know about that very well because I am also a member of Bladeforums and try to buy of the Exchange there. Most of the sellers don't want to ship international (to Spain) and those who do, only accept PayPal Friends and Family for two reasons, but the main one being that you cannot ask for a refund (since you are not paying for goods or services).

For a bussiness this is not possible, so I fully understand your pain Mick. I hope finally it works on your favour.

Mikel