Sold my G-213 this morning:
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Sold my G-213 this morning:

Bittersweet is the way I will say this but I sold my G-213 welder this morning to a gent with a like welder w/blown engine. Mine had not reliably made AC voltage at the convenience outlets so it was replaced with the G-258 which was replaced with a GB-318. I still have these machines but they have been replaced by a 350A Perkins powered Hobart diesel machine with CC/CV capability along with greater air arc capability. Still getting used to the "Green Monster" which is a very clean former military unit out of fresh rebuild that was done right.

It even has straight tinwork:

Name:  DCC.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  122.5 KB
    Name:  DCC2.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  110.9 KB
    Name:  DCC5.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  104.8 KB
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

Re: Sold my G-213 this morning:

That’s a great looking welder Rob. I found a 1942 300 amp Hobart this week. Possible project, not really the Hobart I was wanting but the guy was realistic about the price $200 off the bat. I’m thinking about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Miller Dialarc 250 (1990)
    Miller Maxstar 140 STR (2003)
    Lincoln SA200 Redface Pipeliner (1966)
    Lincoln MP210 (2015)
    Victor and MECO torches

Re: Sold my G-213 this morning:

Thanks Sparky. It's a very nice machine running very smooth and clean in the arc through both stick, and using the Hefty feeder. Still a lot to learn and Hobart doesn't have anything pertaining to military built units. Miller doesn't seem to either but I know a guy in the Army depot and he is going to print me off a complete set of Army issue books covering this particular machine. That is the only thing that was put into print as neither Hobart, nor Miller supported them once into DOD.

Don't know if I want to say it's as smooth as my commutator based machines but it's close. Definitely nice to have CV in a mobile platform now for mig work.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....