Interesting....

Found this this morning...

https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/wrist-welding-pillow

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Look around the site...

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Re: Interesting....

that welding pillow makes me sleepy just looking at it. at work we've been using something similar to insulate steam/hot water lines. the theory is the steamfitters/plumbers can remove the insulators and replace it after work is done rather than ripping off the fiberglass and throwing it out.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Welding pillows, auto darkening hoods, pulse, spinning stuff in a positioner.....pretty soon this welding thing is gonna be so easy that every girl scout troop in the country will be opening a welding business and putting the rest of us out of work.

I wonder if they have a welding maxi-pad? Haha.

I could see it if you have a bunch of parts you are going to do on a rotating fixture, but I usually just get a piece of metal the right height and rest on that.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

You could tape your glove to the rod holder, stick the rod to the work, and then shut off the welder, fluff up your pillow after a hard night out and never get caught Haha.

Name:  sleeppillow.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  24.9 KB

I have a higher ethic myself. I just take a nap when it gets real hot. This was a day a couple of years ago, I was working on top of switch gear, it was the hottest day in the past fifteen years or something. I believe the ceiling was 118 degrees. They keep the doors open to cool down the rooms because the fans do not always work. So after a few hours I took a nap. No reason to climb on high voltage switch gear in a sweat.

Name:  menresting.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  104.4 KB

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    Last edited by William McCormick; 07-16-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

That welding pillow looks like a good way to burn the back of your head or neck. I balance on the headband adjustment knob to give a little space for sparks.
    My name's not Jim....

A pillow and working in the heat aren't usually a good combo in my experience...