Welding Writer Position for Weldingchamps.com
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Welding Writer Position for Weldingchamps.com

Hi there,

My name's Adam and I operate Weldingchamps.com - We're currently looking to grow the website a lot, and provide even more great content to our readers.

Therefore, we're looking for a writer with welding experience to write blog posts, reviews of models, and comparisons of different equipment.

If this sounds interesting to you, please email me at adam@healthyhandyman.com

This is a long-term position with consistent work. It's remote work, so you can work at home in your pajamas.

Requirements:
    - Must be from US
    - Must have firsthand welding experience
    - Computer with internet access, Microsoft Word or Google Docs, Skype, and a PayPal
    - Proper grammar and spelling is mandatory
    - Must be punctual; you must reply on Skype within 24 hours
    - Must always hit deadlines

Note:I'm sorry if this is the wrong section of the forums. I'm new here.
    Last edited by Adam Weldingchamps; 08-06-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Re: Welding Writer Position for Weldingchamps.com

Your welding website has numerous errors, some laughably wrong.

If you find someone, their first job should be to clean up your welding "information."

It currently reads like a high school research paper with randomly sourced facts.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Sounds like a decent gig. It's too bad my Engrish is not up to snuf.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post

If you find someone, their first job should be to clean up your welding "information."

It currently reads like a high school research paper with randomly sourced facts.
    I must be doing something wrong with my tungsten as it is not 18 inches in diameter.

All kidding aside. Is this a full time gig and who is in charge of the liability side of it cause if someone reads this and damages themselves, well you know the deal.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    I must be doing something wrong with my tungsten as it is not 18 inches in diameter.
    I built a special shelf just to store those collet bodies
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

It's all just amazon marketing affiliate links

How will the writer review the welders, will you be providing them?

How many articles per day, per week whatever?

How are you paying ?

How much are you paying ?

Seems like I recall a real genuine Inturdnet publishing company letting their errant idiot children go down this toad before.

How much genuine US currency you got to spend boy?

Quote Originally Posted by 12345678910 View Post

How are you paying ?

All very good questions. I used to be the managing editor of Welding Design & Fabrication, and Gases & Welding Distributor. I had the same questions. This seems more than freelance. Why would you need to respond on Skype? Notice he hasn't responded to any of these posts.
    Gina M. Tabasso
    HGR Industrial Surplus
    gtabasso@hgrinc.com
    www.hgrinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    All very good questions. I used to be the managing editor of Welding Design & Fabrication, and Gases & Welding Distributor. I had the same questions. This seems more than freelance. Why would you need to respond on Skype? Notice he hasn't responded to any of these posts.
    Did you leave in the Bankruptcy Gina or one of the subsequent purges?

Easy guys. His granny loves him

Sounds like some one is frying to get ww peeps to write some home wirk essay assignments with promise of payment via paypal. LOL...

Honestly welding champs sounds destined to struggle with a name like that.
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

Maybe he just misspelled CHUMPS.

Welders is dumb ya know. Weldors is dummer cuz they know what an adjectival noun is.

Exactly, that was filler content published years ago to get the site started and get indexed in Google. - That's why we're currently hiring people with first-hand experience with welding so that we can transition it into a really good source of information.

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Sounds like a decent gig. It's too bad my Engrish is not up to snuf.
    Hey N2, feel free to give it a shot, it may work out.
    Last edited by Adam Weldingchamps; 08-09-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 12345678910 View Post

How are you paying ?

True, there are a lot of Amazon affiliate links. - The site hasn't had much new content in years. The whole reason behind hiring a good welder with firsthand experience is to write something that provides real value to the readers. As mentioned we're truly looking to revamp the site, which is why wer'e hiring.

- Up to 20k words of quality content writing per week (can do down to 5k per week if that fits better)
    - Paying via PayPal. Pay within 3 days of article delivery.
    - Payment rate is to be discussed over Skype. It's impossible to say, because it depends on a lot of factors (your writing, expertise etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    What do you mean in regards to "more than freelance"? As mentioned in the article we're looking for a freelance writer? That's simply all.
    The reason for Skype is because that's our main point of contact with all our current writers for other sites. It just works for us. But I can continue the conversation with mail for you, if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Weldingchamps View Post
    Exactly, that was filler content published years ago to get the site started and get indexed in Google. - That's why we're currently hiring people with first-hand experience with welding so that we can transition it into a really good source of information.
    Now that you have returned, why are you wanting to create this resource?

Is it as a way to sell product?
    Dave J.

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Now that you have returned, why are you wanting to create this resource?

Is it as a way to sell product?
    Third times a charm Name:  lachen.gif
Views: 124
Size:  8.9 KB
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

Update: 10th of August 2018. Still taking applications. Feel free to give it a shot!

Update: 10th of August 2018. Still taking applications. Feel free to give it a shot!
    Just looked at the site, huh? First article I read was a review of the AHP AlphaTig 200. First half of the review was about a Plasma cutter, with a foot pedal, second half was actually about the Tig machine. I have the Alphatig 200, obviously the review is outdated, the specs aren't correct for the model. The site did a review on the Superultra, I have the Powerultra, which is very similar, dont agree with all the information. Just read a little more into the site, sure does seem more like a sales site than a welding site. Just dunno. Guess see if it pans out to something worth while?

I don't see why anyone is surprised that a web site that identifies itself as a "welding magazine" would be a sales/advertising platform. Any magazine is pretty much about creating a revenue stream. It costs money to setup and populate the site with attractive articles to draw in potential customers either for the site operator directly or for the featured advertisers. There is very little content on the web that is not offering a way for you to contribute to their revenue stream.
    The challenge for Adam is to generate content that draws in clients and get it out where likely customers will see it..
    ---Meltedmetal

Of course they are trying to sell things and make money, nothing wrong with that. But I do appreciate when someone wants to make money by providing a compelling service, compelling information, a compelling product, compelling entertainment, etc.

It seems that HealthyHandyman and WeldingChamps want to pick the best "selling" products on Amazon, stick together a "review" which is little more than a flowery stating of a few specs from the Amazon page, and a general summary of the concensus of the positive Amazon reviews. They throw in a few "cons" to make the review sound official, but the "reviews" don't seem to offer any value above what you'd get by just checking the Amazon page. On the HealthyHandyman site the main page claims it is written and reviewed by experts. With the factual and logical errors that are obvious in many of the reviews, this seems suspect.

They seem to be looking for someone with welding experience for the welding centered site, and I genuinely hope they intend to provide truly useful info. But I suspect that they mostly hope to channel people searching on Google for the most commonly purchased items on Amazon through their site to make a commission off the sales. Again, fine, gotta make money. But getting that traffic with reviews that are little more than poorly written, error-filled marketing fluff based on spec sheets and other people's reviews seems un-inspiring.

There have been some jabs on here about the WeldingChamps site, and the OP seems to want to clean the site up. But on the HealthyHandyman site, the five best drills article smacks of the same type of cringe. One of the drills has a positive (and the big benefit that helped it make the list) stated as fast charging. But it only includes one battery and a four hour charger (which is worse compared to most drills having a one hour or so charger and including two batteries). I would think battery charging downtime would be one of the biggest cons of that drill. There article also states that a drill's power is purely determined by voltage. On one drill the writer gets giddy about the amazing feature this drill has, which is two speed settings (which is a feature most of the others also had, but it wasn't mentioned). One of the "Best Drills of 2018" was discontinued and no longer available. One recommended drill is an older model, and the newer version is the same drill, but includes better batteries and costs less. Sure, the older one is still technically available, but you would hope a site that was helping steer people towards the "best" would point out the far better buy. One of the recommended drills had a dead link, and one linked to a totally different drill. This was stuff found from a quick skimming of the article. I would likely find more if I checked closer.

I think they need an experienced writer for that site too. No offense. If they are doing their best and working to improve, great. I wish them all the best. But if HealthyHandyman is the bar which WeldingChamps aspires to reach, then it's not likely to become a one-stop-shop for all the best welding info.
    Last edited by BigTB; 08-17-2018 at 10:58 PM.

8 Steps to Weld Cast Iron Like a Pro . Hmmm I can do that weld in 3 steps.

"If you see tiny cracks or rips in the iron after welding, don’t panic. That’s a typical sight. It’s almost impossible to avoid when you’re welding cast iron. Don’t worry, you can always fill those small cracks using a watertight sealing compound.'' Ahhhhh, I must have been doing something wrong all these years. I'll have to practice on getting those cracks or rips.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    8 Steps to Weld Cast Iron Like a Pro . Hmmm I can do that weld in 3 steps.

"If you see tiny cracks or rips in the iron after welding, don’t panic. That’s a typical sight. It’s almost impossible to avoid when you’re welding cast iron. Don’t worry, you can always fill those small cracks using a watertight sealing compound.'' Ahhhhh, I must have been doing something wrong all these years. I'll have to practice on getting those cracks or rips.
    Yeah, I understand that the content was "filler" and it was written a long time ago, or whatever. But the current info is worse than nothing. It is missleading and confusing at best, and much of it is factually incorrect.

In the spirit of providing "even more great content to our readers" I think they should take down all the articles and reviews and put up a sitewide notice along the lines of "Website is undergoing a complete renovation and re-write. We'll be back soon, better than ever with accurate information written by experienced welders."

He may be interested
    Contact his agent