welding saves manhood.... ;)
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bemidji MN
    Posts
    13,276

    welding saves manhood.... ;)

    Cliff Clavin~ "It's a little known fact that eh..welding can save your manhood."

    Name:  20180806_193439.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  97.9 KB

    Name:  20180807_112417.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  102.4 KB

    Name:  20180806_205339.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  84.9 KB

    Name:  20180806_211651.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  89.1 KB

    Name:  20180806_211745.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  82.1 KB
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bemidji MN
    Posts
    13,276

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    I reused the plastic insert and ends.

    Name:  20180807_105229.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  127.0 KB
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,642

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    is that weight bench being re purposed? that upper piece was where the leg extension piece went...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bemidji MN
    Posts
    13,276

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    is that weight bench being re purposed? that upper piece was where the leg extension piece went...
    Yes it is. It's being used on my bench press safety cage.

    The leg extension is so poorly designed that all it does is hurt my knees.

    I prefer dead lifts for leg exercise anyway
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,095

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    You are indeed right about that leg lift thingy. I have your machine's older brother. The pivot is in the wrong place. It should be where the knee actually bends.

    I go to a gym that has a few machines that aren't designed properly. You know the minute you use it. You feel yourself fighting the machine, and your own body. That ergonomics thing is really important with weight machines.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bemidji MN
    Posts
    13,276

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    You are indeed right about that leg lift thingy. I have your machine's older brother. The pivot is in the wrong place. It should be where the knee actually bends.

    I go to a gym that has a few machines that aren't designed properly. You know the minute you use it. You feel yourself fighting the machine, and your own body. That ergonomics thing is really important with weight machines.
    I agree. Weight machines made wrong don't make sense.
    It's not like the human body is some mystery that can't be measured.

    I generally opt for free weights so my body all works together. Long term physical therapy basically.
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Not there
    Posts
    2,324

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    Thanks for the white lines. I do that too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona
    Posts
    3,339

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    I think going to a gym is so dumb. We, as humans, have spent our entire lives building machines and tools to make work easier. Now half the country sits at a desk programming the machines and pay to go work hard at a gym.

    Why not work hard at work and save your money and use your time to enjoy life instead?

    I say this with a tongue in cheek, but really, it has some truth to it. Think about it. Unless bodybuilding is your thing.
    Lincoln Power Mig 350MP - MIG and Push-Pull
    Lincoln Precision TIG 275,Undercart cooler,Foot/Finger Amptrollers
    Lincoln Hobby-Weld 110v
    Lincoln SP-200 MIG and Hi-Freq Tig
    CK TIG TORCH, gas diffuser, pyrex cup
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bemidji MN
    Posts
    13,276

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker11 View Post
    I think going to a gym is so dumb. We, as humans, have spent our entire lives building machines and tools to make work easier. Now half the country sits at a desk programming the machines and pay to go work hard at a gym.

    Why not work hard at work and save your money and use your time to enjoy life instead?

    I say this with a tongue in cheek, but really, it has some truth to it. Think about it. Unless bodybuilding is your thing.
    I'm no body builder for sure.

    I have long term pain management issues from injuries that moderate weight training helps with.

    Many people are in the same category so I think the judgement you're throwing is too wide.
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    PDX PNW
    Posts
    6,119

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    I do both, work hard at work and like to work out. From the pics you’ve posted of yourself joker I’m going to say u don’t work hard at work or ever work out. Ya that’s what’s u get bud for saying dumb rants all the time

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona
    Posts
    3,339

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    All the time? Ok. I was joking. I said “Tongue in Cheek” because I knew someone would think I was serious.
    Nope. I get paid for my knowledge and experience. I don’t like physical labor. I am perfectly comfortable on the sofa watching tv.
    I am not ashamed of being a fat lazy American with a good job making good money.


    Too bad I don’t get offended by keyboard jockeys.
    Lincoln Power Mig 350MP - MIG and Push-Pull
    Lincoln Precision TIG 275,Undercart cooler,Foot/Finger Amptrollers
    Lincoln Hobby-Weld 110v
    Lincoln SP-200 MIG and Hi-Freq Tig
    CK TIG TORCH, gas diffuser, pyrex cup
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    3,275

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker11 View Post
    All the time? Ok. I was joking. I said “Tongue in Cheek” because I knew someone would think I was serious.
    Nope. I get paid for my knowledge and experience. I don’t like physical labor. I am perfectly comfortable on the sofa watching tv.
    I am not ashamed of being a fat lazy American with a good job making good money.


    Too bad I don’t get offended by keyboard jockeys.
    you mean,
    You don't live at home with your dad?

    LOL


    not to worry joker, he is easily cornfused. it's a comprehension thing.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    PDX PNW
    Posts
    6,119

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    The 2 ranters john and joker

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,642

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    I'm no body builder for sure.

    I have long term pain management issues from injuries that moderate weight training helps with.

    Many people are in the same category so I think the judgement you're throwing is too wide.
    I agree working hard can build muscles, but proper workouts and physical therapy can help immensely with the management of chronic pain and help with being able to move around, stretching and yoga, yes yoga can be a life saver too..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona
    Posts
    3,339

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    I am a ranter? Ok. I guess. I can live with that. I have been called worse.

    Yay! Is there a badge or certificate I get? I am good at that.
    I will add it to the list of the many things that I have achieved successfully.

    Lincoln Power Mig 350MP - MIG and Push-Pull
    Lincoln Precision TIG 275,Undercart cooler,Foot/Finger Amptrollers
    Lincoln Hobby-Weld 110v
    Lincoln SP-200 MIG and Hi-Freq Tig
    CK TIG TORCH, gas diffuser, pyrex cup
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,642

    Re: welding saves manhood.... ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker11 View Post
    I am a ranter? Ok. I guess. I can live with that. I have been called worse.

    Yay! Is there a badge or certificate I get? I am good at that.
    I will add it to the list of the many things that I have achieved successfully.

    ya get a gold star on the bulletin board.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement