Everlast Customer Service
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Everlast Customer Service

I know I am a new guy and this is my first post, but I wanted to place a word of caution regarding ordering from Everlast.

Almost six weeks ago I placed and order for a TIG machine. I was told it was to ship on July 11. When it did not, my inquiry was answered with a new date in August.

They sent me a UPS tracking number which remained as printed but not as shipped, and there were no updates on the new promised shipping date.

As of this morning the order was still MIA.

Admittedly a little torqued off I sent them an email referencing the possibility that I could file an IC3 complaint as the order was initiated via the internet.

Instead of shipping my order, they cancelled it! They said they are refunding my card. I have not seen any activity on this yet but I will have to monitor it for the next couple of days.

So now I am STILL needing a TIG machine, and have to worry about the refund going through, and Everlast refuses to sell to me! Geez thanks for the delay.

Now I have to shop again for welder as I cannot own an Everlast.

I am an honest small businessman, I am not a scammer or ripoff.

My business has an excellent reputation and excellent credit. Personally I also have an outstanding reputation for honesty and keeping my word.

I expect to be treated fairly and with honesty as that is how I treat all of my customers and vendors alike.

This experience has been unexpected given the reputation for quality that Everlast has.

I will post again when my credit is received.

Re: Everlast Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Copper_Head View Post
    I know I am a new guy and this is my first post, but I wanted to place a word of caution regarding ordering from Everlast.

Almost six weeks ago I placed and order for a TIG machine. I was told it was to ship on July 11. When it did not, my inquiry was answered with a new date in August.

They sent me a UPS tracking number which remained as printed but not as shipped, and there were no updates on the new promised shipping date.

As of this morning the order was still MIA.

Admittedly a little torqued off I sent them an email referencing the possibility that I could file an IC3 complaint as the order was initiated via the internet.

Instead of shipping my order, they cancelled it! They said they are refunding my card. I have not seen any activity on this yet but I will have to monitor it for the next couple of days.

So now I am STILL needing a TIG machine, and have to worry about the refund going through, and Everlast refuses to sell to me! Geez thanks for the delay.

Now I have to shop again for welder as I cannot own an Everlast.

I am an honest small businessman, I am not a scammer or ripoff.

My business has an excellent reputation and excellent credit. Personally I also have an outstanding reputation for honesty and keeping my word.

I expect to be treated fairly and with honesty as that is how I treat all of my customers and vendors alike.

This experience has been unexpected given the reputation for quality that Everlast has.

I will post again when my credit is received.
    I've had mostly good experiences with Everlast, but not knowing the context of your "Torqued" email, along with a possible IC3 (?)complaint, plus a possible unforeseen or unknown shipping delay, they might have thought the best avenue would be a money back response. If they didn't, they should have either told you they were doing a refund, or given you an option of refund, or waiting an unknown number of days until it would be shipped. I like my Everlast machine, and if you like the specs and features enough, contact them again, and try to order another.
    If they were to refuse to sell to you, I am also very happy with my AHP Tig, and would highly recommend it as an equally qualified machine, bonus is it has a lower price tag. And, no, I have no affiliation in any way with either Everlast or AHP, just a satisfied customer. (Hint - go with AHP)

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Emails are probably the poorest way of getting problems corrected with any business. A phone call stresses the importance more than anything. Never hurts to email as a reinforcement, but a phone call can quickly clear things up when an email can't or may be misinterpreted. People would rather text these days than make a call. Don't understand it. But it doesn't substitute. Maybe you did call and they were snowed under that day returning calls It does happen, especially during the summer when so many are on vacation or out of the office for a day or two.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Emails are probably the poorest way of getting problems corrected with any business. A phone call stresses the importance more than anything. Never hurts to email as a reinforcement, but a phone call can quickly clear things up when an email can't or may be misinterpreted. People would rather text these days than make a call. Don't understand it. But it doesn't substitute. Maybe you did call and they were snowed under that day returning calls It does happen, especially during the summer when so many are on vacation or out of the office for a day or two.
    I agree. It seems so much easier these days to text or email, rather than call. but if you like the product enough to complain on the forum that you have a problem getting it, then it is worth at least a phone call to try and rectify the problem. As stated, sh*t happens.

I did call and they put me on hold for about 5 minutes. The girl on the phone could not get any information for me. She took my contact phone numbers and promised someone would call, however I have not received a reply. I was not connected with the sales manager who originally sold me the welder nor was I able to talk to the manager who cancelled my order. I did reply with an email apologizing profusely for angering him. He seems very intent on sparring with me via email. Very bizarre for a customer to have this type of interaction with senior managers at a company. Refund not showing up as pending yet at my CC. UPS label has been cancelled. I do wish to have my welder shipped. I don't have an inkling yet as to how this will be resolved.

Welp..... Apologies accepted and they said they will ship. Crossing my fingers and hoping it works out OK.

Glad you got your problem solved without another long drawn out slanging match where nobody wins.
    Keep us updated on your new welder when it arrives , Lots of good reviews on that machine, I"m sure
    you will like it,

Email is the most common, widely used communication in business today.

CUSTOMER SERVICE (email or phone), you either have it or you don't, it defines a company. No excuses.
    ESAB Rebels 215/235, Hypertherm 85, 45xp, Miller 350p, Synchrowave 350 LX, Thermal Arc 185, Everlast 255EXT, Cutmaster 52.

I have received a good tracking number. Should be delivered tomorrow. I will update when it arrives.

Oh NO!! Double-charged on my CC. Originally paid the beginning of July, duplicate charge pending dated yesterday. Hope this is an oversight.

They confirmed that a credit should be coming through. I will monitor. Trust but verify is all I can do right now.

OK, Credit posted on my card!
    Delivery should be today. Package tracks to my city.

OK, Credit posted on my card!
    Delivery should be today. Package tracks to my city.
    You should change your moniker to "Squeaky-Wheel".
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200withspoolgun,MKCobra Mig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig3ea.

Delivered!
    Crazy day at shop, probably won't be able to open it up until tomorrow.

You know, it was an oversight. But I am surprised your CC company didn't catch that one. Most companies these days catch large double purchases.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

I have to say, I've had much the same experience with Everlast shipping department

Never had a transaction go the way it was supposed to. Delays, broken promises to "call you back", then after 3 calls over more than a week they have attitude when you say "What's going on with you people" (they suffer from us "Stupid Customers" all day I guess and have that hair-trigger attitude to show for it). Never an apology, never an admission on their part, just "Oh well, $hit happens...."

Last Welder I ordered turned into a Plasma Cutter along the way, then a promise of 3-day Air to make it right becomes "3-day Select" (which is 5 days it turns out).

Plain & Simple, they simply SUCK at Customer Service!

Not at all wishing to take shots at Everlast or their staff.
    After my first botched exchange when there was a problem, I figured out very quickly that I was dealing with a culture that communicates and reacts in a very different manner than what one would take for granted when interacting with a domestic US company.
    In years past I have worked with, and for, company heads and staff that have strong personalities and which possess the same reactionary traits that I unfortunately provoked at Everlast.
    Hopefully I can offer a small amount of helpful insight from my experiences.

It's all about "face." Or whatever else you wish to label it. Saving face, losing face, etc. The worst offense you can commit to a personality from this type of culture is to make them look bad or one-up them or threaten.
    So when I mentioned that there are US agencies that accept complaints about companies who sell products and do not ship, I expected a reaction similar to what I would do in that situation:
    I would apologize that the item had not shipped yet. I would find out accurate information about when the item would ship and relay that to the customer. I would assure them I would give their order priority and upgrade the shipping to an expedited service when I did ship.

But what I actually did without intent was to really infuriate them! (oops)
    So I completely reversed my approach and apologized. I humbled myself and explained that I realized I had offended, insulted and angered them, this was wrong but not intentional.
    After this I would say that they were exceptionally nice, helpful and courteous.
    Approach begets response, but it is critical to know the culture and mentality of the person you are communicating with.

So, talking with the sales person six weeks ago, they said Everlast costs a little more than the cheapest imports but is much better quality, because they are NOT made in China, but Korea or Indonesia or something. OK, I can accept that as they do publish a 5-year warranty...

Ummm.....LOL
    Name:  IMG_2132.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  77.9 KB

Well whatever, "the proof is in the pudding" so we will put her through a couple jobs to see how she stacks up before I take her home to my workshop.

Sorry, IDK why these are rotating

Name:  IMG_2139.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  101.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2140.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  98.7 KB
    Last edited by Copper_Head; 08-11-2018 at 01:50 PM.

It's all about "face." Or whatever else you wish to label it. Saving face, losing face, etc. The worst offense you can commit to a personality from this type of culture is to make them look bad or one-up them or threaten.
    So when I mentioned that there are US agencies that accept complaints about companies who sell products and do not ship, I expected a reaction similar to what I would do in that situation:
    I would apologize that the item had not shipped yet. I would find out accurate information about when the item would ship and relay that to the customer. I would assure them I would give their order priority and upgrade the shipping to an expedited service when I did ship.

But what I actually did without intent was to really infuriate them! (oops)
    So I completely reversed my approach and apologized. I humbled myself and explained that I realized I had offended, insulted and angered them, this was wrong but not intentional.
    After this I would say that they were exceptionally nice, helpful and courteous.
    Approach begets response, but it is critical to know the culture and mentality of the person you are communicating with.
    I think you're Right on Track here...

In American culture we've all become to the "the customer is always right" attitude from people we do business with. That you should "bend over backwards" to keep your customer happy.

The whole world doesn't work that way. Machismo is So IMPORTANT in backwards cultures, for the insecure it's All About Respect. If they feel you're disrespecting them in any way, you're their enemy. I called them about a CK Torch I ordered from them and didn't hear anything about for a few weeks. I called and the girl in the shipping dept said "we'll look into it and get back to you. A week later (no call back) I called them and was told the same thing. Another week later, same thing, I called once again and she told me she would be SURE her boss got the message. Then a few days later I got through to him and this time HE told me he'd call me back. I said "THAT'S THE SAME THING THE DUMB GIRL HAS BEEN TELLING ME FOR A MONTH!"

That was IT, he freaked-out that I had insulted his (girl?) friend and told me he was DONE dealing with me and wasn't going to send me a Thing! (what a dick, I'M the bad guy in this debacle )

It's a Macho thing with these clowns, they're doing You a favor in doing business with them...

Well I have decided to to not be offended or angry by it.
    I don't want to perpetuate the circle of offense so I adjusted my mindset to work with situation rather than spat.
    I am sure there are indeed companies and individuals who consciously alter their responses from what is automatic or familiar in order to do business more smoothly in America.

My wife is from a country outside of the US. When we go to visit her family, something amazing happens. My bad rendition of their language is worse than their bad English. So whenever I am around they communicate in English rather than their native language, whether I am directly part of the conversation or not. I was touched by this unsolicited act of kindness and consideration the first time I experienced it. As a result, when I run into people from other countries and cultures in my day to day routine I try to communicate with them on their level so to speak.

Copper Head. No one I know of has represented the product as being nothing else but made in China. It is no secret. However we do use parts from Germany, Japan, Taiwan, US, Korea and a few others including china in our product. I think you may have misunderstood, because I think I had that conversation with you. Or someone else. But open it up and you will find name brands such as IXYS, Fairchild, Siemens, Sharp, Panasonic, Texas Instruments, International Rectifier, and a number of other recognizable names in the electronic industry.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

The China tag does not bother me. I will certainly open the covers and inspect the welder and post photos. I have repaired very many machines over the years and know that good design and good components make a machine durable, not necessarily country of origin. Although really bad designs and mystery electronics are most likely to be encountered in Chinese tools, I have purchased a handful of jewels as well. I have a no name milling machine that is virtually identical to a top import name machine that a friend of mine has, except for the color. No way did anyone clone the castings so perfectly. I'm almost 100% certain it's from the same factory though I paid one third the price of the brand name import.
    Conversely, I just repaired a neighbor shop's plasma cutter. Ughh!!! Sub-boards and ribbon cables everywhere. Fortunately, board mounted fuses where OK and a thorough cleaning and cable reseating cured it for now, although it took awhile to clean all the (way too many) internal connection points.

What an odd thread.