Estimating & project management software?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Estimating & project management software?

Hey folks, I thought I'd post here so see what welding specific software the pro's here are running for those of you in the fabrication business.
    I'm an Estimator/Project Manager for a custom welding & fabrication shop and the juggling between the two is getting out of hand. I'm in a situation where I need to be putting in FT hours towards both things (estimating & managing) and, well we all know there needs to be eat and sleep included in a 24 hour day.

I'm looking to expand more into light structural & misc metals but most of whet I'm seeing out there caters to the larger industries. I use excel spreadsheets but would like something more plug and play, even a pick and click system as long as it isn't so cumbersome that it consumes even more time for minor returns.

In short, I'm hoping there is a system or program that can reduce both my estimating and costing/tracking time so I can focus on other important matters

Thanks in advance

Re: Estimating & project management software?

Custom welding and fabrication is a very broad field which is why not many companies want to do it.

This is why I love being in this field because most people can't handle it. I bid jobs from $100 to $100,000 all done on separate pieces of paper since every jobs is completely different from anything I have done prior. I have made over 150 stainless conveyors and only 5 were the same.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K6090 View Post
    Hey folks, I thought I'd post here so see what welding specific software the pros here are running for those of you in the fabrication business.
    I'm an Estimator/Project Manager for a custom welding & fabrication shop, and the juggling between the two is getting out of hand. I'm in a situation where I need to be putting in FT hours towards both things (estimating & managing) and, well we all know there needs to be eat and sleep included in a 24 hour day.

I'm looking to expand more into light structural & misc metals but most of whet I'm seeing out there caters to the larger industries. I use excel spreadsheets but would like something more plug and play, even a pick and click system as long as it isn't so cumbersome that it consumes even more time for minor returns.

In short, I'm hoping there is a system or program that can reduce both my estimating and costing/tracking time so I can focus on other important matters

Thanks in advance
    The cost of metal changes all the time. The cost of labor changes all the time. Only some guys can do specific jobs, and their pay is usually higher. And the number one problem is that in most cases the actual price you should get is not attainable. So, in reality, the software would only help you hide that you are not getting the right price.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

I made a chart how long took to make 1" weld up to 40foot weld.
    This also cutting steel , drilling both hand and drill press, machining and painting
    It took time for chart it included down time from employ aka Goff off time

Be for had chart double the cost of steel, bolts and any all other cost be for labor
    This work ok at start sometime it most it was low and rarely high.

At times I would a have pain the but charge

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by K6090 View Post
    Hey folks, I thought I'd post here so see what welding specific software the pro's here are running for those of you in the fabrication business.
    I'm an Estimator/Project Manager for a custom welding & fabrication shop and the juggling between the two is getting out of hand. I'm in a situation where I need to be putting in FT hours towards both things (estimating & managing) and, well we all know there needs to be eat and sleep included in a 24 hour day.

Thanks in advance