Info on Lincoln Weldanpower 130
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Info on Lincoln Weldanpower 130

Hello all, new to this forum and looking on advice for a Weldanpower 130 welder I am looking at buying. I am not familiar with this model and the owner has said the welder doesn't run but motor will turn over. Owner is asking $100. Can you tell me what I need to be looking for or what I should check out prior to buying? Thanks!
    Pudgey

Re: Info on Lincoln Weldanpower 130

Dont even think about buying it,not worth it. Keep looking
    MM215
    Victor torch set

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Dont even think about buying it,not worth it. Keep looking
    Thank you but just curious as to why...
    Is it the price, model or ?

The coils are shot, its a pain in the butt to replace it and hard to find replacement parts for it. Most mechanics who rebuilt welders says " throw it in the recycle bin"
    MM215
    Victor torch set

Ok great, thank you. Are all weldangen models just as difficult to deal with or just the 130? Thanks again for taking time to respond and giving me your thoughts.

Pretty much all the weldangen are junk after some many hours on it. Better off get a ranger 8 or 9
    MM215
    Victor torch set

I must agree, I found out the hard way. If the armature is shot, there are no more available from lincoln. Rewind at a local shop will cost almost the price of a new off brand machine, or half the price of new lincoln. Then you still have the rest of it to make sure is good. Some of the WeldanPowers like the one I have(boat anchor) are 25 to 30 years old, and not alot of support. I called all around the united states to find a good armature, but I was told by a guy who owned a LIncoln graveyard in texas, that most of them have bad armatures. He said the single cylinder ones seem to rattle themselves to death ( wire cracks somewhere deep inside, rarely near the commutator rings). The single cylinder models were 150 amp models, but there are 225 amp model two cylinder I think, but I don't know if they suffer from the same issues. Oh, when they do work, they are loud...
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches

I mean we're not talking about spending our life savings here.........it's $100. If you're slightly mechanically inclined go have a look at it. If it looks like a boat anchor, leave it there. If you know a carburetor from a lug nut, does it look respectable enough to run if properly tuned? As for the welder end, the key component I'd look at is the slip rings. Are they cracked? If not, load it in the bed of your truck, trunk of Kia, or rear hatch of your mini van and take it home. Screw around with it it'll be fun. They said.
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"