New EMP235i with the Power Cord misrouted
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

New EMP235i with the Power Cord misrouted

I received my new EMP235i on Thursday. I wanted to play today but the cord is all twisted in the top of the case and I can't get it out. I took four screws of the front handle but it doesn't seem to do the trick. For now it seems my only option it the cut the cord at the plug end, unravel the cord mess and put a new 50 amp plug end. Bummer!

Any suggestions for me?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: New EMP235i with the Power Cord misrouted

Take the case off and remove the cord from the connections inside the machine and fish it out of the handles to save the plug?
    CNC plasma table 4'x8'
    Hypertherm 65
    Miller 330abp
    Miller 211 inverter, M150 spool gun
    Miller 375 Extreme plasma
    Femi 120abs portable band saw
    Many other tools
    Too little garage space
    Not enough money

Looks like a fun puzzle to me. Take one of the loops and pull th whole machine through it, see how that changes the situation.
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Call ESAB and ask them what to do. That is crazy. You can unbolt the top roll bar, just two hex bolts on either side. I had mine off when I put on the cable holders on.
    Now it seems all I own are ESAB products, a lonely Hypertherm 85 and couple of Miller XMT's.

Do you think it shipped from the factory like that or has someone been in the case before you? Can't imagine it being put together like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Can't imagine it being put together like that.
    I can. I've seen some crazy Chit come off of production lines. Very few production lines workers care when somethings wrong and even if they did there's usually nothing that they can do to stop the line and fix the problem so into the box it goes and the lucky buyer gets to deal with it. It's what happens when a company puts more emphasis on production than quality.

Anyone remember the show about Lucy working on the bon-bon production line?
    Last edited by FlaJoe; 07-17-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaJoe View Post
    I can. I've seen some crazy Chit come off of production lines. Very few production lines workers care when somethings wrong and even if they did there's usually nothing that they can do to stop the line and fix the problem so into the box it goes and the lucky buyer gets to deal with it. It's what happens when a company puts more emphasis on production than quality.

Anyone remember the show about Lucy working on the bon-bon production line?
    Yeah, these being made in China, I doubt the assembly workers care too much about how the power cord was poorly routed...

Hi guys, this video should help with getting the cord out

well that video answers that question

They just ****in with round eye

Quote Originally Posted by gxbxc View Post
    well that video answers that question
    No video didn't answer! The cord was looped around the handle! The only option was to cut the cord to pull out. My picture shows that. ESAB sent a new one to replace. Case closed!