SA200 shunt coils..
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

SA200 shunt coils..

I ordered my shunt coils on the 24th of june.. They still havent sent me shipping info if it has shipped etc. but they have taken my payment. ordered from Hybriweld..

their email isnt working, neither of my emails could send an email to them to see if it was backordered or shipped or not. tried their online comment email thing, awaiting a reply as its sunday. Has anyone had this kind of a problem with them? if i dont get an email by 4 tomorrow i will bite the long distance charges and call them.

To another question, Is it possible to spray dielectric grease spray on the coils to kind of protect my investment? or something along those lines..

Thanks in advance

Re: SA200 shunt coils..

Call them and see when the expected ship date is. They do runs of coils and may be out of stock on them ... it happens.
    AWS CWI xxxx2171
    1968 SA200

Quote Originally Posted by WelderMike
    I hate being bipolar, It's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZTFab View Post
    Nice work!
    Visit Regulator and Torch Exchange, Inc. for all your cutting and heating needs!

Quote Originally Posted by AFFENDE View Post
    Call them and see when the expected ship date is. They do runs of coils and may be out of stock on them ... it happens.
    Ok thanks, i hope i get ahold of them and i hope the ship date is close! ive lost out on a few weekend jobs without it running.. urg

I've only ever had one time a few years ago that receiving a set of shunt coils from Hybriweld took over a week after ordering and I'm one to two days away via UPS depending on the position of the moon in the sky. I had other work to do on the machine so I was patient and just expected them to show up before they were needed. When they didn't I called and Mike told the order never got entered (Mike didn't take the original order) and he send them to me via NDA at their expense.

Now I always call Mike to see if they have any in stock before ordering, if not when the next batch will be available and confirm a set will be earmarked to fill my order. Have not had another late shipment since and I always recommend anyone call to place their order.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

4 out of the 5 voices in my head say "Go for it".

have faith. i had to ask the same question when i ordered mine, as i thought i had been had.

they fixed me right up when i told them my credit card company was after them for the payement

in their defense, they were having some nasty weather down there. i just would have appreciated a call saying, hey we havent shipped your stuff.

after i made many phone calls their way when they told me they in fact had.
    bosses stuff:
    trailblazer 325
    maxstar 200

my stuff:
    sa 200
    fronius transpocket 180
    100 amp Lincoln w/f
    97 f350 DIT

Kevin

I had the same problem ordering shunt coils. It was almost a month later I got mine. I called them at the time, and they said they were low on materials, so I was patient. I'll still order from them the next time I need a set.
    SA 200's 1970, 1969,1965, 1963, 1955/44,
    SA 250 1981 D152 DC only
    2004 Ranger 10,000
    Lincoln Pro mig 135
    Hobart GPB 1957 258 Pipeliner, 1958 261 Mainliner
    Miller Load Bank
    Everlast ST 200
    Hobart Airforce 250

Thanks guys! been super busy so i never got around to replying. I called on tuesday (i believe, if not monday) and didnt get an answer, later that day he emailed me back from the site comments section and assured me they had been shipped. Their emailing system is getting updated and hasnt been able to notify anyone of shipping/order details from what he says.

So to my other question, can i spray some dielectric grease on the coils to protect them from corrosion?

Thanks if anyone answers that!

First, the coils will be varnished/baked for corrosion protection and should one apply any grease to them it would only serve to attract dust/grit and hinder cooling. Install them as received and solder/heat shrink the inter-connecting coil leads.

Name:  20150803_162742.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  83.2 KBName:  20150803_162909.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  90.9 KB
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

4 out of the 5 voices in my head say "Go for it".

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    First, the coils will be varnished/baked for corrosion protection and should one apply any grease to them it would only serve to attract dust/grit and hinder cooling. Install them as received and solder/heat shrink the inter-connecting coil leads.

Name:  20150803_162742.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  83.2 KBName:  20150803_162909.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  90.9 KB
    Thanks Duane! wasnt too sure, the picture on the website looks uncovered! and the solder/heatshrink was my plan as ive heard from a few people. if i have any more questions ill ask on this thread!

I STILL havent gotten my shunt coils. no shipping info, hasnt given me a tracking number etc. ive tried to call and no answer. he said he sent out another set on aug 8 and its been over a month since then. It takes 2-3 weeks normally in between to come from california, and its only coming from Louisiana. he said the hurricane could have something to do with it but id think it would have been shipped and far enough north by then to not be affected by it. every time i email him about anything he says "Ill check on it" but i never get anything back after that.

Starting to get extremely fed up with this..

i hear ya man, like i said, i was forced to call my cc company and they were quick to offer their services as far as getting my money back.

i called the coil maker back with that information and i was promptly given a tracking number. still dirty though cause it looked to me like he just re-routed a shipment that was supposed to go to someone else so now THEY were out a set of coils.

i dunno, for the price, and apparent quality, im not going to bash the company, i did get my product, its just hard to be kept in the dark and lied to for months at a time.
    bosses stuff:
    trailblazer 325
    maxstar 200

my stuff:
    sa 200
    fronius transpocket 180
    100 amp Lincoln w/f
    97 f350 DIT

Kevin

I would have to say more than likely, your shunt coil are stuck in a delivery truck due to the Hurricane and flooding.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    SA 200's 1970, 1969,1965, 1963, 1955/44,
    SA 250 1981 D152 DC only
    2004 Ranger 10,000
    Lincoln Pro mig 135
    Hobart GPB 1957 258 Pipeliner, 1958 261 Mainliner
    Miller Load Bank
    Everlast ST 200
    Hobart Airforce 250

I'm really hoping so, it's been frustrating nonetheless. Still wish he could have given me a tracking number when I asked though