Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

Just keeping my eyes open for when the 221 drops! Pretty excited about things. If you are an Everlast user or a fan then this is for you. Just wanna keep something open for new info to be posted too. Side note: I can't weld, starting from scratch. I'm an HVAC technician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

Shouldn't this be in the everlast forum?
    First person on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    Millermatic 211 Inverter MIG w/ Spoolmate 150
    Eastwood 40A Plasma cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    No idea, I just downloaded the app and registered.

umm what? They have a 200dv, 210ext, 250ex, 255ext and dropped the 225lx. Why would they make a 221 when the 210 is so close
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    umm what? They have a 200dv, 210ext, 250ex, 255ext and dropped the 225lx. Why would they make a 221 when the 210 is so close
    221 is supposed to have AC/DC tig and a few new features. Supposed to launch end of July/August

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    It is going to be a MIG/TIG/Stick machine with AC/DC, high frequency start, sequencer, 50% duty cycle at max output (230 amps). Sounds like they are trying for a multiprocess machine that is actually good at all three processes, not just "technically" capable of them. That's just based on a quick read of the announcement details on Everlast's website.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
    It is going to be a MIG/TIG/Stick machine with AC/DC, high frequency start, sequencer, 50% duty cycle at max output (230 amps). Sounds like they are trying for a multiprocess machine that is actually good at all three processes, not just "technically" capable of them. That's just based on a quick read of the announcement details on Everlast's website.
    Exactly. I have zero experience welding. All I can do is Keyboard commando for now. I like what I see in Everlast equipment. May as well have the whole enchilada instead of paying more for less.

Everlast making troll accounts now I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Turbomunkey View Post
    Everlast making troll accounts now I guess
    No troll here. We don't feed those

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Turbo,
    We don't need or use troll accounts with worldwide distribution on 6 continents and hundreds of thousands of customers in the US alone, everything from Aerospace to Farms to home garages to celebrity garages to government contractors to gun smiths to pipe welders to tech schools to union hall training centers. But yes this will probably be scurried off to the Everlast forum, no problem there with that happening...but there is already a thread there about it. But regardless the unit is in development and we are just working on final details.

For the record:

It is a synergic MIG with memory with inboard wire spool capability, inductance control and other features like burn back control. It also supports a spool gun. 230 amps
    It is a AC/DC TIG with Lift and HF Start, 230 amps.
    The TIG has wave form adjustment and full sequencer along with Pulse.
    It is a Stick with advanced Stick welding controls including V.R.D. setting for safety.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Thanks Lug. Was following some of your other posts about it. I will be purchasing at launch. Well, provided there are any remaining I can get my hands on!

Still trying out for hall monitor, Oscar?

Maybe Everlast has seemingly done enough penance here, and threads mentioning their units will now be allowed to show and continue in the New Posts like all the other threads.

Wouldn't that be something...

Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Still trying out for hall monitor, Oscar?
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by aaronUSMC View Post
    Exactly. I have zero experience welding. All I can do is Keyboard commando for now. I like what I see in Everlast equipment. May as well have the whole enchilada instead of paying more for less.

Never seen someone who has zero experience welding so excited for the release of a new machine.

I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Never seen someone who has zero experience welding so excited for the release of a new machine.

I hope it lives up to your expectations.
    When someone that has zero experience welding knows they getting everything in one machine to learn how to do all of it is an important asset, they should probably be excited about it. Meaning even an idiot can spot a great deal

When someone that has zero experience welding knows they getting everything in one machine to learn how to do all of it is an important asset, they should probably be excited about it. Meaning even an idiot can spot a great deal

What's the price going to be on the 221?

What's the price going to be on the 221?
    Most of what I've seen from them claims around two grand everything included

Little advice. I would decide which process you'd like to focus on first, and focus on that initially. By all means, get the machine you want, but if you try to dive right into all three out of the gate it may be a little daunting. Maybe you'll be just fine jumping into all three right away, but it is a lot of support equipment, accessories and consumables to learn, understand and deal with, if nothing else. MIG wire of various sizes and types, TIG filler of various sizes and types, tungstens, torches, MIG guns, multiple types of shielding gas, gas cups, nozzles, drive rollers, contact tips, stick electrodes of various sizes and types, gloves, helmet, jacket, chipping hammer, wire brushes, tungsten grinder (even if you just use a diamond wheel on an angle grinder like I do), etc., etc. It's a lot to know how to use, set, adjust, monitor, maintain, purchase, replace, etc., particularly if you have no experience with any of it. That's not to mention settings like, amperage, wire feed speed, voltage, pulse, frequency, balance, dig, hot start, anti-burn back, pre-flow, post-flow, up slope, down slope, percent on time, background current, waveform, gas flow CFH, DCEN, DCEP, etc. It's a lot to keep track of and a lot to check when things aren't going right.

If you focus on learning one process at a time, you can focus on all the ins and outs of that process, then move on once you have a handle on that process. Just my opinion, others may disagree. And maybe you'll have no problem jumping right into all three processes. Just don't get discouraged if it's a lot to figure out all at once.

Little advice. I would decide which process you'd like to focus on first, and focus on that initially. By all means, get the machine you want, but if you try to dive right into all three out of the gate it may be a little daunting. Maybe you'll be just fine jumping into all three right away, but it is a lot of support equipment, accessories and consumables to learn, understand and deal with, if nothing else. MIG wire of various sizes and types, TIG filler of various sizes and types, tungstens, torches, MIG guns, multiple types of shielding gas, gas cups, nozzles, drive rollers, contact tips, stick electrodes of various sizes and types, gloves, helmet, jacket, chipping hammer, wire brushes, tungsten grinder (even if you just use a diamond wheel on an angle grinder like I do), etc., etc. It's a lot to know how to use, set, adjust, monitor, maintain, purchase, replace, etc., particularly if you have no experience with any of it. That's not to mention settings like, amperage, wire feed speed, voltage, pulse, frequency, balance, dig, hot start, anti-burn back, pre-flow, post-flow, up slope, down slope, percent on time, background current, waveform, gas flow CFH, DCEN, DCEP, etc. It's a lot to keep track of and a lot to check when things aren't going right.

If you focus on learning one process at a time, you can focus on all the ins and outs of that process, then move on once you have a handle on that process. Just my opinion, others may disagree. And maybe you'll have no problem jumping right into all three processes. Just don't get discouraged if it's a lot to figure out all at once.
    I'm not even on packing the Meg and take torches until I learn how to stick. I just didn't want to have to buy separate machines to do all of it off of the 110 V output in my garage where it would be easy and convenient to learn.

I'm not even on packing the Meg and take torches until I learn how to stick. I just didn't want to have to buy separate machines to do all of it off of the 110 V output in my garage where it would be easy and convenient to learn.

*MIG and TIG torches.

I just didn't want to have to buy separate machines to do all of it off of the 110 V output in my garage
    I think you will be greatly disappointed. And this isn't an Everlast thing. But trying to weld anything from a 120 volt outlet (assuming you are in the USA) is seriously limited. You just can't get enough power out of a 120 v outlet to do anything really useful, like learning to run a 1/8 inch 7018. Looking at the specs on the Everlast powerMTS 211 as an analog, it only goes to 100 amps for stick welding at 120 volts. And even at that it has a max inrush current of 33 amps and a rated input amps of 21 amps. Very few residential wall sockets are going to provide that kind of power, so even 100 amps seems overly optimistic to me. Its not a knock on the welder, it is just physics. I rarely stick weld below 100 amps. I mostly run 1/8 6011 and 1/8 7018. If I am running 3/32 rod it is usually 6013 or 7018, and usually not below 100 amps. Yes you can buy smaller diameter rods, yes the acceptable ranges for these rods does dip below 100 amps. But I am just telling you the reality for me.
    Hobart Handler 190
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

When I bought the MTS 251SI they Everlast told me that they weren't going to build a MTS with AC/DC. You'll have to wait for about a year and a half after the machine is out to get a good manual for it. That's how long it took for the manual (not stapled pieces of paper that came with it) for the MTS 251Si to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    wah, wah, wah-wah, wah, wah-wah, wah
    Sorry I don't speak idiot. Try again once you up the IQ a little bit.
    First person on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    Millermatic 211 Inverter MIG w/ Spoolmate 150
    Eastwood 40A Plasma cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    I think you will be greatly disappointed. And this isn't an Everlast thing. But trying to weld anything from a 120 volt outlet (assuming you are in the USA) is seriously limited. You just can't get enough power out of a 120 v outlet to do anything really useful, like learning to run a 1/8 inch 7018. Looking at the specs on the Everlast powerMTS 211 as an analog, it only goes to 100 amps for stick welding at 120 volts. And even at that it has a max inrush current of 33 amps and a rated input amps of 21 amps. Very few residential wall sockets are going to provide that kind of power, so even 100 amps seems overly optimistic to me. Its not a knock on the welder, it is just physics. I rarely stick weld below 100 amps. I mostly run 1/8 6011 and 1/8 7018. If I am running 3/32 rod it is usually 6013 or 7018, and usually not below 100 amps. Yes you can buy smaller diameter rods, yes the acceptable ranges for these rods does dip below 100 amps. But I am just telling you the reality for me.
    I do you have a 220 V outlet in the laundry room right next to the garage. Thanks for the heads up but I'll still be fine.

Nah,

Admit it, you just don't have come-back for that one, do you? "Still trying out for hall monitor, Oscar?"

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar: "Shouldn't this be in the everlast forum?"

At least you got your request fulfilled, didn't you. Ha, ha, ha...

Sorry I don't speak idiot. Try again once you up the IQ a little bit.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma