Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Yeah,

    It's very fun time for welding. Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

    As an HVAC tech who sweats copper tubing togather, I can see an All-In-One 221STi being an ideal unit to have around for bridging over into welding almost whatever you may want.

    And, it's a better time than ever before, value-wise, to be in the market for an advanced welding unit at one-half or one-third of what stuff would normallly cost only a few years ago, even when considering the debasement (expansion) of the State fiat currency supply, which would be considered counterfeiting if you or I were doing it. But, somehow those hard-working and free-market-minded Asians have given us all new and affordable choices, like never before. God bless them!

    Name:  WAVES.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  97.1 KB




    Quote Originally Posted by aaronUSMC View Post
    Just keeping my eyes open for when the 221 drops! Pretty excited about things. If you are an Everlast user or a fan then this is for you. Just wanna keep something open for new info to be posted too. Side note: I can't weld, starting from scratch. I'm an HVAC technician.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 07-23-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Yeah,

    It's very fun time for welding. Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

    As an HVAC tech who sweats copper tubing togather, I can see an All-In-One 221STi being an ideal unit to have around for bridging over into welding almost whatever you may want.

    And, it's a better time than ever before, value-wise, to be in the market for an advanced welding unit at one-half or one-third of what stuff would normallly cost only a few years ago, even when considering the debasement (expansion) of the State fiat currency supply, which would be considered counterfeiting if you or I were doing it. But, somehow those hard-working and free-market-minded Asians have given us all new and affordable choices, like never before. God bless them!

    Name:  WAVES.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  97.1 KB
    Ha ha the world has come to some crazy times and terms. I am excited to learn a new trade! Plus, if the currency goes flat, welders and machinists will be in high demand. Always good to be useful



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    88

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    But, somehow those hard-working and free-market-minded Asians have given us all new and affordable choices, like never before. God bless them!
    Last time I talked with the Everlast folks, I didn't think they sounded Asian. Not that I got anything against Asians, those I've met wery nice. Kind of more Russian (Slavic) I think. Good engineering schools there, terrible government, not quite as bad as Hillary and the Clinton Syndicate would have been though. Maybe Everlast is the election hacker, the Russia Connection? That would be a good reason to buy Everlast in itself. They are in California though, not quite American, if they really want to escape Communism, Everlast should move to Texas with all the other former California companies. Amazon has a huge distribution center outside of Fort Worth, would be a great location for them. So really I guess Everlast, who designs their own welders and has them built overseas (like Apple does with phones), is almost and American company, maybe pending full immigration to an American State.

    Sorry for the hack, just waxing. Cheers.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Ha, ha, ha... yeah, it's so stupid to talk about anything as being imported. I mean, the stuff isn't from another planet. So what, if they don't speak English or wave a US federal flag.

    But, I'd never buy anything made by those lousy Martians, of course.

    Yeah, voting with your feet, so to speak, is a good thing for productive people and businesses, as it also punishes those extortion-financed organizations, and rightly so. I mean, like how gun makers, car makers, Briggs & Stratton, et al, have factories or have moved to the South where there's fewer taxes and less hostility for both workers and job producers that are often held hostage by newer and more burdensome State demands. I mean, you almost have to go to Russia or China to practice free enterprise and free markets nowadays. That's why rich French people, like Gerard Depardieu, became a Russian citizen when France was increasing the income tax to 75% on wealthy people. The maximum income tax of Russia is 17%. And most extortion-based States, like France, still don't tax people while they're outside the political boundaries, hence the simple solution of voting with your feet. The US and Eritrea are the only two involuntary State organizations, that I know of, that tax their subjects on every part of the globe, so they can never escape, in most cases.

    Name:  gerard_depardieu_a_l.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  31.8 KB

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...zenship-409695

    "Depardieu appears in Nechin, Belgium, where 27 percent of citizens are French "tax exiles," to register as a new resident."

    I'm guessing that the Asian factory holds all of the patents to the Everlast machine designs. But Everlast undoubtedly has some influence on features or specs for their exclusive sales rights and units in North America. If you look at the R-Tech units sold in the British Isles, they undoubtedly came from the same factories as the Everlast stuff, but do have some slight differences and specs.

    Everlast is conveniently located in a Port City, but they could also relocate to somewhere around Seattle too, which would be good for all of the staff, as there's no State income tax there, which means that everyone there would get a raise and Everlast wouldn't be compelled to act as an unpaid tax collector for the State organization there. I suppose the same thing could be done on the Gulf Coast.



    Quote Originally Posted by Shipj0 View Post
    Last time I talked with the Everlast folks, I didn't think they sounded Asian. Not that I got anything against Asians, those I've met wery nice. Kind of more Russian (Slavic) I think. Good engineering schools there, terrible government, not quite as bad as Hillary and the Clinton Syndicate would have been though. Maybe Everlast is the election hacker, the Russia Connection? That would be a good reason to buy Everlast in itself. They are in California though, not quite American, if they really want to escape Communism, Everlast should move to Texas with all the other former California companies. Amazon has a huge distribution center outside of Fort Worth, would be a great location for them. So really I guess Everlast, who designs their own welders and has them built overseas (like Apple does with phones), is almost and American company, maybe pending full immigration to an American State.

    Sorry for the hack, just waxing. Cheers.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 07-24-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,637

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Let's get things back on track here.

    I know there is a lot of speculation about the unit. Keep in mind that the final product may be slightly altered from original design. It'll be very close, but even I am not sure how exactly the finished unit will be. It's close to the original I can tell you that, but don't get hung up on any ONE particular spec we offered in advance. Yes, AC, DC, waveform MIG, TIG pulse, will be there, but some of the things related to sizing and capacity and inputs may change.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    I'm perfectly fine with that! I just want the damn thing done already. Don't suppose anyone knows how to pre order?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Update: I do not know how to pin this to the top, but, I just got off the phone with Andrew from Everlast. They are taking pre-orders on the 221. You can pay 2000 since that is their estimated launch price. If the welder comes in over 2000, you do not owe anything else since you pre-ordered. If the welder comes in under 2000 then you will be refunded the difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Wow,

    Everlast does it again for outstanding service!

    And I really like that marketing practice too, as it's kind of a balancing, in the Ludwig Von Mises time preference sense, in which both producer and consumer can mediate time spans better in supply chains, with a pricing incentive for consumers willing to pre-order and more accurate supply and production indicators for producers too. Brilliant.

    http://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Time_preference

    So, you'll undoubtedly be one of the very first in North America, and on the whole globe, to have one. Congradulations!


    Quote Originally Posted by aaronUSMC View Post
    Update: I do not know how to pin this to the top, but, I just got off the phone with Andrew from Everlast. They are taking pre-orders on the 221. You can pay 2000 since that is their estimated launch price. If the welder comes in over 2000, you do not owe anything else since you pre-ordered. If the welder comes in under 2000 then you will be refunded the difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 07-25-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Limited run as well according to him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Wow,

    Let the run on pre-ordering begin, then!
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 07-25-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Wow,

    Let the run on pre-ordering begin, then!
    Will you be purchasing? You don't need one with all your current setups. Could be a fun tinker machine though



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    With CA sales tax, pre order is 2240. Rep says 30-45 days till delivery. Obviously, after that I will be posting my adventures in stick welding.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Nah,

    I've got the 210EXT already, and I don't really have use for MIG, at least not right now.

    Yes, please do share with us all about the unit, especially include some pictures. Get some MIG wire and a gas bottle at your earliest convenience, as you'll undoubtedly like MIG too.

    TIG is a little trickier, especially on aluminum. But that unit has a perfect amount of features for AC TIG, I think.

    With only "... 30-45 days till delivery" for the new 221Sti All-In-One, I'm allowing even myself to get a little excited about it, and I'm not getting one.

    Ha, ha, ha...


    Quote Originally Posted by aaronUSMC View Post
    Will you be purchasing? You don't need one with all your current setups. Could be a fun tinker machine though
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 07-26-2017 at 05:37 AM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    29

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    I have a MIG welder and have played with stick and TIG. This has been on my radar for a while. I can't want until I can be in a position to get one.
    ----
    Hobart Handler 175

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    29

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Found this information. Not sure how accurate it still is. The biggest surprise, to me, is the predicted 50% duty cycle at 230 amps.

    NEW 2017 PRODUCT THE POWERMTS 221STI
    As part of a program to extend our product line, and to continue to be an innovating company in the welding industry, we are proud to announce our latest unit, the PowerMTS 221Sti. This unit should reach the market sometime in mid 2017. The latest in our line of MIG, TIG, Stick welders, the Power MTS 221Sti, features a lot of unique features not found in other units of its class.

    The first and most important feature for a MIG TIG stick welder, is the development of a true all-in-one unit with AC and DC TIG capability. The new unit is a huge advancement over the recent generation of MIG TIG and stick welders on the market as the added AC capability is not the only feature that will distinguish it. The unit also features HF start in TIG mode as well as wave form control, which will feature a choice of two different wave forms. Of course, since the unit is an Everlast AC/DC TIG unit as well, it will feature the standard AC balance and AC frequency control. The unit will have a full sequencer that will allow operation independent of the standard foot pedal that will be included. The sequencer will also control several important MIG features, such as inductance, burn back, and volt slope up.

    The new PowerMTS 221Sti will feature full size roll capability, while supporting a duty cycle of 50% at 230 amps. This will definitely make a splash in the industry. But for us, that is not uncommon as we were the first company in the US market that actually released a well designed MIG/TIG/Stick unit with additional features that still aren’t matched by today’s competition, beginning way back in 2009.
    ----
    Hobart Handler 175

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Yeah,

    That's not a big surprise to me. I mean, that's about the average duty-cyle for Everlast stuff. My 210EXT is 60% at max amps, and was shown to actually exceed that in a video duty-cycle shootout.

    Everlast duty-cycles are stout!

    They seem to be conservatively rated, too.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Yeah,

    That's not a big surprise to me. I mean, that's about the average duty-cyle for Everlast stuff. My 210EXT is 60% at max amps, and was shown to actually exceed that in a video duty-cycle shootout.

    Everlast duty-cycles are stout!

    They seem to be conservatively rated, too.
    Still just waiting on delivery gentlemen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Yeah,

    You're in a envious position.

    I mean, you will undoubtedly be one of the very first people on planet earth to evaluate and give your impression on this welder unit market breakthrough.

    Do I recall correctly that you did have some welding background already?


    Quote Originally Posted by aaronUSMC View Post
    Still just waiting on delivery gentlemen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Yeah,

    You're in a envious position.

    I mean, you will undoubtedly be one of the very first people on planet earth to evaluate and give your impression on this welder unit market breakthrough.

    Do I recall correctly that you did have some welding background already?
    Nope, I'm the HvAC guy. Plenty of brazing but not much in the way of welding since high school about 15 years ago lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Well,

    Stick welding is the easiest, then, and there's no shielding gas needed. I'd get some some 6011 and 7018 rod at 1/8", which will take care of most any project. Burn rod on some plate, butt some metal togather, do some T-joints, outside corners, etc. Easy peasy!

    MIG is pretty easy also. It's a fast welding process too, which is great for doing larger stuff.

    TIG is a little tricky, in that it's a two-handed process. On ferrous metals, if you've done well on Stick and MIG, DC TIG is pretty quick to learn. But AC TIG on aluminum is trickier still, but not too tricky for the studious learner.

    Do you have a welding lid/hood yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronUSMC View Post
    Nope, I'm the HvAC guy. Plenty of brazing but not much in the way of welding since high school about 15 years ago lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Well,

    Stick welding is the easiest, then, and there's no shielding gas needed. I'd get some some 6011 and 7018 rod at 1/8", which will take care of most any project. Burn rod on some plate, butt some metal togather, do some T-joints, outside corners, etc. Easy peasy!

    MIG is pretty easy also. It's a fast welding process too, which is great for doing larger stuff.

    TIG is a little tricky, in that it's a two-handed process. On ferrous metals, if you've done well on Stick and MIG, DC TIG is pretty quick to learn. But AC TIG on aluminum is trickier still, but not too tricky for the studious learner.

    Do you have a welding lid/hood yet?
    I have all my gear that I need. I got it with my victor torches when I got them. Figured I would need welding gear as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    82

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    I bought an ESAB hood in preparation for my welding excursion, finances are still crap so i'm in a holding pattern while I sort it out.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Quote Originally Posted by XMilitary View Post
    I bought an ESAB hood in preparation for my welding excursion, finances are still crap so i'm in a holding pattern while I sort it out.
    I know ho that feels. Ex wife made sure I didn't have any cash or a credit score for several years brother. Hang in there and do what you can. It gets better


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    Maybe Mark (lugweld) will tell us when these babies are "on the water".

    Does that take about a week from there?

    Then do they unload in Oakland and take about a week for pick-up by Everlast?
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,637

    Re: Everlast 221 rumors/ Everlast forum

    No, offloaded in SF. Depending on Customs, same day or 3 days.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement