US gallon - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US gallon

Re: US gallon

Some fifty-five-gallon drums held 63 gallons. By actual calibrated measurement.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

And a barrel of oil is roughly 42 gal.
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e4b8e34b80.jpg

This made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...delurking to stir the pot...

Let me throw in: U.S. Survey Foot vs International Foot

...running for cover...
    Mike "Dodis"

Century 135 MIG
    Miller Thunderbolt XL AC (working on DC converter) (SCORE! got a H/F box off eBay for this one too) now gotta get busy!!!
    Harbor Freight 130 TIG
    Oxy/Propane Victor Torch

Quote Originally Posted by FlaJoe View Post
    I don't know about the difference in gallons but a lot of the changes in the US word spelling and monetary system occurred the Revolutionary War. A lot of things were changed due to anti-British sentiment but also the US, lead by people like Benjamin Franklin, used it as an opportunity to clean up a lot of antiquated British spelling such as replacing colour with color, centre with center, etc. In the US, the history of British dominated New England is often passed off as the history of colonial America so it's easy to forget that there were many other cultures and systems here other than English so being a brand new country, the US was able adopt the best of each each one and wasn't forced into the continuation of things like the quirky British monetary system of pennies, ha'pennies, farthings, pence, quid, shillings, thrupence, pounds, bobs, quineas, etc.

And before someone asks why the US did adopt the SI or Metric system at this nations founding, it wasn't invented or standardized until much later.
    After the American Revolution, England had to burn her basic documents, or there would have been a civil war at home. The colonies broke away because they read the documents that were created during Englands revolution from Rome. They, of course, recognized that taxation was the devil's work and not part of a healthy society.

That is what England had figured out, that a country with real men as leaders naturally guaranteed a fortune for all its citizens. In other words, a countries citizens are naturally wealthy; poverty requires a lot of hard work by the devil to pull off.
    That is because it is hard to tell smart, wealthy individuals to do stupid things. While poverty often allows a fool with a few dollars to make the incredibly stupid possible.

Paying taxes is not a right or Godly act, it is doing the devils work.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Bill............taxes make it possible for you to drive to Daylight Donuts without breaking the axle on your pickup. Somebody gotta pay for the roads.

And taxes pay for the FDA to make sure you don't exceed your daily allowance of rodent feces, and fly parts, in the flour used to make them there donuts

So.........in retrospect........taxes are somewhat, if not entirely.........beatific

Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    So.........in retrospect........taxes are somewhat, if not entirely.........beatific
    Well, you are no less a man than our founding fathers George Washington and Benjamin Franklin, that is exactly what they thought. I mean they fought wars in their sox because there was no money left in England to buy them boots. Of course your country wants you to slaughter the enemy quickly; boots would certainly help that.

They had canceled all taxes in the colonies because word got out that England had been hanging men that stood up for their rights. There were laws on the books for one-hundred years expressly forbidding impressment, the kidnapping of citizens for forced Naval duty. It had been going on in the colonies for almost one-hundred years. No one had the law books.

George Washington and Benjamin Franklin knew that it was only a matter of time before the troops would come and put down this peaceful uprising, which was allowing families to eat and have clothes at the same time.
    They decided that they must figure out every system a country uses so that they could implement those systems themselves if it came to war. When they came to tying the value of their new dollar to gold, they decided that Benjamin Franklin would print the money, and George Washington would bring some of his wife's gold. They would demo their system and new currency. Everything was going well, acting as the government, Benjamin Franklin purchased one hundred dollars of gold from George Washington. They then decided until such time that they figure out how they could lower the tax they would just mimic the fifty percent taxes that England had been inflicting upon them.
    George Washington then took the one hundred dollars of printed money he received from Benjamin Franklin and bought one hundred dollars of imaginary farm equipment from Thomas Jefferson. Benjamin Franklin, acting as the government immediately-demanded fifty dollars from George Washington. The government now in possession of the gold and fifty dollars of the cash Benjamin Franklin just printed was getting rich quick. When Thomas Jefferson bought fifty-five dollars of imaginary seed from John Adams, Benjamin Franklin was right there to collect twenty-five dollars from Thomas Jefferson. So in minutes or two exchanges of money, the U.S. government had taken possession of one hundred dollars worth of gold, and recovered seventy five dollars of the one hundred dollars put in circulation. With that gold, they could build roads or install lighting. It quickly became apparent that the government had unlimited spending power.

Our founding fathers 22 of them shook and trembled for 22 days and nights without sleep as they tried to get their minds around this horrid fact. Especially in those times when men were men and honor was all important. Certainly, this brazen slap in the face, the ill-treatment of their countries own citizens, was too much to be true. Unfortunately, it was true. It also meant there is no way to tie money to gold or anything else. In fact, money is just a fancy thank you note. Originally in America, you could if you were an artist draw your own money and use it to trade. There is no hard connection between money and objects. After the war, England was quick to spread lies that America's dollar was worthless because they did not tie their money to gold. Even though England never had and could never have done that, as long as they were collecting taxes.

A penny tax on the dollar will collect every dollar printed and return it to the government so they can burn the old dollars and give out fresh, clean dollars for health purposes.

We've been duped, boys, one more time.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

In the Colonial days before you could sell something the seller had to purchase tax stamps. Shipping stamps, cross the state line stamps. In some cases it would cost you to sell something to someone just across the river in another state.

They had destroyed all the dutch metal works, and basically created a ban on guns. You could not go hunting unless you used a bow and arrow. Of course some people living in the wilderness had muskets but only a handful. Most weapons were kept by British troops or National Gaurd.

It was a rough place to live. Most of the healthy guys ended up on prison ships, impressed into naval service, or hung. If you had an opinion you were a an enemy.

When the internet filled with nonesense can no longer hide intellgent thoughts and truths they will do it again.

Sincerely,

Wiliam McCormick

I see that the Old Imperial Wine gallon of Queen Ann was 231 cubic inches so it probably came from there, after all if you've just drunk a gallon of wine you have the left over barrel so why not put it to practical use.

Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    In the Colonial days before you could sell something the seller had to purchase tax stamps. Shipping stamps, cross the state line stamps. In some cases it would cost you to sell something to someone just across the river in another state.

They had destroyed all the dutch metal works, and basically created a ban on guns. You could not go hunting unless you used a bow and arrow. Of course some people living in the wilderness had muskets but only a handful. Most weapons were kept by British troops or National Gaurd.

It was a rough place to live. Most of the healthy guys ended up on prison ships, impressed into naval service, or hung. If you had an opinion you were a an enemy.

When the internet filled with nonesense can no longer hide intellgent thoughts and truths they will do it again.

Sincerely,

Wiliam McCormick
    "or hung"

I'd rather be hung (actually WELL hung), than hanged Name:  mutley.gif
Views: 45
Size:  9.3 KB