New "Vulcan" welder line? - Page 28
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Re: New "Vulcan" welder line?

I say purchase the welder you want, or can afford. That Hobart Handler 210MVP is a good machine. A buddy has one and loves it!
    Off topic >>> I notice a large portion of Miller owners, but NOT all Miller owners, are like Snap-On folks...Arrogant and blinded to other makes and models of tools (welding equipment).
    Its like the old chevy argument... we've all heard this one..."I wouldn't own anything but a chevy". My thought on this?... "Good for you".

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    I use stone tools when that's all that's needed LOL... There is nothing wrong with wanting the good old reliability of a transformer based machine. Especially if it is just used and owned by a shade tree mechanic or home hobbyist. I mean seriousely if you are not welding for a living and making money hand over fist using your machines on a daily basis then there is no real world need "edit: requirement" for all the fancy doohickies of the inverter based machines that will inevitably fail and cause the end user grief when they have to fork out some more cash to buy another machine not to mention figuring out what the next machine will be. Then you have to get accustomed to the new machine and all it's little nuances.
    The last stick/tig Hobart and mig Miller I had was 40 years tell I sold it working
    The power coming to some will have transformed over 100 years old
    Try any with tv, smart phone or any electronic using IC's chips

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by smithdoor; 11-25-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    Harbor freight170
    Victor Torch
    HF 4X6 band saw
    South Bend 9 Lathe
    HF Mill
    B&D Mag Drill
    Amazon books that may help
    Machinist Handbook
    Machinist Guide
    Single To Three Phase Simplified
    groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/southbendlathe9/info

Quote Originally Posted by joe3 View Post
    Its like the old chevy argument... we've all heard this one..."I wouldn't own anything but a chevy". My thought on this?... "Good for you".
    LOL Bingo...
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Well if we are going to compare cars to tools, lets just say that HF products are right up there with the Yugo. For those that buy the new Vulcans, I truly hope you have good luck with them.

Respectfully, this is a Harbor Freight Vulcan thread, not a transformer shill thread.

The recent and elusive welding web poll measured HF 86% approval rating amongst WW members and HF haters at 6%.

I didn’t vote in the poll but I predict the Vulcan line in 900 stores will be a game changer.

And a peek on Alibaba says Vulcans are a tiny fraction of the variety of welding machines being manufactured outside the US.

As the Chinas adopt the principals of W. Edwards Deming . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Welding Water View Post
    Respectfully, this is a Harbor Freight Vulcan thread, not a transformer shill thread.

The recent and elusive welding web poll measured HF 86% approval rating amongst WW members and HF haters at 6%.

I didn’t vote in the poll but I predict the Vulcan line in 900 stores will be a game changer.

And a peek on Alibaba says Vulcans are a tiny fraction of the variety of welding machines being manufactured outside the US.

As the Chinas adopt the principals of W. Edwards Deming . . . .
    Being Deming trained (forced) I agree with your post. He used his philosophy to build Japan into a high quality exporter. Deming always preached that the definition of quality is "Low Variability". So far in my travels. He has been right.

New Hobart welders coming out are from China, now where are all the China bashers.
    HH140 Mig with Argon
    Makita 9005BZ 9 amp 5"
    Dewalt DWE402 11 amp 4.5"

B&D Industrial 9"
    B&D Industrial PortaBand

Former QA/Lab Tech, Engineering Tech, Fab Tech, or whatever tech needed at any given time.-
    Now full time retard.

I'm not even a China basher. I also wouldn't buy one of the new Hobart stickmates because I'm just leery of inverters. Now one of the transformer models that are on clearance interests me. I simply prefer to do business with a company that has a network of service centers and a history of serving the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    New Hobart welders coming out are from China, now where are all the China bashers.
    That's just like the Honda EU2000I suitcase generators. A beautiful piece of equipment. Now made in Thailand. Its on the box and on the generator.
    The Yamaha suit case generator, the EF2000IS,also a beautiful piece of equipment is made in China and made well! Its says on the box and also on the product.
    Bash away! Especially you hard core Miller guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Being Deming trained (forced) I agree with your post. He used his philosophy to build Japan into a high quality exporter. Deming always preached that the definition of quality is "Low Variability". So far in my travels. He has been right.
    I am a disciple of Demming. People ignore him at their peril. Look for inverters to find favor as Demming has his day. Transformers will find a niche in industrial welders where there is more margin.
    Last edited by oak1971; 11-26-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    HH140 Mig with Argon
    Makita 9005BZ 9 amp 5"

B&D Industrial 9"
    B&D Industrial PortaBand

Former QA/Lab Tech, Engineering Tech, Fab Tech, or whatever tech needed at any given time.-
    Now full time retard.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Hobart and Miller have only been "assembled" here for years. Engine drives included as well as most Smith regulators. Simple proof is to go look at the box they come in. It plainly says Assembled in USA. Now they will be full Import like every other brand.

Name:  cartoon-gw-heresy-lg.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  17.4 KB
    HH140 Mig with Argon
    Makita 9005BZ 9 amp 5"

B&D Industrial 9"
    B&D Industrial PortaBand

Now full time retard.

So, 28 pages of useless crap, when someone googles Vulcan Reviews. This thread is the #1 result, so that's what I just did, before logging in right now.

For those using the warranty as a selling point for Squarewave 200 vs ProTIG200, people don't know how to cheat the system.

For the same price as the Squarewave 200 at my LWS ($1522), I can have a 15 (14) year warranty on the ProTIG 200.

WHAT YOU SAY?!

Yeah! So with a 2 year replacement plan, it comes out to $980. That leaves $542 difference from the Syncrowave. At the end of the three years (I'm not really sure that works, or if the two years start on date of purchase like everything else), you make up some simple story about how it doesn't weld anymore. 95% of the employees do not know how to use 80% of the tools in the store. They don't care really.

So you have your replacement in hand, you CAN by a 2 year replacement on the new one in hand. BOOM!

So with that $542, you can do that 6 times, for 12 years warranty, and still have $62 left over.

When I was going to school for welding, I worked nights and weekends at HFT. In fact, I'm about to start again because I miss the discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by joe3 View Post
    That's just like the Honda EU2000I suitcase generators. A beautiful piece of equipment. Now made in Thailand. Its on the box and on the generator.
    The Yamaha suit case generator, the EF2000IS,also a beautiful piece of equipment is made in China and made well! Its says on the box and also on the product.
    Bash away! Especially you hard core Miller guys.
    Last time I was in the Yamaha shop..(2017)all their generators were made in Japan. (sitting right next to the flagship R1-M made in Japan too)That included the EF2000is So maybe not all of the production is made in China.. Thailand builds many Kawasaki motorcycles, and are as good as Japan made units.

Now looking at the HF units,,seems kind of cheap feeling in build quality overall. Does not mean, they don't work well though..
    Last edited by Brand X; 12-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Esab 2200i-TA34 Sweden
    Esab C-160i Poland
    Hypertherm 45XP US
    Lincoln LF-72/LN-25 pro feeders US
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Japan
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s Japan
    Thermal 38XL US

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!:

Yes HF prices have been going up. The son took the business over with a huge farher son lawsuit a few years ago.