New "Vulcan" welder line? - Page 19
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Re: New "Vulcan" welder line?

Quote Originally Posted by Noble18 View Post
    Huh. That seems like a rather fundamental issue. And they never sent you a replacement machine to test?

Related question: Are you able to take the cover off of the 165 and take a photo of the insides?
    No they never gave me another 165 as I was knee deep in using the 200. I'm gonna guess the small number of pre-production 165s all had the bug, since corrected I am told.

I gave the 165 back, so would not be able to show the internals. I don't think they had any to give me.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    Miller Dynasty700DX, Dynasty350DX 2ea., Dynasty200DX, ThermalArc 400 GTSW, LincolnSW200 2ea., MillerMatic350P, MillerMatic200 with spoolgun, MKCobraMig260, Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm 1250

Quote Originally Posted by Noble18 View Post
    Huh. That seems like a rather fundamental issue. And they never sent you a replacement machine to test?

Related question: Are you able to take the cover off of the 165 and take a photo of the insides?
    No they never gave me another 165 as I was knee deep in using the 200. I'm gonna guess the small number of pre-production 165s all had the bug, since corrected I am told.

I gave the 165 back, so would not be able to show the internals. I don't think they had any to give me.
    Miller Dynasty700DX, Dynasty350DX 2ea., Dynasty200DX, ThermalArc 400 GTSW, LincolnSW200 2ea., MillerMatic350P, MillerMatic200 with spoolgun, MKCobraMig260, Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm 1250

Quote Originally Posted by ATZAR View Post
    I wish I could be part of your tig clinic as I would love to have my way with that Protig200
    The clinic went well. Had 8 college kids yesterday and I had all of them adding rod to the puddle by the end of the 3 hour session. I had two first timers sit down with the tig200 and they took right to it. I spent more time with them and they too were feeding rod by the end of the 3 hour session. They did not seem to mind the wonky foot pedal as much as I did. I tripped the pedal a couple of times.

They all got excited when I told them I was given permission to bring one of the pre-production units over during their ACSE bridge build, as they only have a Maxstar to tig with, as I won't be using it. They need to drag it around plugged into house current welding 16gauge to 12gauge steel. I told them they don't need the pulse on.

Yeah,

That seems to be the case with most MIG units that are also advertised as "multi" DC TIG capable, i.e., they don't have HF arc starts, often don't even use a gas solenoid, and don't include the TIG accessories.

But as someone here on WW has stated, they got the OMNI, not for the potential TIG option, but because it has inductance adjustment and some other features over the standard Vulcan 215 MIG, which sounds very sensible.

So, again, that's why I generally think a MIG unit and a separate AC/DC TIG is called for if you want to do all three processes.

There's only a few MIG units that have HF TIG starts, gas solenoids for TIG, and includes all TIG accessories; which are Everlast ubits, except maybe also including the Miller Syncrowave 210, which only includes MIG via an optional spoolgun.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToMake View Post
    I just looked at the Omni 220 manual. It depicts a torch set up with a gas line directly from the regulator to the Dinse. And a valve on the torch.

Something tells me this machine lacks integrated post flow.

Can someone sanity check me

That's a deal breaker IMO.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma