Enough is enough - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    Change the rotor. I have seen rotors fail where the spark will ground to the distributor shaft.
    Sedanman, thank you

I read your post and went down and pulled off the cap, took the rotor and checked it with a meter, it had continuity from the button to the shaft. Put the old rotor on and checked the mag, 4 plugs sparking. So then I timed the mag, checked the engine timing, put it all back together, and two revolutions with the starter and it was running. And not to bad either, she has a small skip but I think it should work out.

I am out of time tonight, but this week I will set the timing, check the OCV, set the high idle and low idle, and use the machine

Thank you gents.
    Last edited by Hoff907; 08-20-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Re: Enough is enough

An update, the machine is running and starts great, I set the timing and high idle. It really welds nice, but if you fire up a rod it does well for a little bit and then bogs down, almost like it's running out of gas, and then comes back, but you can hear it hunting. Maybe the governor settings? I noticed the sensitivity is set near the end of the arm

But it welds great, really amazing