Remaking a '46 short hood - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Remaking a '46 short hood

. . . and it can vary from an updraft to a downdraft or anything in between.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

4 out of the 5 voices in my head say "Go for it".

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeliner View Post
    By original, do you mean the one on the left or right?

Attachment 1705821
    I have just barely made journeyman on this website so you will need to tell me which one is original for a '46 code 671. Mine did not have one on it. Are they for sale and if so how much?

Thumbs up Re: Remaking a '46 short hood

By original, do you mean the one on the left or right?

Attachment 1705821
    I have just barely made journeyman on this website so you will need to tell me which one is original for '46 code 671. Mine did not have one on it. Are they for sell and if so how much?

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    My "paint booth" air flow is based on the wind velocity at any given time. Love bugs and other "assistants" have been known to occasionally get stuck in the paint too.
    You and Pipeliner are welcome to drop by and use my booth anytime! Now you have given me another idea for a post. I have a series of pictures from the remaking of a large Devilbiss paint both that I re-purposed for painting welders. I purchased the booth, which was in a scrap pile, for $500 from a company that used to make cabinets for the old bar video games such pong and pacman. Do you think I should post them?

Quote Originally Posted by SKP View Post
    You and Pipeliner are welcome to drop by and use my booth anytime! Now you have given me another idea for a post. I have a series of pictures from the remaking of a large Devilbiss paint both that I re-purposed for painting welders. I purchased the booth, which was in a scrap pile, for $500 from a company that used to make cabinets for the old bar video games such pong and pacman. Do you think I should post them?
    Sure, post the pics up! The majority here like to see pics!
    A few of my toys !
    Manjaro
    LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    HTP MTS 160
    Victor O/A

Do you think I should post them?
    Absolutely! Why not?
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

4 out of the 5 voices in my head say "Go for it".

Yes post them! Very interesting topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1968-'70 Lincoln SA 200 code 6633
    Millermatic 200 serial#JE834063

I will post the paint booth project for welders as soon as I can round up the pictures, add a few new ones and organize them in a coherent narrative. Thanks for the interest!

I have just barely made journeyman on this website so you will need to tell me which one is original for '46 code 671. Mine did not have one on it. Are they for sell and if so how much?
    Originally a hand crank only model would've had the one on the left. The hang down offset tube allowed clearance for the crankcase breather pipe on the left side of the valve cover. That 1/2" elbow and pipe is what it left the factory with. If you notice, later model shorthoods with electric start have the thin wall one piece crankcase breather "tube" on the right side of the valve cover (like all later sa200's). Plus, the "newer" version shorthood oil bath has the heat tube option.

These were just images I found to show the differences. Not mine. The older hang down snorkel type are very hard to find. I've seen both types go for crazy money in the past. To the right person, your guys price would be like a blue light special at K-mart.

For the amount of sweat equity you have in your shorthood project, it deserves an original of either version.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  139.8 KB
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"

Originally a hand crank only model would've had the one on the left. The hang down offset tube allowed clearance for the crankcase breather pipe on the left side of the valve cover. That 1/2" elbow and pipe is what it left the factory with. If you notice, later model shorthoods with electric start have the thin wall one piece crankcase breather "tube" on the right side of the valve cover (like all later sa200's). Plus, the "newer" version shorthood oil bath has the heat tube option.

These were just images I found to show the differences. Not mine. The older hang down snorkel type are very hard to find. I've seen both types go for crazy money in the past. To the right person, your guys price would be like a blue light special at K-mart.

For the amount of sweat equity you have in your shorthood project, it deserves an original of either version.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  139.8 KB
    You are right Pipeliner, I think I will go back to my old short hood used parts supplier and see if he has a snorkel type. If he does I will buy it and paint it to match either the gray or nectarine candy.