Machinist needed
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Machinist needed

I have 2 different parts I need made. I can provide prints for both . Emailing them would be the easiest or I can text them to you. I am near central Ohio and can PayPal money or send uses money order for payment. Thank you!

Re: Machinist needed

What exactly do you need done?

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Name:  20170807_171823.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  50.0 KBName:  20170807_171759.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  60.8 KB

Something around 1018 cold rolled for material. Basically need to make 4 1 3/4" bearings fit a 1 1/4" shafts and the 2 cones will slide over 1 1/4" bar to align in holes. This is for a portable line boring set up. All of my bearings, bearing plates and bore welder are set up for the 1 3/4" bar I currently have. However when I have the need arise to bore something say 1 1/2 in diameter I can't.

It would be very beneficial to make the line up cones out of aluminium.

While I don't completely disagree. ..... I prefer steel on the cones as you can be rougher with them as they don't tend to want to bite in whilevery getting them centered. My opinion of course. Care to comment on why you think otherwise?

Aluminum would not last long. I have a static balancing fixture that I made aluminum cones for and I hav to be very gentile with them when installing tightening and removing them. Even being gentle they are staring to get chewed up. Go with steel or even harden the surface if you can . I make all my own stuff on my lathe but I do not do much for others on it. I can do it but I am too slow to make any money with it.

Man. Grab the yellow pages and look under " tool and die' or general machine shops. Ohio is fulla them.Thats cake work for a decent machine shop
    BTW a real machinist will use 4140hT for those

I have had a set of aluminium cones for 15 yrs. I much prefer them over the steel ones. They are still original and no blemishes on them. You can get aluminium stock that is quite hard. It may not seem like much weight difference but it is much easier to keep the alum ones tight as the steel ones will tend to slide out of the bore easier just from their own weight.

did You ever find anyone?