Bad news unfortunately - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Bad news unfortunately

So sorry to hear this. I never had the chance to meet you on here, but they say a persons' greatness can be measured by the friends he/she has and the words spoken of them. According to this you was a legend.
    R-TECH I-MIG 180 Dual Function MIG/MMA

Sad news indeed, he left way too soon. RIP John. From his posts you could tell he definitely didn't mind working and getting his hands dirty.
    RD

1984 Chevrolet C30 welding truck
    1966 Lincoln SA200 Continental F162
    1942 Lincoln SA200 Hercules IXB-5
    1991 Lincoln LN25

sorry to hear this.I have not been on here much,very busy.Liked his posts,RIP JOHN.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    ... I have two biological sons, together with three or four more who seem to need a father. ... I will mourn his death.

Willie
    Indeed. I have (had) two sons. I'm on my third "need a Dad". First two just needed a safe haven (above my garage) for a year or two. Current 30-year-old one has a bedroom upstairs and needs a little more upkeep besides free rent. But he's coming around. Jonathan was amazing ... so sad.
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Quote Originally Posted by Oldendum View Post
    Indeed. I have (had) two sons. I'm on my third "need a Dad". First two just needed a safe haven (above my garage) for a year or two. Current 30-year-old one has a bedroom upstairs and needs a little more upkeep besides free rent. But he's coming around. Jonathan was amazing ... so sad.
    Why didn't he say something?
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Why didn't he say something?
    He kept his age secret for some time. When I learned his age I asked why the secrecy? He answered that "Nobody respects a kid." I replied I respect those who deserve respect. Those who behave in a way they don't have to be ashamed of will have my respect.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

He kept his age secret for some time. When I learned his age I asked why the secrecy? He answered that "Nobody respects a kid." I replied I respect those who deserve respect. Those who behave in a way they don't have to be ashamed of will have my respect.
    I was a text buddy with John for a good 18 months or so, then I stopped hearing from him around 3 months before... Even sent him some parts for this and that.
    I gave him some advice on projects and kind of cheered him on, sent him a bunch of my work pics too. He did seem to have some issues with people that were "overcritical" with his posts. I really think he was a good kid, but may have been a little too hard on himself for his age. I doubt the Weldingweb guys were the cause... He took most of the advice fairly well. I really miss chatting with him.

Sometime you just don't know. They appear to have most everything going good for them, but are tormented inside.

Weekend before last, (December 2nd) a good friend of mine with a close family strung himself up in his barn. He hung there most of the day before his daughter found him when feeding the livestock in the evening. I'm sure she'll never forget the sight but everybody said he was his normal self earlier that morning.

You never know.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

Years ago, a local store owner, the third generation to own the business was diagnosed with Cancer. He sat on his back porch. His wife asked if he wanted supper. He said yes. As she stepped inside he put a double barreled shotgun in his mouth, and pulled both triggers.

To do such a horrible thing to a loved one is a dramatic thing. Suicide I understand if it is a matter of death with dignity. Leaving a loved one to deal with that horror, I don't understand.

I was working on adapting an old flatbed to a different truck yesterday and was thinking of John. Found this post this morning, very sorry to hear this news. I have a deep respect for his desire to learn and master his trade as well as his work ethic. I found him to be an inspiration. RIP John.
    Millermatic 252
    1965 SA-200 (burns oil)
    1975 Miller 55g (leaks oil)

Sorry to read this, he seemed like a good man.
    Lincoln Weld-Pak
    Sears buzz box

Never knew John but it really makes you sad to read how talented and humble he was and yet this happens. Hard to even fathom. RIP John.

To do such a horrible thing to a loved one is a dramatic thing. Suicide I understand if it is a matter of death with dignity. Leaving a loved one to deal with that horror, I don't understand.
    Sometimes the darkness is so black that nothing, absolutely nothing can be seen. What would be even more tragic would be the loved one to end up in that dark place also.