305D auto idle
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: 305D auto idle

305D auto idle

My 305D auto idle seems to have crapped out on me and won't idle down after welding for a bit. If you pop the side cover off the machine you can manually idle it down by pushing the throttle. The solenoid that controls the idle will then rev it back up to weld again when you need to. Anyone have any ideas were to look to get it fixed? Thanks all.
    Lincoln Mig Pak 140
    Lincoln Ranger 305D
    Victor Torches

Re: 305D auto idle

new solenoid?

old lincolns were powered (working) to get you to low idle, and wanted to high idle without electrocity. so any fault in the electrical system or solenoid would kick you to high idle so you could work still.

check voltage coming into the solenoid and chase the issue from there
    bosses stuff:
    trailblazer 325
    maxstar 200

my stuff:
    sa 200
    fronius transpocket 180
    100 amp Lincoln w/f
    97 f350 DIT

Kevin

I have a 305g at work that would constantly hunt-idle up then come back down and repeat this constantly making the machine useless to weld with. I took all the skins off and with the engine off found that the plunger in the solenoid housing was binding. I blew it out and sprayed WD40 in it. operated it manually with the engine off and binding -sticking all freed up. Now it works like new. Maybe that's it-maybe not. It worked for me this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Weldboy View Post
    I have a 305g at work that would constantly hunt-idle up then come back down and repeat this constantly making the machine useless to weld with. I took all the skins off and with the engine off found that the plunger in the solenoid housing was binding. I blew it out and sprayed WD40 in it. operated it manually with the engine off and binding -sticking all freed up. Now it works like new. Maybe that's it-maybe not. It worked for me this time.
    Thanks for the help guys! Turned out mine must of been dirty too. A cleaning and shot of penetrating oil and its working for now
    Lincoln Mig Pak 140
    Lincoln Ranger 305D
    Victor Torches