64 red face closed to finish !
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

64 red face closed to finish !

Okay promised to post picture soon!! Real closed to finish !!Average one rebuild every 5 years,, very good at buying them!! just don"t have time restored them! hoping to get back on this weekend paint hood and doors , just life come quick!!couple month got away since last work on her,, so have added electronic idler,electronic distributor ,remote switch/box almost finish wiring got fired up idler work with grinder ,, stop for month working on her was not welding just little sparkle ,,got red wire coming out barrel to plug,, blue wire to center of remote switch ,,and back coming to idler board,,, so leave me two wires left one coming from 2 o'clock brush holder that used go to old r57 that tape together when took apart also hook to positive lug ,, think yellow,(don"t need no more?), ,, and last wire coming out barrel think tan/cloth thinking this one hook to shunt ,, thinking 98% that need hook this wire to the receptacle to black side to get 110 to shunt ?Thanks

Re: 64 red face closed to finish !

Pics? Where are the pics? I dont see no pics!

say wut

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTIG View Post
    say wut
    He say pics but I dont see any. Do you?

Charlie,
    With the electronic idler you don't need the yellow wire from the brush holder or the one to the (+) output post. Disconnect and pull them out to clean up the wiring.

A red wire should run from the red one on the auxiliary receptacle (silver screw) to the outer terminal of the rheostat.

The "tan" one is likely the brown wire from the 2 o'clock main shunt coil. This one should connect to the black wire that comes from the right (+) exciter brush holder. The connection can be made at one of the "B" or "L" terminals of the idler control board. The terminal designation will depend on who's board you're using. Do not hook this to the receptacle or the idler board will always see a load and never allow the engine to idle down.

Then there needs to be another black wire from the other "B" or "L" terminal at the idler board to the other side of the receptacle (brass screw) to complete the system circuits.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

4 out of the 5 voices in my head say "Go for it".

pictures soooooon !! night tonight!! need finish her up posted all at one time

Thanks Duane ,,think got idler board from Hybrid weld ? so need splice tan/brown wire to black from exciter? this should be my second connection on this idler board,from left to right,, first connection white wire solenoid,second connection black from exciter(this one splice tan/brown too) 3rd goes 120volt receptacle,, 4th red wired reed switch and 5th to yellow idler switch hopefully spliced wire tomorrow night burn few rods ,thanks

Yes, you have the connection order correct.

FYI, the black and black/brown wires can be interchanged at the "B" terminals just as long as the brown wire is only connected to the black wire coming from the right exciter (+) brush.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

4 out of the 5 voices in my head say "Go for it".