SA200 black face reed switch question.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

SA200 black face reed switch question.

2 damn reed switches now, and they're so brittle when they go into the porcelain piece on the negative lead they break. $20 after shipping each time. Do they absolutely need to be in that porcelain between the negative lead or not? It seems like a good way for it to break in something that rattles for hours on end.

And help would be great thanks.

Re: SA200 black face reed switch question.

Got mine hooked to selector switch,? Got my idler kit Hybrid Weld looks like there reed switch is all metal with hi temp cloth? will see if that case? peek under cloth see if has porcelain

Yesterday, I got a reed switch from BW Parts. It comes inside a plastic tube, that does not fit into the copper strap loops as it should. Thinking about wrapping in electrical tape to cushion the glass body from vibration of the copper strap.

Quote Originally Posted by 24vwelder View Post
    2 damn reed switches now, and they're so brittle when they go into the porcelain piece on the negative lead they break. $20 after shipping each time. Do they absolutely need to be in that porcelain between the negative lead or not? It seems like a good way for it to break in something that rattles for hours on end.

And help would be great thanks.
    Porcelain or hard fiber? I've had to run a drill bit thru them to size it for the glass tube to fit. Make sure the copper strap coils aren't causing the tube to form a curve that restricts the reed switch from fitting.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

4 out of the 5 voices in my head say "Go for it".

Glad to see you back, Duane