Imig 275P in pelican style case.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Imig 275P in pelican style case.

I have an MTS 250 now but it has some draw backs for what I want/need. The 275P has the features I want to replace the MTS but it still comes in what I would refer to a shop welder type case. I want one that has the same features but in a better type of package for portable work in the field. I also find that the synergic function is more a gimmick than anything unless you just have no clue how to set up a mig welder. I use my MTS to some extent this way but its draw backs and the case configuration have limited it. I carry a Miller 12VS extreme to fill the void .

Is there any plan to come out with a Imig 275P with more portable field friendly capability that maybe has some aditional vibration protection and a weather resistant case, longer gun/flux core gun? If they did I would buy 2, one for hard wire use/ dual shield and one for flux core with a dedicated flux core gun.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: Imig 275P in pelican style case.

No. It's made as small as it can already. You can buy any length gun you want though.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

As Lugweld said, as I own one, I can't imagine it being any smaller. One could make it more weather resistant but I can't see that being a big sales advantage and it certainly would increase the cost. I've never had a 'weather resistant' welder but don't tell that to all the Miller XR boxes I've used in the weather, in Alaska, that because they most certainly were no more weather resistant than the 275....

I wish the 275 had been available when I got the MTS. I will have to think on it for a while before I pull the trigger again. The MTS has a lot of good features but I have no need of them for what I do with it. Maybe if I can sell the MTS I will get a 275P