Help with my Everlast Tig 185 DV- Will not weld aluminum - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Help with my Everlast Tig 185 DV- Will not weld aluminum

Hill-billy flow verifier : Get a cup of water and start an arc on some work, not enogh to heat it up, just enough to get gas flow. Now put the end of the torch in the cup of water, you shoudl see it making bubbles as the gas escapes the end of the torch.

I've never had a problem hearing it, and if it's too loud you can feel it too. Run a bead to get things warmed up and them put the torch near your face, you can feel the hot gas on your face as it cools the torch/tungsten.

My 350 EXT has a purge button, that is nice when I change out between my 26 torch and the compact 20.
    Last edited by Chad86tsi; 09-14-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jca0951 View Post
    Sorry man but I'm going with everlast's recommendations. This all started right after I put the very second bottle of gas on my machine. I have checked every fitting on the machine and tank. None of them leak at all. He also said that I should not really be able to hear has. The cup I am using is a number 6 and he said 12-15 cfh is plenty. He said I may actually be using too much at 20 cfh. Sorry dude but I gotta go with the manufacturers opinion and the guy i talked to is a Tig welder himself. He said everything I told him pointed to bad gas. He said they had a real bad problem all over the country with it.
    20 is not too much to blow your arc around and cause the issues you are having. You also never said you leak tested the fittings with soapy water. Think about it. Could it be bad gas sure...could it also be you didn't tighten something when putting the regulator back on..sure.
    We are all welders here. You have pages of suggestions and you don't even bother so why should we bother to help you further?
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

why are u one here then it u only trust his advice? Must not of whatch the 2 videos I just posted. And doesn't seem like he's helping much or it would be fixed or u don't listen. Why can't u run a simple bead with no filler like I asked and put the rod away? . I've seen a couple beads in this post but that's it, gas must has been decent then. Let's see 10 beads with no filler. Let's see it on steel or aluminum. U can run 30 cfh+ on a 6 cup imo. The fba member on here runs 50 he said and he's a pipe weldor not salesman.
    Last edited by motolife313; 09-14-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    20 is not too much to blow your arc around and cause the issues you are having. You also never said you leak tested the fittings with soapy water. Think about it. Could it be bad gas sure...could it also be you didn't tighten something when putting the regulator back on..sure.
    We are all welders here. You have pages of suggestions and you don't even bother so why should we bother to help you further?
    That's what I'm saying. We give him so many suggestions and how to diagnose this problem. If he would have listened he would found the problem by now.

My weld on the right and my cousins on the left . He'd pry think it was bad gas to if I didn't run that first bead right in front of him Name:  IMG_5519.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  101.3 KB

I'm pretty sure he tried to start on the right of my bead, and what do u know, looks just like your pics but both these welds came from same tank

I don't even own a #12 cup. That seems big. You'll need extra flow to make it work. Is there a gas lens? I would try 30 CFH, or a #8 cup. I use #7 with gas lens for almost everything except stainless.

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

I'm trying to show him what the flow can sound like willie. Happy birthday btw. What do you use for stainless?

When I use a cheap regulator at 60psi I can hear the gas flow, but when I got my profax which is 20 or 25psi I can't hear it.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

Wow, 84 posts and we still haven't figured it out? Epic

Well,

Its only been four days. And if it is bad gas, that is not something that can be remedied or proven until the OP gets some more from the vendor.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    When I use a cheap regulator at 60psi I can hear the gas flow, but when I got my profax which is 20 or 25psi I can't hear it.
    when I was whatching my buddy weld a rocker arm at baisleys u couldn't hear anything but argon flow. He was on a syncrowave 350 and 5 cup 20 cfh, they use aerowave for aluminum, that welder cost like 7000 back in the mid 80's and only made it for 2 years becuse no one knew how to work it. It's a inverter. I bet u would notice it if u listened for it

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    I'm trying to show him what the flow can sound like willie. Happy birthday btw. What do you use for stainless?
    I havent listened to a single thing you said because everyone either tells me not to do that or it does not help me at all. If it started when i got a new bottle of gas and everlast says bad gas. Then guess what......bad gas. Running a few damn beads with no filler isnt going to do a a damn thing if my filler melting is what im trying to fix and the aluminum melting before i even get the puddle started. Didnt ask for you to push me around when im trying to figure out a serious problem and dont have thousands to spend trying to get it fixed. Give wise advise next time or shut up.

Well,

Have you gotten some fresh Argon yet, to potentially settle your problem yet?
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

I've had a bad cylinder of gas. About 2% CO2 and it would weld steel, wouldn't weld aluminum for anything.
    SqWave 200
    Millermatic 190
    Airco 200 AC
    Hypertherm PM45
    Boice-Crane Band Saw
    Victor O/A

I havent listened to a single thing you said because everyone either tells me not to do that or it does not help me at all. If it started when i got a new bottle of gas and everlast says bad gas. Then guess what......bad gas. Running a few damn beads with no filler isnt going to do a a damn thing if my filler melting is what im trying to fix and the aluminum melting before i even get the puddle started. Didnt ask for you to push me around when im trying to figure out a serious problem and dont have thousands to spend trying to get it fixed. Give wise advise next time or shut up.
    sounds like bad torch angle and being a Pu$$y on the pedal to me

Your not even trying that's your problem. If it welds clean with out rod what does that tell u? U don't know because ur a rookie

That just makes me want to help....... let us know how the bottle of gas works out. I might point out that everlast has a vested interest in blaming anything but the machine....the welders on this site don't get paid and have no reason to stear you wrong.
    Just saying.

Sent from my SCH-I535PP using Tapatalk
    Multimatic 215 with spoolmate 150 and tig kit.
    Everlast 250ex
    Harris Portable Oxy/acetylene kit
    Hypotherm pm60
    Rigid 300 threader
    Flat head screwdriver
    Linemen pliers

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    #8 has worked OK thus far. I'll get a #12 when I need perfect color.

Thanks for the birthday wish.

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

sounds like bad torch angle and being a Pu$$y on the pedal to me
    Your not even trying that's your problem. If it welds clean with out rod what does that tell u? U don't know because ur a rookie
    Oh man, you calling some one else out for being a "rookie" is well, simply adorable. You know just enough about this subject to be dangerous and pose a serious educational navigation hazard to other beginners trying to learn or solve problems they're having.

Kind like you telling a total beginner to run a 1/8 stick out on 8 cup. That will make them lean the torch even more. Tell me what dangerous advise ive gave out?