Miller Syncrowave 180SD TIG with Cool Runner 3X, 20 torch, pedal, and leads.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Miller Syncrowave 180SD TIG with Cool Runner 3X, 20 torch, pedal, and leads.

Miller Syncrowave 180SD for sale. Bought New in 2003, been a very good machine for me. Added a Miller Cool Runner 3X in 2006 (rated for 500 AMPS) which was designed for the 350 and 250. Probalby 10 250 CF bottles have been run through it, so my best guess is 140 hours of weld time mostly making aluminum intake and stainless exhaust manifolds.

Good starter machine for full AC/DC capability. Never let me down and has never needed service. I was using regularly as a hobbiest untill I upgraded to a 350 amp inverter machine.

Comes with a used super flex 20 torch wtih a new power lead. Includes origional Miller foot pedal, ground clamp, never used SMAW stinger, and an air cooled 17 torch lead minus torch head. Just changed out the water in the cooler (100% Distilled).

Will include a starter kit of consumables so it's ready to weld minus bottle. Can be tested in my shop (borrowing my bottle), so you have a 100% guarantee it works just fine.

Sits on home made aluminum cart, Kind of ugly but functional. Can assist with loading with my cherry picker. Located in Forest Grove Oregon. Serial LC274312 . Stock 903600. Rated at 53 amps full load at 230 VAC.

$1500, or make offer. Pics upon request.

Re: Miller Syncrowave 180SD TIG with Cool Runner 3X, 20 torch, pedal, and leads.

I've been thinking about looking for an old syncrowave to get into welding, and decided to check out the classifieds just to get a feel for the market...just my luck you live close enough to stop by on a lunch break! Probably too much machine for me right now, but let me know if you get desperate to get rid of it

Re: Miller Syncrowave 180SD TIG with Cool Runner 3X, 20 torch, pedal, and leads.

Welcome to the forum. I'm in camas. What do u plan on welding? 180 really isn't that much. Should take care of all your steel but not so much the aluminum.

If you are doing Aluminum, the 180 is just enough for 1/4". I've done 3/8" with a bevel and healthy pre-heat, but really it's a 1/4" machine. I've welded extensivly on aluminum intake manifolds with mixed thickness and it never let me down.

If you are looking at doing steel/stainless, its a nice sized machine, I've never used full power for my steel/stainless projects.

Good price on a nice machine. The cooler and 20 torch are probably worth $4-500 alone.
    Hobart Handler 190
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

1/4" lol on steel maybe not aluminum and if so a tiny part. More like 1/8 bro.

Do you need pics? I've made 20 intakes with 1-3/4" x 16 gague tube or 1-1/2" sch 40 pipe to 3/8" flanges, and added 3/8" flanges to over 100 stock cast intakes. It will do it bro

Millers official rating is 3/16" BTW.
    Last edited by Chad86tsi; Yesterday at 11:51 AM.

Let's see the 1/4" aluminum welds and your intakes.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...table-band-saw post #8,

that 3/8" steel stand stand and the 1/4" aluminum guide was made with this welder.

One of the more recent intakes I made on ebay Item Number 162676189848
    Last edited by Chad86tsi; Yesterday at 12:04 PM.

Ya that's very impressive
    Last edited by motolife313; Yesterday at 12:23 PM.

found it that's a nice looking custom intake. The band saw weld must have been earlier. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by motolife313; Yesterday at 12:22 PM.

That machine would last a week on CL if that i think. Tig machines go fast

I'm at work and our firewall doesn't allow most websites, so I can't get to ebay to copy the link or the pics. You have all the info you need to find it. If you are interested in buying the welder, PM me your email and I'll send them direct when I get off work.

It's on Craigslist too, I have a guy looking at it this weekend, but craigslist is full of flakes so I won't call it sold untill it's gone.

If you are just here to troll the forums, I'm not interested in entertaining you.
    Last edited by Chad86tsi; Yesterday at 12:27 PM.

Well u are listing more then what the machine is capable of doing from what Miller says

and you are are listing less, with no justification or experience.

...Not to interrupt, but thanks for the welcome! I'm looking to do mostly automotive and garage furniture type projects. I don't have particular aluminum plans, but intakes manifolds are probably the biggest chunks of Al I might need to weld. They're not small of course, they probably hit 1/4" pretty easily. I've convinced myself that a stick/TIG machine is a good balance of capability to weld big crusty pieces of steel together in a hurry and having room to learn to do pretty welding on thin stuff.

Name:  IMG_2705.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  72.3 KBName:  IMG_2703.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  65.5 KBthese scooters are built from 1/8 and it took the syncrowave 250 over 250 amps to make the weld in certain areas. More trying to whatch after buyers back and keep them from being surprised as to why they can't weld 1/4 without waiting a year for it to puddle

I've welded an aluminum 6061 1-1/2" x 5" round to an aluminum 356 1350 tube yoke, several times. Total mass was about 2 pounds. Preheated in the oven to 230*, puddle formed in 8-10 seconds and was able to walk a good 15" bead around in about 1-1/2 minutes.

You want the buyer to be aware, that's fine. You want to want to under-rate the machine, make baseless claims, or compare apples to oranges, start your own thread.

I've offered the machine hooked up for the buyer to test :

Can be tested in my shop (borrowing my bottle), so you have a 100% guarantee it works just fine.

How could they possibly be surprised of anything if they run it themselves?