Wtb: Shaving stuff - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Wtb: Shaving stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    thats the one problem I have, the grain of my beard goes in a few directions, it was easy to shave with electric as you can just swirl around in any direction and not get sliced up....amazon just dropped the shaving cream at my door..ill see how it goes with the proper shaving cream..
    Yup, that's generally the way it goes. On my neck alone it goes a few different ways.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

using the right shaving cream made a difference in how the razor glided over the skin, alot less drag from just using the pre shave cream..heres a few pics of the weapon and supplies..lolName:  P9190034.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  140.0 KBName:  P9190037.jpg
Size:  227.6 KBName:  P9190035.jpg
Size:  53.3 KBName:  P9190036.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  48.1 KB

Add twice that amount of creme. Whip that dude up till you paint your face thick with lather. Nice setup though!
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 250D
    Miller Millermatic 200
    Bunch of old blue dinosaurs....

Quote Originally Posted by jontheturboguy View Post
    Add twice that amount of creme. Whip that dude up till you paint your face thick with lather. Nice setup though!
    ok, I will do tomorrow morning..thanxu..I could shave every 8 hours if I want, my beard grows like crazy.....I get blood spots in the same areas, is that because I keep shaving off the thin scab before the skin can heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    ok, I will do tomorrow morning..thanxu..I could shave every 8 hours if I want, my beard grows like crazy.....I get blood spots in the same areas, is that because I keep shaving off the thin scab before the skin can heal?
    I believe you are correct. This is where the alum or blood pencil will help. Also a good aftershave with some moisturizer in it.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 250D
    Miller Millermatic 200
    Bunch of old blue dinosaurs....

I guess this changed from a WTB thread to a "welding shavers unite" thread. Oh well. Anyone who has some old shaving stuff for sale, Im still interested. In the mean time...

Used a soap from D.R. Harris, Marlborough flavor. This is actually a re-visit of this soap as I bought it years ago, used it, and put it away frustrated at the soap's performance. The soap is a light sandalwood with a pleasing summer evening scent. The soap is in puck form, and very very hard. Cost is moderate, coming in at $20 for the puck which will last you for a very long time.

The lather is tough to produce on this soap, and once you obtain it, is not as thick as many shavers - myself included - would like. In fact, this is one of the poor qualities of this English made soap. The soap is super sensitive to how much water is added, and frankly, no matter what I did, the lather is just not there. The bubbles are large and soapy, the opposite of lather. The lather will dissipate off your face if left and is easily washed out of the mixing bowl once created. All poor qualities.

Once applied to the face, the soap does provide good action when going through the scruff. Drag is minimal through the hair, although you can feel the razor drag somewhat on the skin. The soap is mild in nature, however this is one of the few soaps that I always seemed to get nicked with, and today was no exception. I noticed no closer shave than with other, higher quality shave soaps, yet for some reason this soap produces nicks on my face no matter the blade of choice.

Lastly, as mentioned above, the lather cleans up almost instantly out of the mixing bowl and leaves a heavy white residue on all shaving components including the sink.

Overall, I give this soap a 5/10
    PROS
    -Can shave with it
    -Good action for going through scuff
    -Pleasant scent
    -Long lasting puck that is moderately priced
    CONS
    -Thin lather
    -Constant nicks
    -Not as slick as a soap should be
    -Tough to produce lather
    Miller Dynasty 200DX