Need assistance dating and pricing a Hobart T180
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Need assistance dating and pricing a Hobart T180

So, long story short, I somewhat inherited an old welder and now Inwood like to sell it. However, I do not know much about it and Hobart only sent me the owners manual with the only day let's being when they added the warning pages.

It is a T-180. It works, although someone had replaced the power cord at one point and did a cappy job. I just want to sell it for a fair price and try to get some of my money back that the guy whom left it took.

Any help would be wondeeful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Re: Need assistance dating and pricing a Hobart T180

call Hobart back, give them the serial number and spec number. see if they will tell you approximately when it was made.

It is so old that the date is immaterial. Obviously out of warranty and parts are probably rare.

If it works, which it likely does, someone would pay $150-300 in my opinion.
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
    10FtDrillBit.com

Sorry 75 to 100 bucks and even then that's pushing it, later model Lincoln 225AC are all over Craig's list for a hundred bucks.

It's worth a $100 for a man cave display. I gave $75 for this old Hobart that I restored for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

1990 Miller Dialarc 250
    1993 Miller Maxstar 140 STR
    2015 Lincoln MP210
    1966 Lincoln SA200 Redface

Worth about 50 bucks, I think they would be terrible to date though, real heavy, won't fit in the seats at the movies, don't like ice cream...

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    call Hobart back, give them the serial number and spec number. see if they will tell you approximately when it was made.
    Yeah I gave them all that info the first time around. I wouldn't be so interested if it wasn't both AC/DC and in working order.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Worth about 50 bucks, I think they would be terrible to date though, real heavy, won't fit in the seats at the movies, don't like ice cream...
    Yeah. Kind of rough around the edges too.!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by anegrotto08 View Post
    So, long story short, I somewhat inherited an old welder and now Inwood like to sell it. However, I do not know much about it and Hobart only sent me the owners manual with the only day let's being when they added the warning pages.

It is a T-180. It works, although someone had replaced the power cord at one point and did a cappy job. I just want to sell it for a fair price and try to get some of my money back that the guy whom left it took.

Any help would be wondeeful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Thank you everyone for your input. I didn't think I have some rare thing by no means. I just didn't want to give it away. But seeing as there isn't many options, I may just contact my buddy that teaches welding at the community college and see if he wants it for his class or something.

Quote Originally Posted by wb4rt View Post
    It is so old that the date is immaterial. Obviously out of warranty and parts are probably rare.

If it works, which it likely does, someone would pay $150-300 in my opinion.
    It does in fact work. Although someone replaced the power cord somewhere along the line and did a pretty crappy job, but that is an easy enough fix. And the manual, yes, quite a joke. It was more or less an instruction guide for welding in general

Hobart will tell you the year if you give them the serial number. i found an old machine that was made in 1946 and it works great. yours is probably made in the 1960s or early 70s, it has that look and its worth $150 or so with the cables. put it on craigslist and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cub102 View Post
    Hobart will tell you the year if you give them the serial number. i found an old machine that was made in 1946 and it works great. yours is probably made in the 1960s or early 70s, it has that look and its worth $150 or so with the cables. put it on craigslist and see what happens.
    Hobart was no help, but I tend to agree with you on the 60s. Thank you for the input. I felt that 150 wad a good price add well