Lincoln Power Mig 210mp
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln Power Mig 210mp

In need of a decent Mig machine, interested in the Lincoln 210mp. Like the fact that it's dual voltage with infinite voltage settings. I rarely need to weld anything over 3/8th. Anyone have this unit? Will be using this unit just for Mig welding. Also considering the Hobart Ironman 230.

Thanks in advance

Re: Lincoln Power Mig 210mp

You can add the miller 211 to the list for mig only.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonWelder View Post
    In need of a decent Mig machine, interested in the Lincoln 210mp. Like the fact that it's dual voltage with infinite voltage settings. I rarely need to weld anything over 3/8th. Anyone have this unit? Will be using this unit just for Mig welding. Also considering the Hobart Ironman 230.

Thanks in advance
    I don't have one, but they seem like nice machines. Seen positive reviews of the machine, and Jody at weldingtipsandtricks seems to really like his.

I have had one for 2 years and it has served me well. Nice machine and I have a great dealer nearby, your location might not have that support. That's important in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Miller Dialarc 250 (1990)
    Miller Maxstar 140 STR (2003)
    Lincoln SA200 Redface Pipeliner (1966)
    Lincoln MP210 (2015)
    Victor and MECO torches

I have had one for over a year and I love it. Great machine for the money. The controls are very intuitive.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Lincoln MP 210
    Lincoln SW 200
    Lots of hand tools- NOTHING fancy

The Millermatic 215 is very similar and might be worth a look as well.
    Millermatic 215
    Hypertherm 45XP

I love mine, no problems with the machine except for the little wire feed wheel being machined off center. New $3 wheel solved it. I have used it to repair several plow frames and truck frame brackets that tend to break when you put too much plow on the truck. It has repaired several boat trailers. Not the greatest stick machine but I understand that is true of most of these little units. It runs 7014 pretty nice, haven't had a problem with that electrode.
    Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP

Quote Originally Posted by OregonWelder View Post

Thanks in advance
    You have mentioned 2 different types of machines.

If you think you'll need to go portable and use the dual voltage then the Lincoln.

If you are certain that this machine will stay in the shop then go with the Hobart 230.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

It all depends on how you intend to use it or what you will be welding the most. Does it need to be lightweight and portable. If so then go with a dual voltage inverter based machine but keep in mind inverters can go pop at any time and cost as much if not more than a new unit to repair depending on the problem. Do you not need to be portable and only plan on using the welder in one location and don't need 115/120 volt option then go with the Iron man 230.

All my research on the subject of the Ironman 230 leads me to believe it is very similar to the older very tried and true Miller Millermatic 200 in output power, clean spatter free weldability, reliability as both are transformer based. There are a lot of old Millermatic 200 machines in shops all across the country still performing flawlessly as the day they were first put into service. Both Millermatic 200 & Ironman 230 are manufactured in the good old USA and both will outlast you. I doubt very seriously any inverter based computerized welder will still be running in 30 years with out any major repairs. I could be wrong and only time will tell but look at the statistics of Ironman 230 defects against any inverter Chinese or otherwise foreign manufactured welders and the proof of reliability will be in the pudding.

There are a lot of other factors to consider like shop space and if you would rather have a single machine for each process or a machine capable of being a 3 in 1 / all in one. As I understand it you are only needing the machine for squirting wire "mig welding" and if so the Ironman 230 would be my choice in that situation hands down. The fact that theIronman has 0-700 ipm wfs, 30 - 250 amps of power, .023 - .045 wire size options and 2#, 10#, 33# & 45# spools of wire gives you a lot of wire feed welding options.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-02-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Machine probably won't ever leave the shop, just like the fact that i can take it some where if I every need to. Is the infinite voltage setting an advantage to the stepped voltage the the Hobart has?

Thanks again.

Yeah, portability is very I'm important when you need it. Granted transformer machines are built like a tank, they are pretty much confined to the shop as they weigh about as much.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Lincoln MP 210
    Lincoln SW 200

Its destined to become a classic.I have several buddies with one. Its on my short list even tho I have several classics already.

If I were to buy a "classic" transformer machine, it would be a Lincoln 216. I have a buddy that has had one for 15 years or so and what a great machine!
    Lincoln MP 210
    Lincoln SW 200

I like mine. I've used the MIG process on mild and stainless with good results. I usually step up .3-.5V from the recommended settings to get my beads to lay a little flatter. I've burned some 6010 with it, but the results were not as good as the larger machines I used at welding school. Keeping the arc going was my main issue.
    Last edited by MoltenMetalMaven; 10-06-2017 at 07:04 AM.

I've had one for over a year and like it a lot. It's used on both 120V and 240V depending upon the material thickness being welded.

My only complaint is that it does not like 6010 rod (and this was stated in the manual and by the dealer before I purchased it).

The presets are fantastic if you don't weld enough to have the MIG settings figured out.
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

Very happy with my 210.

Main complaint is that it don't run 6010 worth a hoot. The plus side though, it has a super nice arc for 7018, and I was burning 3/16" diam 7018 rod. Rod was out of the oven and onto a part that had the first pass run in hot with 1/8" rod. The cap peeled off in one piece so on this weldment the 175 amps was enough.

I've never hit the duty cycle on it yet.

Was using a Miller 211 side by side, and to be honest I preferred the arc characteristics of the Miller, especially when trying to get into higher amperages and spray transfer. However, with the Miller I did hit the duty cycle on this job.

I have the spoolgun for the 210 and found it worked okay but at the top 1/4 of the range I had a lot of tip freezing. Dial it back and no trouble at all, but not so hot an arc. I do want to play with helium blend with the spoolgun but not done so yet.
    Lincoln Ranger 305G
    Miller Big 40 (SOLD)
    Hypertherm 30XP
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Lincoln Square Wave TIG200
    Koike IK-12
    Evolution EVO380

I like mine. If you want TIG, I'd go with another machine, but for MIG or stick, I like it.
    Kevin / Machine_Punk from The Aerodrome Studio

- Lincoln PowerMIG 210 MP
    - Meco N Midget w/custom welding station
    - Vintage Victor 100

Current Projects: The Aerodrome Studio

Save some money, buy something that is fully adjustable, 175 amp or 250 and get this. A two year warranty. An Eastwood, I hear the laughter. It's a quality machine. My 175 out welded a 180 Lincoln by me and the Lincoln's owner (a 30 year navy pro) he couldn't believe it. He said it's easy to get bacon with this machine. The adjustability is great. I like mine and it cost 418.00. The pro paid 1700.00 for his. Compare the 250 amp to a Lincoln 200 plus amp and check out the prices between the two and just remember it has a two year warranty. It's a serious machine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I really like mine a lot mostly for the Mig. Even in 120v mode I can run 120amps with solid wire. It will also run flux core, dual shield ,stainless , and aluminum with a Teflon liner. I have a spool gun for it but haven't used it yet. Its really portable, and you can take it almost anywhere. It will run off a generator well, if its big enough. You make your own adapter plugs for the machine for 120/230v from plugs and connectors available at electrical supply house. Parts are readily available from my local store, but the only thing I've really gone through is tips. The tig is dc only but works OK for mild steel, and stainless. The connector for the foot pedal was a little pricey, but I wouldn't get the foot pedal form lincoln. Its HUGE, and about $400. There are aftermarkets just a good, smaller, and not so expensive. I was in between the Miller, and the Lincoln, the 210mp was slightly higher in the duty cycle, and usable amps.....and the lincoln was cheaper, and then it went on sale. Its been a good machine for me, I've had it for 2 years now, run a lot of different wires through it, with no problems.I've run it hard occasionally doing things bigger than it should, and it doesn't trip breakers often, and ive never tripped a machine overload. I've never used the hobart, so I couldn't compare, but I've heard the are sturdy, reliable machines.
    Good luck with whatever you choose.

ps mine cost $1100 before tax
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches

I wonder if Lincoln is planning to upgrade the 210mp now that the Multimatic 215 has a gas solenoid for TIG.

And what about pulsed MIG on one of these small inverters?

Will Lincoln knock the 215 out of the water with a portable pulse MIG?