Vulcan ArcSafe™ Auto Darkening Welding Helmet - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Vulcan ArcSafe™ Auto Darkening Welding Helmet

I have a Lincoln 3350 and tried on the $135 Vulcan hood at HF the other day........compared to my 3350 the field of view is narrow! I did like the headgear of the Vulcan but, lense wise it's no 3350!

I'm going to get one today. ALL of my inexpensive line of HF auto helmets have broken head gear.. They ALWAYS break at the pivot point. I've gotten flashed a few times with them as well..
    Mostly Harbor Freight
    170a mig,cap mod, broken rectifier
    180a mig,stock, works well, still hate the wire feeder
    100a mig. kinna crappy
    165a tig/stick, high frequency start. LOTS of stick time, works GREAT!
    Vulcan 200a multi mig + 200a ac/dc tig

No comparison to the regular $49 helmets. It's MUCH clearer. There's a high contrast blueish tint when in "off" or grinding mode. Very nice.
    It's worth it using the 20% vulcan manufacturer coupon
    Mostly Harbor Freight
    100a mig. kinna crappy

That's not a manufacturers coupon

Name:  oreally.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  32.0 KB
    Name:  20171009_174941.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  76.8 KB
    Mostly Harbor Freight
    100a mig. kinna crappy

So I tried on the new"""""vulcan""""" helmet at harbor freight just for fun, it was actually pretty comfortable, it's a knockoff of the Lincoln no doubt but who knows maybe it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan23 View Post
    So I tried on the new"""""vulcan""""" helmet at harbor freight just for fun, it was actually pretty comfortable, it's a knockoff of the Lincoln no doubt but who knows maybe it's OK.
    I have a Lincoln Viking 1840 which I've had about a year now. This is my first helmet and honestly it seems a little heavy to me. Maybe I just missed neck day at the gym when I was younger, but I don't like to keep it on propped up on my head for an extended amount of time.

Lincoln 1840 specs online say it is ~18.8oz (~1.2 lbs) for the 1840. The Lincoln 2450 and 3350 seem to weigh in just a tad more.

Anyway I tried on the Vulcan Arc Safe helmet and to me it seems a lot lighter (little more cheap on the hood) compared to my Lincoln Viking with maybe the same size viewing area. No external control like the 1840 which I don't use very often anyway since I wear safety glasses under my helmet and typically grind with helmet up or off.

The HF website says the Arcsafe is around 21oz (1.3lbs). Maybe I was jacked up on the smell of low prices and cheap crap, but it seemed remarkably lighter than my current hood.

So maybe I'm just being a little sissy boy and need to suck it up and do some neck lifts.. but the helmet didn't seem so bad and a lot lighter.

Just like the new lineup of welders thought I think I'll wait for more reviews..hopefully good.

FYI: store in Austin had the full lineup of all the Vulcan welders with accessories all zip tied to each machine out on display.