Vulcan ArcSafe™ Auto Darkening Welding Helmet - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Vulcan ArcSafe™ Auto Darkening Welding Helmet

I have a Lincoln 3350 and tried on the $135 Vulcan hood at HF the other day........compared to my 3350 the field of view is narrow! I did like the headgear of the Vulcan but, lense wise it's no 3350!

I'm going to get one today. ALL of my inexpensive line of HF auto helmets have broken head gear.. They ALWAYS break at the pivot point. I've gotten flashed a few times with them as well..
    Mostly Harbor Freight
    170a mig,cap mod, broken rectifier
    180a mig,stock, works well, still hate the wire feeder
    100a mig. kinna crappy
    165a tig/stick, high frequency start. LOTS of stick time, works GREAT!
    Vulcan 200a multi mig + 200a ac/dc tig

No comparison to the regular $49 helmets. It's MUCH clearer. There's a high contrast blueish tint when in "off" or grinding mode. Very nice.
    It's worth it using the 20% vulcan manufacturer coupon
    Mostly Harbor Freight
    100a mig. kinna crappy

That's not a manufacturers coupon

Name:  oreally.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  32.0 KB
    Name:  20171009_174941.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  76.8 KB
    Mostly Harbor Freight
    100a mig. kinna crappy

So I tried on the new"""""vulcan""""" helmet at harbor freight just for fun, it was actually pretty comfortable, it's a knockoff of the Lincoln no doubt but who knows maybe it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan23 View Post
    So I tried on the new"""""vulcan""""" helmet at harbor freight just for fun, it was actually pretty comfortable, it's a knockoff of the Lincoln no doubt but who knows maybe it's OK.
    I have a Lincoln Viking 1840 which I've had about a year now. This is my first helmet and honestly it seems a little heavy to me. Maybe I just missed neck day at the gym when I was younger, but I don't like to keep it on propped up on my head for an extended amount of time.

Lincoln 1840 specs online say it is ~18.8oz (~1.2 lbs) for the 1840. The Lincoln 2450 and 3350 seem to weigh in just a tad more.

Anyway I tried on the Vulcan Arc Safe helmet and to me it seems a lot lighter (little more cheap on the hood) compared to my Lincoln Viking with maybe the same size viewing area. No external control like the 1840 which I don't use very often anyway since I wear safety glasses under my helmet and typically grind with helmet up or off.

The HF website says the Arcsafe is around 21oz (1.3lbs). Maybe I was jacked up on the smell of low prices and cheap crap, but it seemed remarkably lighter than my current hood.

So maybe I'm just being a little sissy boy and need to suck it up and do some neck lifts.. but the helmet didn't seem so bad and a lot lighter.

Just like the new lineup of welders thought I think I'll wait for more reviews..hopefully good.

FYI: store in Austin had the full lineup of all the Vulcan welders with accessories all zip tied to each machine out on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Name:  oreally.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  32.0 KB
    Name:  20171009_174941.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  76.8 KB
    Why'd you cover the code? HF allows digital copies.
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

Never mind. I see they require "original coupon" for the Vulcan stuff. Where did you guys get the coupons? I've never gotten one in my mailings.
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

I just went to my local HF store and bought a new arc safe helmet this afternoon. I just read the code number off my phone for the 20% off. It came to $117. Got it home and set up. Took me a few minutes to get it apart to install the battery. I did about 15 min of stick welding with it. It worked very well, much clearer than my cheapie HF helmet.
    Home tinkerer and old tool junkie

Lincoln SP 135 Plus
    Ĺincoln Idealarc 250/250
    AHP AlphaTIG 200
    Viper Cut 30 Plasma
    Harris O/A Port-A-Torch
    Coal forge & anvil

Quote Originally Posted by ndnchf View Post
    I just went to my local HF store and bought a new arc safe helmet this afternoon. I just read the code number off my phone for the 20% off. It came to $117. Got it home and set up. Took me a few minutes to get it apart to install the battery. I did about 15 min of stick welding with it. It worked very well, much clearer than my cheapie HF helmet.
    I'm still wondering how Nowhere got a coupon without an expiration date. Can't say as I've ever seen one before.
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

Quote Originally Posted by tkevan View Post
    I'm still wondering how Nowhere got a coupon without an expiration date. Can't say as I've ever seen one before.
    It comes inside the box when you purchase a Vulcan welder. I got one with the OmniPro 220 I bought this weekend. I don't think the numbers are unique but I havent confirmed it yet. You don't have to part with the original, I can load it to a purchase online. It works like HF coupons usually do except this one doesn't expire.

Name:  Vulcan_20%_off_exp_never.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  71.8 KB

A few years ago the same customer number in emails showed on all coupons received. Then they changed something so there isn't a 1:1 match but I suspect they can track if a coupon is used by others.

Do they care? Not so far as I have heard.

I wonder if this coupon can be used again and again by the welder customer as consumables are used up, or is it limited to one purchase of each accessory/consumable?

And can the same coupon be used forever by anyone who has a copy in their phone?

It would be discouraging if someone shared his coupon, then found that someone else's use of that coupon left him ineligible to for the discount.
    HF Mig 180 with all the mods
    Grizzly H8153 Inverter Tig,Stick
    Wards Powr-Kraft AC 230. Stick,Carbon Arc

FWIW - The coupon I used expired October 31st. I'm sure they will offer it again, they always do.

Lincoln SP 135 Plus
    Ĺincoln Idealarc 250/250
    AHP AlphaTIG 200
    Viper Cut 30 Plasma
    Harris O/A Port-A-Torch
    Coal forge & anvil

Like I did on my old helmet, I installed a very bright Harbor Freight LED headlamp on the new Arc Safe. It puts light right where these tired eyes need it. For under $5, its a great upgrade.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Lincoln SP 135 Plus
    Ĺincoln Idealarc 250/250
    AHP AlphaTIG 200
    Viper Cut 30 Plasma
    Harris O/A Port-A-Torch
    Coal forge & anvil

I tried one out at HF yesterday, seemed like a nice helmet. Just waiting for a 20% coupon to buy one.