Weldmax 164i Won't Power on???
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Weldmax 164i Won't Power on???

Hi all, New to the forum, I was recently gifted an older model Longevity Weldmax 164i Black widow welder, And so for I've enjoyed it. Just yesterday i was doing some plasma cutting on some thin wall tubing when i was interrupted by someone coming into the garage, so I shut the machine off, chatted, and when they left i went to turn it back on and it wouldn't do anything. So i went and unplugged it and heard and audible "tick" come from the machine as it usually does when the power is cut to it. So i then plugged it back in and was greeted with another typical "tick" of the machine but still no power anywhere else. The power toggle switch wont light up, the fans won't power on, no lights on the front display nothing dead in the water. The machine is somewhere around 7 years old but my grandfather who owned it previously never used it once. I still had to remove all of the leads from the packaging so it is basically a brand new machine with less than an hour of use on it. Just as a side note it is running on 220V AC power and a 40Amp breaker both of which i know are good as i have plugged my other miller 211 into and used.

If anyone has had this same issue or has any ideas on how to fix this i would really appreciate it as my wife wont let me get another welder haha.

Thanks,

Tyson

Re: Weldmax 164i Won't Power on???

Quote Originally Posted by Tysoo2 View Post
    Hi all, New to the forum, I was recently gifted an older model Longevity Weldmax 164i Black widow welder, And so for I've enjoyed it. Just yesterday i was doing some plasma cutting on some thin wall tubing when i was interrupted by someone coming into the garage, so I shut the machine off, chatted, and when they left i went to turn it back on and it wouldn't do anything. So i went and unplugged it and heard and audible "tick" come from the machine as it usually does when the power is cut to it. So i then plugged it back in and was greeted with another typical "tick" of the machine but still no power anywhere else. The power toggle switch wont light up, the fans won't power on, no lights on the front display nothing dead in the water. The machine is somewhere around 7 years old but my grandfather who owned it previously never used it once. I still had to remove all of the leads from the packaging so it is basically a brand new machine with less than an hour of use on it. Just as a side note it is running on 220V AC power and a 40Amp breaker both of which i know are good as i have plugged my other miller 211 into and used.

If anyone has had this same issue or has any ideas on how to fix this i would really appreciate it as my wife wont let me get another welder haha.

Thanks,

Tyson

Hi Tyson,

Sounds like a possible power failure on a motherboard. We can take a look at the unit for you. Feel free to call and create an RMA 510.887.7090. I know the black widow line was made specifically for a distributor and they have all the parts for it, but we are able to troubleshoot them as well.

The power you have to the unit satisfies the requirement. So that is not the issue.
    Cheers

Phone: 877-566-4462 x 201
    Email: simon@longevity-inc.com
    Web: www.longevity-inc.com

Email for any questions about LONGEVITY!