T-Bone's Ingersoll-Rand 182 Scaler w/ Needle Attachment
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

T-Bone's Ingersoll-Rand 182 Scaler w/ Needle Attachment

Continuing to sell excess tools...

I picked this needle scaler up for a job that the customer insisted I have it on - I did not use it for the job and haven't needed it since. I am the second owner - it was advertised to me as being new when I bought it and I have no reason to doubt that.

To my knowledge, this is still Ingersoll-Rand's heaviest-duty air chisel w/ needle scaler attachment. The needle attachment is good for removing welding slag and paint or rust, and is also used for peening a hot weld to relieve stress while cooling. Runs great, but I've only used it one time, just a test run to make sure it worked. Like I said, it's like new. It has a 3/8" industrial air fitting on it now, but if you want a 1/4" industrial or ARO fitting instead, I'll swap them out from my stock.

The 182 air chisel / scaler body alone with no attachments runs $330 (or more) new. It has a positive bit retainer - no more bits flying out from a spring-head type chisel.

The NS11A needle scaler attachment is another $230 or more. The needles each run in their own individual cavity, and I noticed that this attachment is missing one needle - no big deal, but still I feel like it should be said.

Spare parts are cheap - Replacement needle sets run $15-$20 and chisel bits are $10-$15/ea. No chisel bits are included, but as I noted, they're cheap.

Be forewarned that you'll need some CFM to get the most out of this. You can look up the specs on I-R's site.

Shipped price to the lower 48 states is $275 if you mail a check, or $285 if you use Paypal (to make up for their fee) - price includes USPS Priority Mail shipping with insurance and delivery confirmation. Signature confirmation also at no extra charge if you want it. Sorry, not interested in shipping elsewhere due to the hassle.

This is an expensive, specialized tool but it's a good deal for the right person with a need for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Applied Fabrications, LLC

Mobile Welding / Mechanical Repair in VA's Piedmont & Shenandoah Valley

Re: T-Bone's Ingersoll-Rand 182 Scaler w/ Needle Attachment

Bump to the top for a good tool.

Price reduced - $225 shipped if you mail a check, $235 shipped if you pay with paypal. This is as low as I'll go on the price.

Doesn't Stick-man need this?

Sticky tends to, shall we say, "glom" onto things like this, and "forget" to pay....

looks like a good deal, somebody better grab it before i get some spare change....

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Doesn't Stick-man need this?
    Boy, you're just dying to get in on the action. Well let me tell you, the last guy got his ribs broke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tbone550 View Post
    Sticky tends to, shall we say, "glom" onto things like this, and "forget" to pay....
    OUCH!!! It's one thing to accuse me of stealing, but it's a whole nother to accuse me of not paying! Them's is fightin words, my tbone friend!!!

And Stick-man is a tool dealer, so if he needed one he would have it!!!
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Boy, you're just dying to get in on the action. Well let me tell you, the last guy got his ribs broke!!!
    Just wanted to make sure you got this one to turn for a profit so you can pay me the agreed $30/post fee for saying "Stick-man is wise".

Stick-man is wise.

I ain't worried about the ribs. I'm too pretty to hurt.

Just wanted to make sure you got this one to turn for a profit so you can pay me the agreed $30/post fee for saying "Stick-man is wise"
    $30 post fee?!!! Be nice, or I'll embarrass you by quoting that in my sig line! Just think of how many people on this site think tbone is a goofball for thinking I'm right! Just imagine what they will think of you for calling me wise!

And x-nay on the ees-fay..... I'm charging tbone for the thread bumps!
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Each sig line quote usage gets a ten-percent discount from the post fee, because the only thing greater than my humility and spiritual beauty is my generosity.

So I go on a bandsaw-buying trip, and this is what I find when I get home at midnight! Mighty nice of you all to donate your valuable time bumping my sale thread.

Er, your checks are "in the mail."

Bump - scaler is still available at $225 by check or $235 by Paypal, price includes shipping to the lower 48. This will make the right person a really nice tool.

Bump -

I ran across this scaler again today while I was hunting for a different tool. I'll take $200 shipped, paypal or check. If I go any lower I may as well leave my shop door unlocked so Sticky can get at it...

Nice scaler. It will Ebay quickly if you go that route.

Nice scaler. It will Ebay quickly if you go that route.
    Thanks Farmall. I have bought a lot of tools on ebay, but have never sold one thing on there. I just hate to lose their percentage, plus paypal's percentage - kind of like finding out that Stick-Man has made a visit to your shop while you were away....

pm sent

PM replied to - this tool is sold pending funds. Thanks to Scott, this thread can finally rest in peace.

got it as promised. Thanks for doing business!