Another Rebel - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Rebel

Re: Another Rebel

Quick note on the Sentinel A50 hood, liked the optics and function, overall seemed good. Headgear is comfortable and has all the basic adjustments. Now the part I did not like is the helmet feels heavy, my Jacksons seem like they are half the weight, maybe it's just how they are balanced.
    Now it seems all I own are ESAB products, a lonely Hypertherm 85 and couple of Miller XMT's.

I was just thinking about the tig torch they are using for the time being. If they use the same torch as the 215 that would be fine however the end user would need to unplug the torch amphenol used for lift arc and plug the pedal in for HF AC tig work. Not a big deal IMO just an observation.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Jawslandshark, ThanX for the feedback. Can't find any specs on the net about the 205 AC/DC. I agree, based on the sound of the unveiling video it sounds like the Hz. are at or over 200 Hz. I run at 120 Hz. 90% of the time and know exactly what that sounds like. I am interested in this unit though.. I'll wait for next years SEMA or Fabtech to pick mine up. at least they should have most of the bugs worked out. I have the Rebel EMP215 ic and I'm on my 4th machine because of one issue or another. The Current one (#4) is a unit they sent me to test with a custom program added.. So far-So Good... CROZ..
    Rig Welder

It would be interesting to see the SQ wave profile on a scope, along with the a real amp meter on the cable.Your ear can pick up certain things about those wave profiles.. 250 transformer and 250 inverter is different in power output. favoring the inverter.

I was noticing the abrupt tail out on the vids,, Was the 75 amps lower setting was to hide something down low? Maybe that wave they got sucks down there? Chris, funny all the Esab fan boys.(Paid ) saying just how good this thing is.All without mentioning the fact that it's not even setup to work very well. Nothing like a somebody reviewing it, with nothing to gain by telling the truth as they see it.. 120hz for me too, although not exactly depending on wave balance. It changes HZ settings a bit when you you jacked over closer to full wave balance.. (Euro Esab machine) 400 hz is a gimmick. (IMO) Big paid goof is tripping all over himself about that..

This link on the Cutmaster 60i from Esab, proves my point about blowhard stuff.. I tend to write comments to counter the BullS##t Jaws fill free to fill in the blanks I left out..

Last edited by Brand X; 11-06-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Esab 2200i-TA34 Sweden
    Esab C-160i Poland
    Hypertherm 45XP US
    Lincoln LF-72/LN-25 pro feeders US
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Japan
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s Japan
    Thermal 38XL US

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!:

@ the croz, are these the specs you are looking for?
    http://www.esab.ca/ca/en/rebel/index.cfm
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Scott I agree with you that they have a some work to do apparently down low both starting and stopping, and apparently on the balance also. I just don't know how anyone could give a video review and say it's good without a full functioning unit? I like the concept and what I have seen so far, but that is all I can say. As far as the 60i plasma, the CM52 would do just as good, I tested the 60i last year and did not see many advantages for the extra cost, of course that is not specs just my personal experience based on hand cutting.

Croz, if I get any further info on this welder I will pass it along.
    Now it seems all I own are ESAB products, a lonely Hypertherm 85 and couple of Miller XMT's.

why on earth would you bring a half assed prototype to a big show like SEMA with start and stop amps at 75.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    CK Tig Welder
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    RazorMig 180 & Spoolgun
    Vipercut 30 Plasma
    Razorweld, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas & MBC Dealer and more

Yeah,

I'm starting to think that maybe ESAB only started development of this new unit after they saw the initial photo of the Everlast AC/DC TIG-MIG unit, about a year ago, announced here on Welding Web first, I believe, titled as, Something Revolutionary for 2017, by WW member Lugweld, who's an Everlast rep too.

http://weldingweb.com/archive/index.php/t-646261.html
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

N2 Welding, thank you.. that's more than I've been able to fine..Name:  110 Volt Power Plug.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  38.0 KB
    Rig Welder

I would definitely prefer to have the AC/DC unit over the one I have when it is a full functioning machine. Selling mine would be the issue. I don't want to take a huge loss for a 1.5 year old machine. Besides I imagine there will be quite a few for sale when the AC/DC drops and hits the shelf.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Just consider how much $$ you've made with your.. Mine.. I've paid for it 3 or 4 times over (when I'm not having to swap out machines because of issues) I do have back-up machines like a Lincoln Dual 180 for S.S. Mig but it's Waaaaay too heavy.. That's why I love my Rebel EMP, I can save my Lincoln V205-T AC/DC most of the time because the Rebel runs 6010 & 7018 flawlessly so I use the V205-T for Restaurant sinks and Aluminum welding.. I'm looking forward to the Rebel 205 if it pans out.. Like I indicated.. It seems like ESAB has been relying on us to work out the bugs, lord knows I've had my share.. currently I'm on my 4th machine (since Fabtech last year) and this one was sent to me with a custom program to test.. So far it's working good except for the occasional amp flickering in Tig mode where I have to reboot the darn thing.. So the Rebel 205 will do most everything I would encounter on a daily basis.. otherwise it will be the Dynasty 210 DX when my V205-T starts acting up.. When it comes time to sell my Rebel.. whatever the market allows is fine with me... CROZ..
    Rig Welder

Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post
    As far as the 60i plasma, the CM52 would do just as good, I tested the 60i last year and did not see many advantages for the extra cost, of course that is not specs just my personal experience based on hand cutting.
    Probably better, because the CM52 supports the SL-40 torch, and cost $500.00 less.. If you need to have a long arc, by a bigger machine.. Still runs the 60 amp consumables, so cutting normal stuff will be the same using the SL-60 torch. The Hypertherm 45 went to great lengths to simplify the interface between user, and machine.. Fancy screen on the 60i just looks like trouble to me..

As far as why you would bring a half assed prototyle to a show? Desperation?..Maybe they think the public will buy the spiel from it's world famous pinheads? Just a lack of respect for their customers in general! Internet does weed out a lot of this junk, so advantage WW over you tube..
    Esab 2200i-TA34 Sweden
    Esab C-160i Poland
    Hypertherm 45XP US
    Lincoln LF-72/LN-25 pro feeders US
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Japan
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s Japan
    Thermal 38XL US

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!:

Actually, I'll sell the 180 Dual (still worth $450-$600.00) on ebay and keep the Rebel as a back-up..
    Rig Welder

Quote Originally Posted by the_croz View Post
    Actually, I'll sell the 180 Dual (still worth $450-$600.00) on ebay and keep the Rebel as a back-up..
    Sounds like a better plan. I will be but hurt to take a huge loss as I am just a Hobby Lobby Tinker'r No money being made with my tools. I use it for fun and to build things I take interest in. I do a few repairs or additions to things like my Garden Tractor Hobby but for the most part not a lot of structural type building.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

N2 Welding, gotcha.. I've burned up just over 20# of 1/8" 7018 Atom Arc in two days on one job, Tig welded over 400' of 4" standard wt. (Sch 40) pipe on another job, 200' of 2" & 1" S.S. Pipe on yet another, Tack welded over 2000, (yes Two Thousand) 1/2" spot welds on a Stainless Steel Screen job using .025 316L solid wire and Tri-Mix gas, 3/4 of a spool (7 lbs.) of .045 Flux Core on another and 3 (10 lb.) spools of .035 Flux Core and 1ea. (10 lb.) spool of .030 Flux Core to date on my Rebel (Plural) They are a robust machine but I can tell yah.. I can definitely find the weak spots on these machines.. The Plug I installed on the side is so I have 110v power when I'm running on 220v. I only need one (220v) cord because I have the grinder. wire wheel power locally now.. I see your predicament on selling your old unit, you can always pick-up a Everlast with AC for the Aluminum.. Just a thought.. they are reasonably priced and are highly rated in the videos.. CROZ..
    Rig Welder

Well that was slightly disappointing....Glad they have a heavier industrial Rebel, but I was seriously hoping for a 235 or fabricator 252 machine with AC TIG. I guess Im greedy and if Im going to pay that much money for an all in one machine I want the extra power too! Was hoping to be able to use 12" spools too. Guess Ill have to wait and see if they come out with one next year.....

Quote Originally Posted by the_croz View Post
    N2 Welding, gotcha.. I've burned up just over 20# of 1/8" 7018 Atom Arc in two days on one job, Tig welded over 400' of 4" standard wt. (Sch 40) pipe on another job, 200' of 2" & 1" S.S. Pipe on yet another, Tack welded over 2000, (yes Two Thousand) 1/2" spot welds on a Stainless Steel Screen job using .025 316L solid wire and Tri-Mix gas, 3/4 of a spool (7 lbs.) of .045 Flux Core on another and 3 (10 lb.) spools of .035 Flux Core and 1ea. (10 lb.) spool of .030 Flux Core to date on my Rebel (Plural) They are a robust machine but I can tell yah.. I can definitely find the weak spots on these machines.. The Plug I installed on the side is so I have 110v power when I'm running on 220v. I only need one (220v) cord because I have the grinder. wire wheel power locally now.. I see your predicament on selling your old unit, you can always pick-up a Everlast with AC for the Aluminum.. Just a thought.. they are reasonably priced and are highly rated in the videos.. CROZ..
    I told the ESAB guy the same thing, I can find the weak spots easily when running these things for hours daily. Of course this only helps them in the long run make a better welder when we identify issues. I doubt the testers making videos ever run them more than an hour or so, I am sure people like Mr Tig (laugh) said it was perfect....

For me it's all about portability, I'm an On-Site Mobile Welding and Repair Service and the smaller & lighter.. the better. that's why I chose the Lincoln V205-T AC/DC over the Miller Dynasty 200DX, I have never once regretted buying the Lincoln, as a matter of fact.. I have to pull it out to finish the job when the Rebel fails me.. When I buy the Rebel 205 AC/DC (next year at SEMA of Fabtech) I'll still keep the Lincoln onboard for a back-up.. Just-Sayin.. CROZ..
    Rig Welder

Wyatt is a nice guy.. I met up with him at the Fabtech show last year in Vegas when I purchased the Rebel EMP.. as a matter of fact.. when I grenaded my V205-T and couldn't find a replacement.. Wyatt sold me his studio unit.. so the one you see in the background on all his videos is the one I have now ThanX to Norm Sted of Weld.com..
    Rig Welder

ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Yeah,

Bob Moffat is a pretty cool cat!
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone