T-Bone's Trailblazer 302 For Sale (VA, ~ 500 hrs)
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

T-Bone's Trailblazer 302 For Sale (VA, ~ 500 hrs)

As mentioned earlier this year, business has been good to me and I'm taking the opportunity to snatch back a little $$ I'd otherwise owe the tax man by upgrading the welder on the International. I decided to standardize my machines and a new TB325 will be in my hands within the next couple of days.

No pics tonight as the 302 is still mounted on the truck which is parked safely inside a customer's facility in Harrisonburg VA. It's the same TB as in my avatar. Up-to-date pics will be added in the next day or two. A brief history of the machine follows....

This is a carbureted gas 300A AC/DC welder with either a 10KW or 12KW generator; can't remember the specs right now. Has a single 240V NEMA 14-50R receptacle and a quad 110V set of outlets. Generator power and welder power are separate and you don't lose capacity on one as you use more of the other. Has adjustable DIG settings for stick. Capable of using Miller's 14-pin accessories (feeders, spoolguns, pedals, etc).

I bought it in 2009, replacing my previous 2006 model which always had idle problems. This one has been totally reliable, not one problem. I'll post exact hours when I know them, but I want to say it's only in the 500 range. These are actual hours, and you can call Miller with the S/N and verify that no warranty work has been done to the machine. FYI there's a board that sometimes goes bad on these, and when it's replaced the hours are reset to zero. Miller makes a note of this and the pre-board-replacement hours if done during the warranty period, but after that buyer beware. This isn't common knowledge but I've shared it here more than once, as I nearly learned it the hard way when I called Miller's tech line to ask about a machine I was looking at whose hours didn't match up to its appearance. Again, this machine's never been opened up for anything beyond a tuneup. Still has the original battery even, which spins it over like new.

At the 200-hr mark I started using Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W30 and that's what's been used ever since. Within the last 50 hrs it's had new plugs and fuel filters, and I think the oil change is more recent even than that. The digital readout will give hours until next change, and I'll take a pic of that, too. It's only had ethanol-free fuel in it.

This is a relatively low-hour machine that's always been under cover except when running, and the truck it's on is always stored inside. It looks great and I believe you'll find that the paint shines like new. The plastic ribs around the 240V receptacle were "relieved" a few years back to clear the large plug I use on my 240V extension cord, and this is the only "damage" to the machine beyond a few scratches. Probably the cleanest 500 hr machine around. I'm the only one who's run it and since I paid for it, I've taken care of it.

It's spent it's life primarily running Dual Shield and stick, with a little spoolgun time in there as well. I might have TIG'd with it one time. The truck this machine's on has always been for mechanical work, and so run time has been limited. It's rarely been used for full-time fabrication. Might have seen a week or two's worth of full-time running, but has also sat for up to a month between starts. For example, the job it's on right now has been ongoing for the last couple of months, and the TB has been started twice that I can remember.

Will come with a cover, big Tweco cable receptacles bolted onto the studs, and a frame I made for it that pins to the bed and has little pins to catch the grommets on the cover. The cover is from 2006 and is the Miller anniversary cover with the flames on it ... I don't think those were made for very long. It's faded but still does the job.

The price is $3500 cash, firm. It's a good machine and well worth the money. You can take this and literally be using it as soon as you put your leads on it. You're welcome to weld with it -- you can use my ground and stinger to test out the stick function but bring your own rods, wire feeder, TIG rig, spoolgun, 120V tools, etc. Your own PPE also, please.

You can PM me here with questions. Months ago someone told me they wanted first shot at this machine, but I can't find that info in my PM's anywhere, so hopefully they see this listing if they were serious.

I'll be adding pics and exact info hopefully by midnight tomorrow, depends on how late I have to work before I make it home.
    Last edited by tbone550; 11-10-2017 at 12:28 AM.
    Applied Fabrications, LLC

Mobile Welding / Mechanical Repair in VA's Piedmont & Shenandoah Valley

Re: T-Bone's Trailblazer 302 For Sale (VA, ~ 500 hrs)

@ tbone550 - that is an awesome machine and priced to sell. We run a pre-owned, low/low hrs, TB301G and she has been outstanding for Stick and MIG work. You will have zero probs selling this rig. Some bro in NOVA will certainly snatch her up quickly. Will spread the work to our local business partners/contractors.

Hope all is well brother, and best fortune with your sale.
    "Discovery is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought" - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Great price on what sounds like an unusually nice machine. If I didn’t already have my TB 350d, I’d jump on it.
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

Yes, but the real question is - is the exhaust clamp oriented properly?
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save 2nd Base!

Sticky is prolly already on his way to “acquire” it

Nice to have that, but soo far away
    MM215
    Victor torch set

**Gone**.............ummm, sold..................well, not really, but.............gone!!!
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Quote Originally Posted by Stick-man View Post
    **Gone**.............ummm, sold..................well, not really, but.............gone!!!
    Hahahah!!!
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Har har, you all are so dang funny....

Let it be known that despite the jesting of my "peers," this welder is still in my possession and for sale. And here are some pictures, taken this morning. It was early so I had to use the flash, thus the slightly odd looking color. I was wrong on the hours; there's actually only 464 on it, and 87 hrs remaining until the next oil change is due.

Name:  P1090774.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  84.1 KB

Name:  P1090771.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  56.7 KB

Name:  P1090775.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  91.5 KB

Name:  P1090773.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  P1090772.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  83.5 KB

Here are the remainder of the pictures. As you can see, I haven't even wiped any dust off of it for the pictures. This machine is as honest as it gets.

Name:  P1090769.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  64.1 KB

Name:  P1090781.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  P1090780.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  P1090777.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  36.0 KB

Name:  P1090776.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  105.9 KB

I picked up the 325 this afternoon and brought it home to the shop for storage until the 302 sells. Don't really have time to juggle the two machines, so once the 302's next owner (could it be YOU?) picks it up, I'll get going on mounting the 325 on its new yellow home.

If you're interested in this machine, know that it's located in Harrisonburg, VA in the industrial park. This is zip 22801, about 2 miles off I-81 Exit 243. I'll give this WW listing a few days and if no serious bites, will post on CL as well.

Forgot to add these details eariler:

Model No. 907216
    S/N LK080006Q

Generator output is 11 KW.

Besides WeldingWeb's PM system, you can also get me at jinskeepATyahooDOTcom. On weekdays I often don't get to check my email until past the time most people are in bed, so don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. Except for Stick-Man.

Sticky don't want a nice Blue machine he goes for those nasty Red things

Quote Originally Posted by tbone550 View Post
    I'm not ignoring you. Except for Stick-Man.
    When did you sneak over and steel that back so you could take pics this morning???

"SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Quote Originally Posted by vwguy3 View Post
    sticky don't want a nice blue machine he goes for those nasty red things
    ouch!!!

Actually I was just going to flip it for a quick sale...........only $3495
    "Stick-man"

Up one time before going to Craigslist....

OK, so finally I remembered to put this on CL today. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and thanks for looking!

I thought you were going to tell us it was sold and you wanted to buy the chopped SA200 I posted up for the owner.

Merry Christmas to you too!
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Star Jet 21-110

Save 2nd Base!

Unless something goes sideways, this machine is sold and will be picked up by the new owner tomorrow.

Years ago I wanted an air nailer. I made the pitch to the builder I was working with most of the time: If you buy a new $500 air nailer, use it 5 years, then throw it away 'cause it's worn out, you have a better way. Use one three years, sell it to me for half. I'll use it the rest of my life, never wear it out. You get your next new one for half price. He did it! My air nailer is now twenty years old, it is not worn out.

I bought a Bobcat 250 4 years ago. I paid 1200. It was heavily distressed, but totally functional. I've put 350 hours on it. For me, that math works. If my dream comes true, I'll have a shot at a nice Trailblazer like that.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

And, welder is sold as of noon today. Thanks for looking.

Great, I'm sure the purchaser got a good one.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

That's awesome. Congrats!
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Star Jet 21-110

Save 2nd Base!

It's a good deal for the new owner, and was a good deal for me, too. Just was going over my old records and who would have thought that I paid $4,005 for this in 2009? $505 for the use of the machine for 7 years...I almost feel guilty now. I'll just remember that I paid nearly $3k more for the new one, and be OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone550 View Post
    $505 for the use of the machine for 7 years...I almost feel guilty now.
    You asked a reasonable price for a great machine - buyer happily paid it. No need for any guilty feeling here.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Star Jet 21-110

Save 2nd Base!