New Powermts 22sti video.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,727

    New Powermts 22sti video.

    Lanse just put up a new video of the powermts 221sti with synergic mig tig (ac and dc with pulse) and stick capability. Use this thread to post your own videos with it or comments.



    Note: Since it has been of some concern and popularity, 6010 feature and test comes around minute 17.
    Last edited by lugweld; 11-30-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    Nice,

    Maybe Lanse will consider putting "Everlast 221STi" in the YouTube title so it will show up on a search with similar videos.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    45

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    This is VERY COOL! Something tells me that 2018 is going to be a great year!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    150

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Lanse just put up a new video of the powermts 221sti with synergic mig tig (ac and dc with pulse) and stick capability. Use this thread to post your own videos with it or comments.



    Note: Since it has been of some concern and popularity, 6010 feature and test comes around minute 17.
    So Lanse had zero issues. Ran great. Bob had several problems with arc loss. Any update on the issue with Bobs machine/technique ??
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    I think Bob was recently sent an upgraded Nova foot pedal, to smooth out what may have been a dead spot on the OEM pedal's potensiometer.

    Lanse seems to have gotten the upgraded pedal right out of the box.

    I upgraded to an SSC pedal right after getting my 210EXT, almost three years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by tkevan View Post
    So Lanse had zero issues. Ran great. Bob had several problems with arc loss. Any update on the issue with Bobs machine/technique ??
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    150

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    I think Bob was recently sent an upgraded Nova foot pedal, to smooth out what may have been a dead spot on the OEM pedal's potensiometer.

    Lanse seems to have gotten the upgraded pedal right out of the box.

    I upgraded to an SSC pedal right after getting my 210EXT, almost three years ago.
    You use a pedal to run 6010 rod😀 Bobs issue was arc loss running 6010, not tig. Might have just been a glitchy box.
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    Yeah,

    I think I saw something about Bob setting the arc force from the most and then to the least, or that his amps were set kind of low.

    Quote Originally Posted by tkevan View Post
    You use a pedal to run 6010 rod�� Bobs issue was arc loss running 6010, not tig. Might have just been a glitchy box.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    150

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Yeah,

    I think I saw something about Bob setting the arc force from the most and then to the least, or that his amps were set kind of low.
    I was thinking it might be a setting issue, but he's used units with arc force before, so???
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    95

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    doesn't matter if he used units with that feature before, when you are sent a brand new product for testing it's not unheard of for software to do unexpected stuff. These are computerized so expect murphy to show up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,727

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    It was an early pre full production unit. It could possibly be an issue with programming. Or it could be with the particular rod. Some welding machines work with 6010 from one brand better than another. Been working with xmts lately that loves the lincoln 5p+ but for regular red Lincoln 5P it wants to stick and go out just like that video. The invertec 275P I've also been using eats both of them up, with completely different amp settings with far less arc force and a simple flip of a switch. It stacks beads beautifully but on 7018, it isn't as smooth as the XMT. It's not bad at all, but not as pretty imho.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: New Powermts 22sti video.

    Hey,

    Welding Web member Kevin Caron is doing video demos with the 221STi.

    This one is a quick overview with a quick demo on the AC TIG arc and bead. Looks great!

    I'm guessing he'll do some more videos on the unit too.

    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement