Respiratory selections?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Respiratory selections?

I use an Adflo respirator while I'm working most of the time, but when I have to shove my head into smaller areas I use a slimmer hood. Just wondering what respirators (disposable, reusable, half or full) you guys all use when your working in tighter spaces?

Spit it at me!

Re: Respiratory selections?

3M 7500 series with 2091 / 2291 / 2097 / 2297 pancake filters. This model exhausts downwards and won't fog up the lens in your shield.

Don't bother with the disposable masks that are just glorified dust masks. They don't seal to your face and you'll be drawing unfiltered air around the edges of the mask. Facial hair is a no-no with any respirator as it prevents a seal.

If you type "respirator" in the search box you should get a lot of info, as this has been discussed a lot. I believe there's also a sticky on it in the sticky subforum.
    Applied Fabrications, LLC

Mobile Welding / Mechanical Repair in VA's Piedmont & Shenandoah Valley

I just got a RZ Mask. Thought I would try it. It feels comfortable, but I wont have time to really try it until this weekend probably. Anyone else try one of them. I thought at least it's better then nothing, especially for grinding.

I've tried the North and the 3M, and the 3M is far better. Miller has a pretty nice one too; my boilermaker friend says it's more comfortable than the 3M

which 3M one do you use?

Respiratory selections?

The Miller, although I haven't used it, looks smaller than the 3M if you're really going to stuff your head in a small hole. I like the 3m 7502 (medium) with 2297 filters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SqWave 200
    Millermatic 190
    Airco 200 AC
    Hypertherm PM45
    Boice-Crane Band Saw
    Victor O/A