07 vantage 300
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: 07 vantage 300

07 vantage 300

I have a vantage 300. Love the machine. Only down side is I do not know how I can run another set of leads for welding. We do alot of pipe fence building and was wondering the proper way of running 2 set of leads. Highest amps we would go is 120 on c.c. mode with 7018. I know it got the power to do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: 07 vantage 300

Does that have a dual operator mode?

Easiest way is to plug in another welder, like an ESAB 161 size machine - in my opinion that is.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Sounds like he wants to be able to have two people weld off one machine at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Leogl View Post
    Sounds like he wants to be able to have two people weld off one machine at the same time
    That's what I think too, but unless it has that option I'd think using one of the AC plugs and plugging in a small inverter would be a good option.

Then two people could be welding.

I'd think his machine can run 120 amps DC current and enough AC juice to power the inverter at the same weld amperage?
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

You are correct

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    Does that have a dual operator mode?

Easiest way is to plug in another welder, like an ESAB 161 size machine - in my opinion that is.
    Dual operater mode. Not that I'm aware of however Lincoln does make one but will.not sale them In us or canada

That's what I think too, but unless it has that option I'd think using one of the AC plugs and plugging in a small inverter would be a good option.

Then two people could be welding.

I'd think his machine can run 120 amps DC current and enough AC juice to power the inverter at the same weld amperage?
    I'll have to look into the invertor

Quote Originally Posted by prairiecreek91 View Post
    I'll have to look into the invertor

The ESAB 161 is $490 at cyberweld, but there are other choices out there too.

I have 2 of them in the school shop and they weld good.

If they were to be used all day every day, I'd replace the stinger and work lead with longer ones.
    Dave J.

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Well I haven’t been around a vantage but I am guessing in order to get that much auxiliary power your fine current is going to have to be set at max that is gonna affect your other welder drastically!

Well I haven’t been around a vantage but I am guessing in order to get that much auxiliary power your fine current is going to have to be set at max that is gonna affect your other welder drastically!
    No the vantage can weld at any amps n it does not affect the generator however my dad's lawn mower gxt you do have to turn output up. Hate that damn thing. Mine is a 4 cyl diesel. Nice machine throu

The ESAB 161 is $490 at cyberweld, but there are other choices out there too.

I have 2 of them in the school shop and they weld good.

If they were to be used all day every day, I'd replace the stinger and work lead with longer ones.
    Thank you. I'll check that out