argon presure drops - Tigwave 250
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

argon presure drops - Tigwave 250

We have a Hogart tigwave 250. The problem is when we step on the foot pedal the argon goes up for the preflow time. When it is time for the arc to start, the argon will drop to 0. I did find a way to get it to weld though, by steping on the argon and pump it slightly the argon will stay up and I can get it to weld. This does not work in AC. It welds good in the arc weld mode. Dose anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Re: argon presure drops - Tigwave 250

I have found today a way to get a good weld for both AC and DC. All I have to do is set the output contacter to on instead of remote. We will lose argon and the question is still how do we solve this.

What happens when you turn the preflow to zero? Any gas at all then?

You have several things to check. First check switch in foot peddle and make sure it closes and stays closed when peddle is pushed down or anywhere in the "on" area of travel. This includes the cord and plug into the welder. If this checks good, go to gas valve and check voltage to it and see if it is dropping out.
    It should stay on soon as foot peddle is pressed and as peddle is pressed. After released valve will stay on for the time the post flow timer is set for. If you need a manual, contact ITW Hobart welders. They email for free.

The pre flow timer holds off the HF. but the gas and the welder output should be on soon as peddle is pressed.
    This give the torch a chance to form a gas cloud before the HF is fired and the arc is started.
    Not having a manual at home I can't check and see if the panel switch is parallel to the foot switch or a circuit to its self. If parallel, the panel switch will turn on the HF, gas and welder output. If not only welder output tuns on. Gas and HF stay off. then it is not parallel.
    If switch is parallel, then you have a peddle or control cable problem.