What's the best tig torch hand control - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What's the best tig torch hand control

Thanks for all the replays , I think the tig button is going to be my choice. I don't need it all th time but when I do it should do what I want
    Thanks
    Mike ,

So how does this thingy work? Can we do a DIY version?

Ky farmer and Sask,

If you get the TIG Button, I would suggest you add a piece of heat shrink over the two wire connector I highlighted in red from Sask pic. I am also including a pic of how mine looked after the heat shrink. This was an area Oscar and I had an issue with. I am not the most gentle person with my tools or equipment so you may not have this problem.

Edited: Aaron has a lot more finesse and is a much better welder than I will ever be so he may not have this problem. This device has worked well for me but I have only used a wired foot pedal, wireless foot pedal, and then the other hand control shown in the top of the last pic. That last control is the one I started out with trying to teach myself to TIG. I do not use this controller any longer but that is just me.

Name:  zClpLs4.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  235.9 KB

Name:  20180107_094345.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  20180107_094304.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  150.1 KB
    Last edited by psacustomcreations; 01-07-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron@6061 View Post
    Here's a video showing the TIG Button in action (skip to the 1:16 mark if you get bored). Pay attention to how quick and easy it is to tack the parts together:
    Nice work on the fuel tank. Man I wish I could work that fast .
    Ernie F.

The button assembly on the their web site, https://tigcontrol.com/:
    Name:  tigbutton_set-8-inch-2-300x221.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  12.9 KB
    looks different from the one is this video:

I confused, which one do you get??
    The one shown on the video looks like a better way with the Velcro straps.
    Last edited by metalman21; 01-07-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Ernie F.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    The button assembly on the their web site, https://tigcontrol.com/:
    Name:  tigbutton_set-8-inch-2-300x221.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  12.9 KB
    looks different from the one is this video:

I confused, which one do you get??
    The one shown on the video looks like a better way with the Velcro straps.
    I agree!!!!!!!
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    Miller Dynasty700DX, Dynasty350DX 2ea., Dynasty200DX, ThermalArc 400 GTSW, LincolnSW200 2ea., MillerMatic350P, MillerMatic200 with spoolgun, MKCobraMig260, Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm 1250

I'm guessing that even if you bought the one with the channel/clipped holder that's held by velcro straps, that you could easily release the TIGButton from the channel/clip, by removing those two screws, then the TIGButton alone could be attached directly to a torch with elastic bands.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

I'm more confused after looking at their site and the vids myself. Starting to think th CK belt drive may be plenty good for what I want. 90 percent of what I tig fits on a bench, so this won't get used everyday. Hate to say this but I'm guessing the tig button is the only thing they make , kinda make me worry about long term support. Not trying to beat up on a new company but would hate to drop a couple hundred on something that failed and they are out of business
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ky farmer View Post
    I'm more confused after looking at their site and the vids myself. Starting to think th CK belt drive may be plenty good for what I want. 90 percent of what I tig fits on a bench, so this won't get used everyday. Hate to say this but I'm guessing the tig button is the only thing they make , kinda make me worry about long term support. Not trying to beat up on a new company but would hate to drop a couple hundred on something that failed and they are out of business
    Mike
    I have gathered similar sediments. Their web site "tigcontrol.com" has no address, no phone number, no email address.
    Only way to contact is one of those fill in the blanks contact page with a question box. I tried that with a simple question four days ago and have not received a response.
    So that says a lot to me about their service, support and any other dealings.
    It's a good idea and I don't mind dealing with a small or side business. However if their is one thing any business has to do is communicate with customers and promptly. Otherwise trust is compromised and not the best first impressions are created.
    In contrast I emailed Ckworldwide with the same question (will model no. xxxxxx work on my machine?) and received an answer within 30 min. OK they are a bigger operation but I have had emails ignored by bigger businesses as well. That only happens once.
    I managed fine using TIG for 33 years with a foot pedal.

As a side note it appears a member here, Aron@6061, sells the same? product but I'm not sure, he isn't saying anything here. To be fair I haven't tried to contact him because by now I have lost interest.
    Ernie F.

Yeah,

I notice that the TIG Button looks easily adaptable to most any TIG welder that accepts a foot pedal.

I mean, the little module box has a 5-pin connector that would undoubtedly correspond to the pin-out of an Everlast 7-pin Panasonic connector, i.e., two wires to the contactor switch, three for the wiper action on the pot, then jumper the two empty slots inside the connector, as that apparently tells an Everlast unit a remote is plugged in.

So, the pinout for a 7-pin Everlast unit is shown in their PDF manuals, i.e, they're numbered and shown.

Maybe Arron/6061 or the TIG Button producer can post the pin-out for the 5-pin connector on the TIG Button.

Then virtually anybody could buy and use the TIG Button, without the producer having to make numerous adapters, or maybe even have a slightly lowered price on a DIY package. Not for me, though, as I'm just thinking about Everlast users who are becoming more numerous, but who often seem to be on the tail end of third-party innovations.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 01-12-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

Funny you mention Everlast. Just today I ordered what I think is the correct 7-pin connector so I can make my own pressure-sensitive torch button.

Hey,

Very cool!

Please do start a thread on the topic if it comes togather well.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmelvin View Post
    Funny you mention Everlast. Just today I ordered what I think is the correct 7-pin connector so I can make my own pressure-sensitive torch button.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

Quote Originally Posted by jwmelvin View Post
    Let us know how this works out and post your progress if you don't mind
    Mike