Going to look at a lincoln need tips - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Going to look at a lincoln need tips

I got a little cobbled together trailer with it. May end up using the axle to build a new one. Would be a fun project. I also need to get a grinder that runs good off it if thats possible.
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

Quote Originally Posted by scramblerj View Post
    I also need to get a grinder that runs good off it if thats possible.
    It is a 1968 going by the serial #.

As for the grinder, just look for one that says AC / DC. Dewalt DWE402 is an example.
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure health of your battery or alternator over charging?far left gauge amp? can"t see amp meter to good in video but should settle down less 12 volts after few minutes,, looks to be good quality restore machine!!!

I think that far left gauge says 0?
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

I got a little cobbled together trailer with it. May end up using the axle to build a new one. Would be a fun project. I also need to get a grinder that runs good off it if thats possible.
    I have a thread on the 69 that I restored and the trailer I'm building for it. I'm almost done with trailer now.
    Lincoln 350MP
    Millermatic 350P
    Syncrowave 250
    1969 SA200

Quote Originally Posted by Capt B View Post
    I have a thread on the 69 that I restored and the trailer I'm building for it. I'm almost done with trailer now.
    Love your thread. Youre doing great work on that machine. Youre fancy trailer build is why I realized this one may be too ugly for me to ride out. So Ill be rebuilding!
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

Love your thread. Youre doing great work on that machine. Youre fancy trailer build is why I realized this one may be too ugly for me to ride out. So Ill be rebuilding!
    Thanks it was a long project but definitely worth it. Good luck and congratulations on you're new machine!
    Lincoln 350MP
    Millermatic 350P
    Syncrowave 250
    1969 SA200

I believe the gauge on the top left jumps up to 40 when youre welding, by looking at the video. I saw another gauge under the hood closer to the alternator. Ill see what that reads.

The gauges on the top of the machine say Murphy and I see a few of them have 2nd arms that look like safety stops Im guessing by the way theyve been referenced in the thread. Would be nice if they will shut the mschine off if it gets too hot or loses oil pressure.
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

Those are switch gauges if they are wired correctly they will ground the magneto and shut machine off if you lose oil pressure or over heat. You can adjust the arm with an Allen wrench to set minimum oil pressure and max temp. The button on the oil pressure gauge is so you can lift needle to override gauge during startup.
    Lincoln 350MP
    Millermatic 350P
    Syncrowave 250
    1969 SA200

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  78.6 KBThe plug on the front of my machine is orange. It looks similar to remote plugs I've seen online. Can anyone tell me if my 115 plug has been swapped with the remote plug? There's another plug inside the machine dangling down. Also, can you run a wire feeder on these welders?
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

You can run an LN-25 on SA-200s. Just switch the LN-25 to CC mode.
    My remotes have this plug on the inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

Carl

Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400

I run a miller 12vs on cc off mine every now and then with dual shield you just have to keep your stickout solid. no code work allowed with it though. My wife works in a hospital the plug is hospital grade if there is no receptacle pigtail hanging off it anywhere than you should be able to plug a remote into it if wired correctly. Looks like your switch is on remote flip it to local if you don't have one just don't switch it while it's running. That's a machine that should get out and work. Looks like you've got a plug and play machine. Wish mine was when I bought it. Although mine was muuuuuch cheaper. Learned how to work on it though. Have fun nice machine.

Ok I have the plug hanging inside just like the pic, just curious since the plug on the faceplate might have been swapped to be the remote. Ill trace the wires and figure out for sure I think.

I ended up picking this one up for $2k
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

2k that's a good deal if it welds nice and runs good thought you paid 4500. Nice machine.

Running welding machine with tattletale safety system. Good paint... half assed trailer for 2K? You didn't do all that bad!!

Think I turned out great. It alpears the machine was totally gone thru, new carb, electrical, plugs wires, elec throttle, alternator, remote, panel, switches and paint. It runs awesome. I dont know enough to assess the guts.

Seller had a receipt from 7/2017 for $6000 so Im going to contact that company and see if I can track down the history. Im extremely happy with the purchase now that I was able to get it running.
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

Just out of curiosity. Why do you want this machine?
    The fenders are a little wonky, it's in storage and I should have covered it better from bird poo, will have to get ' t out this summer and install the board we modified with adjustable idle timer. The trailer has independent suspension, tows about perfect.
    I bought the second one on a deal and should sell them both. I bought the first one in 80, I had always intended on pipeline and something always came up. It's one of my welding regrets, I would have been super suited to it.
    I have a couple other small machines way more suited to what I do but with the advent of the Maxstar they get really lonely. In fact today wouldn't even bother with engine drive welder for as little as I need one, would have a simple cheaper genset and use a Max or similar.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Sberry; 01-13-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Nice trailer. I sold the one that came with my welder. Hope to build one as time allows. I just wanted an old lincoln to have one and to leave out at our land if needed. It kinda motivates me to practice stick welding and become more proficient. I use my tb for mig out in the field or powering my tig on jobs if needed, so Ill prob use the lincoln if I need stick.
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

I didn't notice a TB on your list. At 2K the big Linc is a deal, that's not such a stretch. If I was headed for portable today the TB would be on my short list although I havnt kept up as of late. If I had real shate to roam the country for maybe a Vantage but,,,, again,,, I am not familiar with all these as I don't need them and can do it all with a Weldanpower or a Bobcat. I like AC power, at least as useful as the welder. While the 200's have lots of fans for general work there isn't night and day difference from the TB and would trade a couple 200's for 1

Quote Originally Posted by CEP View Post
    You can run an LN-25 on SA-200s. Just switch the LN-25 to CC mode.
    My remotes have this plug on the inside.
    Your lincoln looks amazing
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

Went back look at video again alternator charging 40 amps which way to much may have bad regulator, also orange plug newer style for remote, it replace hanging cord /plug style ,,so you can plug up to 500' regular extension cord into plug to remote box ,, also make sure you shut down your machine when switching from remote switch when going from local to remote or it arc/burn switch out if you don"t ,, you can get more info from CABLE CONTROL which probable made the kit for machine if didn"t get remote box you can order one for it

Since the plug is orange and I have a plug dangling on the inside, I was worried they might have been switched. Ill trace em and see. Also I think the gauge is showing weld output or something. Didnt I hear 40amps or volts or something was notmal output?
    1968 Lincoln SA200
    Maxstar 161
    Dynasty 280
    Trailblazer 325efi excel
    Maxstar 210
    Hypertherm 45xp
    Invision 352
    Miller 211

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  95.8 KB